Apple Wonderlust 2023 (12th Sept'23)

What are you guys most excited for?

• Total voters
s23 ultra has all of those and much more, and costs less. works fine w/ any integration with my mac. I don't get what people mean by ecosystem when you have a Mac and an iphone. do you have some examples?
Can I connect my Apple Watch with S23?

I have MBP, Mac mini, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV and AirPods Pro. This is how deep I am in. There was a long discussion where I explained how going full on into ecosystem works.

Watched the event. Bit disappointed, I was expecting fast charging to be included, USB-C seems to be the key highlight.

Checked the Apple India site for 15 Pro, and the prices are a big finger salute to the people by pricing it $615 (over 60% premium) more than the US price.

There are truckload of YT videos that show these integrations. Or you can search for my posts earlier in this forum, not this post. Cannot write it all down everytime someone asks.
That's fine, man. Thank you! I didn't mean to offend. Im just curious.

i was mostly looking on the iPhone + Mac combos. Integrations i have found till now have seemed like really meh. For example, Continuity Camera is easily replaced by DroidCam OBS, AirDrop is replaced by WarpShare or Localsend or virtually anything else that does file sharing.

That's fine, man. Thank you! I didn't mean to offend. Im just curious.
Not offended, just saying that it is hard to explain all integrations. And this is a common question here about what kind of integrations Apple provides between its devices. There are videos that show these really well. Just yesterday, I was setting up an IPhone for wife, it prompted for WiFi password. As I have her iCloud account in my iCloud family , my phone prompted if WiFi password can be pushed to wife’s phone. I clicked yes, it took my face lID auth and in seconds, wife’s phone connected to WiFi. No need scan a bar code or QR code.
i was mostly looking on the iPhone + Mac combos. Integrations i have found till now have seemed like really meh. For example, Continuity Camera is easily replaced by DroidCam OBS, AirDrop is replaced by WarpShare or Localsend or virtually anything else that does file sharing.

I have budget to get these devices and have no time to play around to setup 3rd party tools that may also come with malware. Many integrations can be done by some tools but nothing is there that works like Apple Watch-iPhone. The closest is Sammy and their heart rate sensor on watch is very inaccurate. Also, Continuity features are very hard to nail with 3rd party. One other major reason for ditching Android (my own reason) is that I do not want anywhere near Google services.

Last edited:
Not offended, just saying that it is hard to explain all integrations. And this is a common question here about what kind of integrations Apple provides between its devices. There are videos that show these really well. Just yesterday, I was setting up an IPhone for wife, it prompted for WiFi password. As I have her iCloud account in my iCloud family , my phone prompted if WiFi password can be pushed to wife’s phone. I clicked yes, it took my face lID auth and in seconds, wife’s phone connected to WiFi. No need scan a bar code or QR code.

I have budget to get these devices and have no time to play around to setup 3rd party tools that may also come with malware. Many integrations can be done by some tools but nothing is there that works like Apple Watch-iPhone. The closest is Sammy and their heart rate sensor on watch is very inaccurate. Also, Continuity features are very hard to nail with 3rd party. One other major reason for ditching Android (my own reason) is that I do not want anywhere near Google services.
All tools i mentioned are open source.

event was a joke, so is the product lineup.
every next sentence was like - for the very first time.. <insert random marketing gimmick here>

removed charger from iphone cited carbon footprint.
now removed leather strap from watch cited carbon footprint.
due to EU regulation, they were forced to include usb-c, marketed it like as if they invented USB-C.
Tinanium.... HTC, Nokia, heck even xiaomi had made phone using this ..

back to back 3yrs of flop show and ZERO innovation.

I read this but I need to see it to believe it. This is Apple's flagship product.

Because if this is true. It is quite a big news and will only motivate other big tech companies to come to India and that India might be the one to replace dependency on China.

Now don't kill me for saying this. Only trying to looking at positive side.
I Understand On Ground level we still have much to do before we can take on China .

I think it's just the base models not Pros but yes still a significant step for local assembly.

event was a joke, so is the product lineup.
every next sentence was like - for the very first time.. <insert random marketing gimmick here>

due to EU regulation, they were forced to include usb-c, marketed it like as if they invented USB-C.

Sir, they did invent USB C, though not alone. There were 79 engineers who worked on USB C design and specification and Apple gave 23 of them. They pushed for USB C in laptops in 2014. Remember that 12” MB that only had type C ports? Apple and Intel were instrumental in pushing Type C. They stayed with Lightning on iPhones for MFi revenue, which is typical shitty Apple behavior.

We all felt that they quickly swept away USB part because they did that to avoid fine. If they had whole heartedly done that, it would have taken atleast 15 minutes of space with an ad on how usb c makes productivity easier.

The only two good things from that whole event were those scenes (opening one and one with Mother Earth). Rest was meh.

Here is a fun one. I purchased pencil because I want to add flyers into my documents. Just started learning. Please ignore my shitty drawing skills.

one more that happened just now. I was making a transaction. I got OTP on phone, for bank card verification for amazon purchase. A tiny overlay bubble came up around the text field showing my OTP asking me if that can be filled up. I tapped and then it asked 'auto delete message after filling the OTP field with the code. Selected yes, OTP is inserted into the field and the message on phone got auto deleted. This is a boon for such transactions.

Last edited:
Img.jpg

I was joking with a friend as to how they can keep using the same presentation every year with their generic slide on 2 performance cores, 4 efficiency cores with 10% and 20% speed improvements and well...

As someone who uses an iPhone as a primary phone and a Pixel as a secondary one, they only reason to get anything from the 15 series is for the Type C port, about 1-2 years after release, during a sale.

iPhone 15 pro models will support Navic. ( Indian GPS)

I wonder why iPhone 15 normal versions are not using it.

I remember when the lightning connector was introduced, it was replacing the 9 year old 30-pin connector and one of the promises they made at the time (to encourage adoption by both consumers and accessory manufacturers) was that they'll use the lightning connector for 'the next decade'. And so 11 years later, they switched to USB-C. It's nice to see this change, even if everyone attributes it to EU regulations.

The closest is Sammy and their heart rate sensor on watch is very inaccurate.

That hasn't been true for a very long time. A study published last year for the 2017 Gear Sport: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9731465/

Even with the local assembly, prices are still at an absurd premium over U.S. listings.

Not for the base models which is what everyone buys. USD pre-sales-tax price + 18% GST = INR price:

Appears to be some kind of agreement they had when they set up assembly/manufacturing in India.

It absurd that high refresh is not available at this price point compared to android phones.

Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference between 60Hz and 120Hz on my android phone. I'm sure there's a difference because every reviewer talks about it but I don't feel/see it personally. There's probably a significant amount of people like me who are not sensitive to HRR so that's likely the reason why Apple ships an 80k phone in 2023 without a HRR display.

One of the reasons I've seen floating around for the last few years about why Apple is slow to adopt new technologies is because the supply for components just isn't available on the scale that Apple requires. There's probably some credibility to that since Apple started assembling phones in India in 2017 but it took this long for QA/QC to reach a level where now iPhones made in India are being sold worldwide.

I remember when the lightning connector was introduced, it was replacing the 9 year old 30-pin connector and one of the promises they made at the time (to encourage adoption by both consumers and accessory manufacturers) was that they'll use the lightning connector for 'the next decade'. And so 11 years later, they switched to USB-C. It's nice to see this change, even if everyone attributes it to EU regulations.

That hasn't been true for a very long time. A study published last year for the 2017 Gear Sport: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9731465/

Not for the base models which is what everyone buys. USD pre-sales-tax price + 18% GST = INR price:

Appears to be some kind of agreement they had when they set up assembly/manufacturing in India.

Honestly, I can't tell much of a difference between 60Hz and 120Hz on my android phone. I'm sure there's a difference because every reviewer talks about it but I don't feel/see it personally. There's probably a significant amount of people like me who are not sensitive to HRR so that's likely the reason why Apple ships an 80k phone in 2023 without a HRR display.

One of the reasons I've seen floating around for the last few years about why Apple is slow to adopt new technologies is because the supply for components just isn't available on the scale that Apple requires. There's probably some credibility to that since Apple started assembling phones in India in 2017 but it took this long for QA/QC to reach a level where now iPhones made in India are being sold worldwide.
Don't know about others but I can absolutely make out a difference between 60hz and 120hz when I do have to switch to 60 to save battery.
Most likely non pro 60hz is just to create a gap with the pros. That's fine ,it's a business call. But in 2023, I am not paying that money for 60hz screens on already slow iOS Animations.

Have a 60hz iphone along with a 120hz vrr Android. Using the 60hz screen is a very unpleasant experience.

Not just that, my M1 mac 14 Pro battery life reduces by 2-3 hours when set to 120hz but seems like a small price to pay given how bad 60hz is.

Back