Apple Wonderlust 2023 (12th Sept'23)

What are you guys most excited for?

• Total voters
I, though am a techie and geek, cannot differentiate between 60Hz and 120Hz. Wife too feels the same. Even with games. Not saying that most are like this. Just saying that I am one of them who cannot differentiate. My ears are so so much better than my eyes. They can differentiate between different bitrates, speakers easily. For my eyes, every RR is same. I do see the difference if there is difference in DPI and resolution. :D
Probably need someone to show me the difference. Then will get to see the different. One of the reasons why I am enjoying iPhone and not missing OP8 at all. :D
I really want to see a difference, but it's barely perceptible to me. My primary mobile platform is MIUI (because of Leica's colour science addition's to their camera app) and it's been on 120Hz for the last couple of years. My secondary/tertiary mobile devices are 60Hz Apple devices and I switch between the three constantly and I really wish I could see the huge difference that people talk about but I just don't. My monitors are 75Hz.

We (the medical team I was a part of some years ago) tested the Gear S3 and Gear Fit 2 against our medical equipment for HR at sleep/awake and we found it accurate enough that we let medical students use them for patient evaluations because they were too lazy to count pulses for 10 seconds and multiply by 6. I can only assume the newer models are even more accurate. In a medical setting, exact HR isn't as important as knowing if HR is elevated or slowed, which is what that study probably targeted when they concluded accuracy was satisfactory.

HIgh intensity workouts are a different thing altogether, chest straps are best suited for those. I should still have a Nike+ SportWatch GPS somewhere with the chest strap from back when I was obsessed with hitting a 20k step count. These days I resemble an aerodynamic potato. But it's impressive that the Apple Watch SE is right up there with 7.
one of the guys told me you need to go exclusively 120 before you can notice a difference.

I wonder what sort of a make or break difference it is that you need to be exclusively confined to it to notice it :)

I really want to see a difference, but it's barely perceptible to me. My primary mobile platform is MIUI (because of Leica's colour science addition's to their camera app) and it's been on 120Hz for the last couple of years. My secondary/tertiary mobile devices are 60Hz Apple devices and I switch between the three constantly and I really wish I could see the huge difference that people talk about but I just don't. My monitors are 75Hz.
It's entirely possible that some individuals are more susceptible to HRR than others. It's just a matter of how your senses work.

For example, @desiibond has the gift of pristine hearing, which others may not have.

I use a Pixel 4 XL with a 90Hz display but it's a very noticeable change vs 60. It may not be the same for some others.

the price gaps for Pro and Pro Max models between us and indian pricing is atrocious
Pro costs 99k in us while its 52k expensive here and pro max is approx 59k more expensive.

one of the guys told me you need to go exclusively 120 before you can notice a difference.

I wonder what sort of a make or break difference it is that you need to be exclusively confined to it to notice it :)
It may be true for the person who said this. I was sold when I played around with a display piece of OnePlus 9 pro at croma. I bought my 120hz phone much later. But the seeds were sown at that moment.

Everyone is different, my wife is totally happy with her XR lcd low resolution screen.

I have no way of telling how many people notice it. But that number must be meaningful considering Apple did decide to belatedly offer 120hz on its best phones after not caring for 120hz for at least 2-3 years.

It waited and watched to see if the market actually wants it and now it treats that feature as a meaningful differentiator between it's cheap phones vs flagship phones.

I have a 90hz windows laptop, I can't see much difference there but the 120hz on the mac pro is oooof so sweet. Can't go back. Took one day to fall in love.

It may be true for the person who said this. I was sold when I played around with a display piece of OnePlus 9 pro at croma. I bought my 120hz phone much later. But the seeds were sown at that moment.

Everyone is different, my wife is totally happy with her XR lcd low resolution screen.

I have no way of telling how many people notice it. But that number must be meaningful considering Apple did decide to belatedly offer 120hz on its best phones after not caring for 120hz for at least 2-3 years.

It waited and watched to see if the market actually wants it and now it treats that feature as a meaningful differentiator between it's cheap phones vs flagship phones.

I have a 90hz windows laptop, I can't see much difference there but the 120hz on the mac pro is oooof so sweet. Can't go back. Took one day to fall in love.
It's not that I don't see a diff.

Most of my devices are 120
Laptop (MBP) is 120, tablets I use are iPP12 and S8+ which are again 120.
1 phone (Samsung Z4) is 120.

The only devices that are on 60 are my desktop monitor and my other phone (ip11)

Do I see a difference - on a static screen, obviously not.
The time it's most visible to me is while scrolling a webpage where the 120 devices seem to have a smoother scroll.

Would I say there is no difference- absolutely not.
Does it make a major difference?
In real life, Not for me at least coz I can't read while a page is scrolling :)

A higher res screen is something that affects my user experience throughout the day
A better colour/ contrast screen is again something that affects the UX throughout the day

I guess what I am trying to say is that 120HRR is surely a good to have - but really low on my priority ratings at least as compared to other parameters

man, same. I'm waiting for M3 with hopes that they go OLED.
The mini-LED on the current iPads is significantly better than the OLED On Samsung tabs for videos . Do keep that in mind

It's not that I don't see a diff.

Most of my devices are 120
Laptop (MBP) is 120, tablets I use are iPP12 and S8+ which are again 120.
1 phone (Samsung Z4) is 120.

The only devices that are on 60 are my desktop monitor and my other phone (ip11)

Do I see a difference - on a static screen, obviously not.
The time it's most visible to me is while scrolling a webpage where the 120 devices seem to have a smoother scroll.

Would I say there is no difference- absolutely not.
Does it make a major difference?
In real life, Not for me at least coz I can't read while a page is scrolling :)

A higher res screen is something that affects my user experience throughout the day
A better colour/ contrast screen is again something that affects the UX throughout the day

I guess what I am trying to say is that 120HRR is surely a good to have - but really low on my priority ratings at least as compared to other parameters

The mini-LED on the current iPads is significantly better than the OLED On Samsung tabs for videos . Do keep that in mind
We are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I can't make out extra pixels on the phone screen. My eyes are simply not that good to notice. When I had it, my s22U was always on fhd. Really needed to lean in to make out the pixelation.

I would pay more for hrr but won't pay for qhd (unless it's a 27 inch or above monitor).

We are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. I can't make out extra pixels on the phone screen. My eyes are simply not that good to notice. When I had it, my s22U was always on fhd. Really needed to lean in to make out the pixelation.

I would pay more for hrr but won't pay for qhd (unless it's a 27 inch or above monitor).
Haha, yeah - My monitors are 4K - including one at 24" :tearsofjoy:

yeah, Sammy displays are calibrated to be punchy and vibrant. When I moved from OP8 to iPhone 13, I kind of missed that punchy colours but then the more I used iPhone's OLED and the MBP, the more I preferred the soft tone of Apple displays (though these displays are made by LG or Samsung). MBP 13 display is the pinnacle of LCD (LED backlit) tech.

Apple iPhone 15 Pro deliveries slip to October in sign of demand

Apple Inc.’s new iPhone 15 Pro quickly saw initial delivery times slip into October as the new flagship device went on sale for pre-orders on Friday, suggesting strong demand for the most-expensive models.

Four iPhone 15 models became available for pre-order on Friday in several countries. The Pro Max, which starts at $1,199, saw its first deliveries slip from Sept. 22 to as late as Oct. 16 in the US just minutes after pre-orders began at 5 a.m. in California. Delays affected all colors of the model — blue, natural, black and white — and most storage capacities.

China is seeing shipment delays of six to seven weeks already for all iPhone 15 Pro Max models, while the UK is showing seven- to eight-week delays for some versions of the device. Canada is showing six- to seven-week wait times and India is showing delays as high as eight weeks for a more limited set of models. These delays could continue to grow as pre-orders are placed.

The standard iPhone 15 Pro with a smaller screen is also seeing delays, affecting all colors in some storage capacities. The wait time for those phones, which start at $999, is as late as Oct. 9 as of Friday morning. So far, the only base-level iPhone 15 model seeing delays is the iPhone 15 Plus in pink in all storage capacities.

People who have Iphone 14. What's the trade in value that Apple is giving to buy an Iphone 15?

The pricing is becoming sadder by the year. I was looking forward to upgrade from my 11 pro max to 15 pro max, but 1,59,900Rs is straight up unaffordable, will move to android instead.
Well, look on the bright side: when Apple will come out with their foldables, the Indian pricing will be easier to guess.

Back