Are PC Gamers Too Good for Console Gamers?

^^ Bang on, Q3 CPMA mod is a hell to master, I remember playing a couple of times on Kawa server, and got pawned royally by Ricky and Ashr.. Been a long time since I have gamed online ...

saumilsingh said:
^ Simply pwning noobs is hardly enough :p. You should dig up some Q3 CPMA frag videos to see just what kinda moves PC gamers can pull off with a mouse & keyboard. I swear, their feet never even touch the ground, they're literally navigating the map by bouncing themselves off from one wall to another using the rocket launcher.

But really, it depends on the game. This article only holds true for FPS games. If we consider sports or racing games, it is the keyboard & mouse users who will be beaten everytime.
True that sawmill. I recollect seeing some youtube videos of rocket jumping in the CPMA challenges. :)

And in my previous post, by noobs I did not mean ze noobs but peeps who have really had a hand in KZ2 before. I had completed the game in normal mode and was considering it an achievement. Only to realise later on it wasn't worth it. :|

jojothedragon said:
If the gamer is pro no matter what kinna hardware he/she(yep chicks are pros too nowadays :( ) can pawn and pawn good. Useless blogger. Totally Narrow minded .

take a look, its not that good but fair enough:-
jojothedragon.png
If you are talking about Rahul Sood, you have no idea what you are typing.
Take the time to click on a link and look at all that is available on the page. and THEN offer your opinion.

@gannu

The point we PC guys are trying to make here is that you can NEVER get the same level of control over your player/character in a FPS/RTS kind of game with a controller that you can with a controller.
A controller is just highly restricted physically.
To put it in a different way, a console champ needs to do a lot less to become awesome at it :p

jojothedragon said:
If the gamer is pro no matter what kinna hardware he/she can pawn and pawn good..
I dont think so. the kind of practice you have when you play with joystick is completely different from kind of practice you have with KB/Mouse. A pro-gamer may pawn others with joystick too, but the effort required will be much greater. The simple act of shooting is such a pain in the ass with the joystick. Mastering the head shot with KB/Mouse takes a lot less time and is easier than with joystick. Even racing games are lot more simple on KB/Mouse. Add to that the console version of games are not as challenging as PC versions.

People who play on console are NOT dumb or slow. The limitation of hardware makes playing a game on console more cumbersome. Hence, any one who plays with joystick will be pawned by a person who plays with KB/Mouse.

The only way to test who is better is to pit pro players of PC with pro players of console with their respective hardware. I think, PC players will have a big upper hand.

stalker said:
@gannu

The point we PC guys are trying to make here is that you can NEVER get the same level of control over your player/character in a FPS/RTS kind of game with a controller that you can with a controller.

A controller is just highly restricted physically.

To put it in a different way, a console champ needs to do a lot less to become awesome at it :p
Yeah got that. :p

OK on a side note, any idea why would something like this controller instead of a keyboard not be successful in the gaming market at all? I recollect seeing some of these in the Reliance Webworlds sometime back.

Desecrator said:
Yeah got that. :p

OK on a side note, any idea why would something like this controller instead of a keyboard not be successful in the gaming market at all? I recollect seeing some of these in the Reliance Webworlds sometime back.
The nostromo is a glorified gaming numpad :D
j/k :)
While a pretty awesome piece of hardware.. it also cost $50.. or thereabouts.
I would guess that most PC gamers would be happy with thier standard keyboards and fancy mice and would rather spend money on faster video cards :p

I wonder if Microsoft Kinect and Playstation Move will change the way console gamers play FPS games. Kinect has a lot of lag so that may not be ideal for FPS games, Move on the other hand could turn out to be awesome...

stalker said:
If you are talking about Rahul Sood, you have no idea what you are typing.

Take the time to click on a link and look at all that is available on the page. and THEN offer your opinion.

ok i might have overtyped a little on the last two lines, but it doesn't change the fact.

Aces170 said:
^^ Bang on, Q3 CPMA mod is a hell to master, I remember playing a couple of times on Kawa server, and got pawned royally by Ricky and Ashr.. Been a long time since I have gamed online ...
ACES!!! Where/how are you? Long time.... :)

You said it man. -NO- game comes even remotely close to Q3 CPMA when it comes to 1 vs 1 DM joy.

Insane speed, amazing movement, fast rockets, fantastic physics, great maps and instant weapon switching make CPM so special. I don't think its alive in India anymore. :(

CPM CTF was so much fun as well though catching up with Ashr or Shaun (I think thats what his name was, used to play from another country) once they had the flag was virtually impossible. Great times....I REALLY miss CPM. :(

PC gamers will have advantage over console gamers in FPS.OK.
But, what about other games? Sports, Racing,etc.
Can't PC gamers and console gamers play on equal ground in games such as FIFA/PES, NFS,etc?

MS shouldn't have scraper the project. It would be excellent if they implement it in non-FPS games.

You're right. If nothing else, they should have at least TRIED it out for Racing/Sports games. I think it would have been more "competitive" as compared to FPS games....

Sudarshan_SMD said:
PC gamers will have advantage over console gamers in FPS.OK.

But, what about other games? Sports, Racing,etc.

Can't PC gamers and console gamers play on equal ground in games such as FIFA/PES, NFS,etc?

MS shouldn't have scraper the project. It would be excellent if they implement it in non-FPS games.
wouldnt really say that.

the thing s that games like fifa dont use similar engine over xbox as well as pc and it becomes plain hard to compare..only if it was possible to use keyboard mouse on xbox then we would know :p

a joypad maybe a little easier to start with for sports but i cant feel as accurate with it as much i feel with a keyboard.

the advantage is fluid motion in any direction accurately but that comes with a disadvantage of speed in gameplay if compared with keyboard mouse in case of fifa.

i may be wrong but i personally havent seen that happening, even with fifa on pc with xbox controller.

Man, I just cant play BFBC2 or any other FPS with my x360 controller. Not even Mirror's Edge.... But games like, NBA live, racing games, and platformers, they are a helluva lot better with controller. Even Gears of War was better with controller for me. Maybe because it was the first shooter I played that had Vibration support...

Thank God !! and here I thought I was a noob at PS3 and X-box console games.

Now I understand the reason why I couldn't finish in a respectable top 3 while playing NFS when I beat the $h1t out of computer when playing the same on a PC using Keyboard.

Not a big fan of FPS, but however little experience I have, I have to agree.

Keyboard/Mouse combo is far better than consoles any day.

Back