Apple Wonderlust 2023 (12th Sept'23)

What are you guys most excited for?

• Total voters
Did anyone install iOS 17? Safari feels damn fast, wondering why they couldn’t do this earlier.
safari has always felt pretty fast.. it does sometimes need a reset/ cache clearing though .. once in 6months or so maybe..
perhaps the update cleared your cache?
I’m getting 54k for 14PM 128gb. :(
why would you even think of upgrading from a 14PM.. that phone is more than good enough for at least 2 if not 3 more years..
there is pretty much nothing to gain with an annual update with these phones

can anyone help me answer this
If i get apple watch ultra/ultra 2 from USA will it work with Indian esim?
Without an iPhone?.

Thanks.

No you need an iphone to connect it once and register esim on your watch, also if you are a postpaid user then its supported by all networks incase of prepaid only jio is supported :)

Did anyone install iOS 17? Safari feels damn fast, wondering why they couldn’t do this earlier.

Chrome is also snappy. Nothing to complain tbh.

safari has always felt pretty fast.. it does sometimes need a reset/ cache clearing though .. once in 6months or so maybe..
perhaps the update cleared your cache?

why would you even think of upgrading from a 14PM.. that phone is more than good enough for at least 2 if not 3 more years..
there is pretty much nothing to gain with an annual update with these phones

Was just checking resale value. Could have picked up the 15PM during work trips if resale is high enough, but 54k is pretty bad. Lol.

I am planning to buy a second-hand 14 Pro locally. This will be my first iPhone in many years (Had 4s years ago). What should be a good bargain price from a buyer's perspective (and not seller's, please)?

Also, what do you people think, new 14 Pro would go for during pre Diwali sales?

I am planning to buy a second-hand 14 Pro locally. This will be my first iPhone in many years (Had 4s years ago). What should be a good bargain price from a buyer's perspective (and not seller's, please)?

Also, what do you people think, new 14 Pro would go for during pre Diwali sales?
Should be just under 1 Lac(99,999/-) in BBD

IIRC on iOS, chrome is safari. Apple does not allow other engines, and chrome/firefox/everything else is webkit(safari) in a different package.
Oh.. i heard about this before but i am not clear on what you mean by webkit of safari is used by chrome. Many times, some websites wont load properly in safari, but loads well in edge. In such scenarios, i doubt whethet webkit is the same or there is some other technical differences

New Global piece is 93k for 256 gb at a local store

Oh.. i heard about this before but i am not clear on what you mean by webkit of safari is used by chrome. Many times, some websites wont load properly in safari, but loads well in edge. In such scenarios, i doubt whethet webkit is the same or there is some other technical differences
They do use the same engine, but the site could still break in one browser and work in another, due to data dependency (browser storage and cookies, for example), browser detection by the website (chrome will send a different user agent from safari) etc..

:) I am trying hard to get convinced that I should not cancel my pre-order for 256GB Black iPhone 15PM, but the more I think, the more challenging it gets.
I have made up my mind. 15 Pro Max in no way is a worthy upgrade to 14PM with increased price point. Same Wide, Ultra Wide and Front Camera, meager performance enhancement and no battery life enhancement over 14 PM.

Even though, somehow Flipkart gave me 6K instant discount in place of 4K, but that is not enough to justify.

If anyone in Noida/Delhi/NCR was looking to buy 15PM 256 GB Black, but could not preorder or prebook, can contact me, if interested.

Else, I will cancel the order around 21st midnight.

That;s not a valid comparison really. If you must draw this comparison - it wil be against something like a s23 ultra.
or 75K on a base 15 against say a s23.

Is it worth spending that kind of money on phones (whether apple or android)? Proably not - but again, people spend way more than that on even bags and watches .. to each his/her own.. no?
I just got a S23 256 GB online with student discount for 68.5k with HDFC card discount. Later I asked in local shop, they are selling it for 60k so the iphone becomes a more difficult choice lol.

still shows no update for me... it was supposed to be seeded yesterday night 10pm IST.

i heard if one dont upgrade iPhone every year the change of getting eED is increases by 90%.

Last edited:
Back