ARES blues...

Have you ever experienced the problem in ARES( or any else p2p s/w) that the movie goes to 99% of completion and then goes back to 98% or something. And this loop goes on forever. Is this some kind of fake file "they" put in there? And if i stop it at 99% and copy it elsewhere, it doesn't play like my audio file wud. Any solution?

I also managed to get one movie file corrupted, after 80% of download. I had left the download unattended and the disk filled up to max giving "out of space" error messages. Can that be the reason? Can it be restored?

Waiting for answers ....:)

yup... happened to me before.... I dont have a choice but to choose another file to download.

Happened to me even in Limewire...

Yes.. I think.. you might have an older version of Ares because they fixed this one by updates. I had the problem in just one version.

One more thing, i think SP2 Connectivity Patch is needed. Try searching for it.

that always happened to me on my early p2p's days when i used Kazaa, it stopped when i shifted to Bittorent, Limewire (many fakes here still), WinMX and specially DC++ (you just can't get a file that would stop at 99% here)

it happened to me lots of times...but it has been solved with the SP2 connectivity patcher.

uploaded the zip file for it...:)

Attachments

• SP2ConnPatcher.zip
    175 KB · Views: 139
one thing i used that helped me a lot is

pear guardian 2, once i used that "NO" more fake files no more incomplete download, and no more half playing files

BTW, the looping problem's solution is to just stop it at 100% and if you are watching the bytes, pause it atleast 10 bytes before. Both of my files worked this way. And if download speed is too high to let u stop at the right instant....u can set the download speed limit in OPTIONS to a lower value.

And if i remember right....there was some tool for restoring corrupted kazaa(/kazaalite) downloads. Wonder if there is something like that for ARES.

win 98 ..darn..okay..but u said to stop the d/l at 100%..i have seend many of my d/ls atopping at 99..n goin back to 60...n looping in that way..even after stoppin d/l n resuming :p

argus_smith said:
win 98 ..darn..okay..but u said to stop the d/l at 100%..i have seend many of my d/ls atopping at 99..n goin back to 60...n looping in that way..even after stoppin d/l n resuming :p

In that case...i guess i was plain lucky :)

Its SP2's error. Nuthin else. I had got tihs on my old PC when i installed SP2 for a tryout. Then i removed SP2 and installed good ol' SP1. It was fine.

But now with new Ares on my New PC with SP2 this doesnt happen :).

Waise guys, its not an sp2 error, its like a stupid protection thing,

they block the max number of simeltaneous half connections.

ThunderBolt,

Its maybe becase ares is downloading from a courrupt source, and unlike bt/ed2k its not able to ban the source, thus keeps accepting the currupt file from that comp.

Besides many people face issues with connecting to the server in ares.

Try KCeasy, its uses 3 networks, ares/gnutella/openFT (GIFt)

Back