Android Are Tablet pen covers and glass protector worth it?

fakemishra

Patron
I have S9 FE+ and a Pad 6 with their respective pencils. Xiaomi's cost me hefty 6k and I am literally dumbfounded how far they have gone to dube Indians! Anyway, i would like to keep the pencil safe for as long as possible ( as well as Samsung's s pen).

Keeping it sticking at the edge does not seem very ...safe.
What do you guys do to avoid damages?

Also, is there any point in getting tempered glass for tablets?
We are noing to take them out for spin anyway.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Tempered glass to me is peace of mind. I drop stuff irrespective of whether I take it outside the house or it remains inside. And I'll feel bad when I drop the device and the screen gets scratched and to prevent this, I would only have to have spent some ₹400 odd.

As for pen safety, I use a case where the pen is prominent and secure preferably on the same side of the display. Prominent because I will notice it's missing and will not leave a place without it, secure because I don't want it dropping somewhere if I strike something with the case and the pen decides it's had enough.

Cases I use -

This one has the pen securely held in the back.

This one holds the pen in the front and the case closes such that the pen can't fall off.

Last edited:
Tempered glass to me is peace of mind. I drop stuff irrespective of whether I take it outside the house or it remains inside. And I'll feel bad when I drop the device and the screen gets scratched and to prevent this, I would only have to have spent some ₹400 odd.

As for pen safety, I use a case where the pen is prominent and secure preferably on the same side of the display. Prominent because I will notice it's missing and will not leave a place without it, secure because I don't want it dropping somewhere if I strike something with the case and the pen decides it's had enough.

Cases I use -

This one has the pen securely held in the back.

This one holds the pen in the front and the case closes such that the pen can't fall off.
You are right about peace of mind. Just that... Over the years, i bought so many devices and every single one was equipped with tempered and cover. However, so much hassle doesn't mean much of late: resale value of electronics sucks! Maybe it is time to use devices the way they were meant to

That case is serious!

I have S9 FE+ and a Pad 6 with their respective pencils. Xiaomi's cost me hefty 6k and I am literally dumbfounded how far they have gone to dube Indians! Anyway, i would like to keep the pencil safe for as long as possible ( as well as Samsung's s pen).

Keeping it sticking at the edge does not seem very ...safe.
What do you guys do to avoid damages?

Also, is there any point in getting tempered glass for tablets?
We are noing to take them out for spin anyway.

Any pointers would be helpful.
If you can cover the tip when not in use just like a regular pen, it will be great. It will break if it falls on the nib or tip.

Tempered glass seems to me not to be with it on tablets at all especially with the pen, the experience is underwhelming.

I wish they had pen covers in market. Especially with brands like Xiaomi who have zero pen substitutes, it would have been so good to have some pen covers

OT, but are spigen tempered glass worth the high price? the only USP I can see is that they have that auto alignment tool thingy but shelling 2k out seems a little excessive to me

Back