Graphic Cards ASUS 8800GTX/GTS Retail pics & info ..

462226655gd5.jpg

462226656sy8.jpg

462226658dt4.jpg

462226657xo6.jpg

ASUS Exclusive Innovations

**HDCP Compliant: Allow playback of HD DVD, Blu-Ray Disc and other protected content at full HDresolutions

**Built for Microsoft Windows Vista

**ASUS Splendid : Watching movies on PC is as good as on Top-of-the-line consumer television

ASUS Video Security Online : Keep an eye on your home at all times no matter where you are

**ASUS Game LiveShow : Stream live gaming action onto the internet and share with other gaming enthusiast

**ASUS Game Replay : Recording gaming action and strategy into MPEG4 files to share with other gaming enthusiast

**ASUS Game FaceMessenger : Easy IM and live game conference in any PC games

**ASUS OnScreenDisplay : Adjust the fame settings and enhance gaming experience without leaving the game
Graphics GPU Feature

-Built for Microsoft Windows Vista NVIDIA SLI Technology ready
-NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology
-Full support for Microsoft DirectX10.0 and ShaderModel 4.0 enables stunning and complex specialeffects
-OpenGL 2.0 support
-NVIDIA Quantum Effects Technology
-True 128-bit floating point high dynamic-range (HDR) lighting
-Two dual-link DVI outputs support two 2560x1600 resolution displays

Hardware Specification

Graphics Engine : GeForce 8800GTX
Video Memory : 768MB DDR3
Engine Clock : 575MHz
Memory Clock : 1.8GHz (900MHz DDR3)
Memory Interface : 384-bit
Max. Resolution : Up to 2560 x 1600
Bus Standard : PCI Express X16
VGA Output : YES, via DVI to VGA Adapter
HDTV Output : YES, via HDTV Out cable
TV Output : YES, via S-Video to Composite
DVI Output : DVI-I , Dual
HDCP Compliant : YES
Adaptor/Cable Bundled : DVI to VGA adapter , Power Cable*2 , HDTV-out cable
Software Bundled : Ghost Recon , GTI Racing , 3Dmark06

Um.. The Spec's are real. They were announced ealier.

Ill ask a few of my friends from Asus about this. I doubt its real. If it is, ill make sure ill get one to Test right away :mad:.

Strangely i find some differences in the two pics.. Are they there or my eyes are playing ?

In the first one just to the Right Bottom corner we can ( or I can ) see NVidia logo, but it seems missing in the second pic. Maybe it got hidden behind the HS, but it is on the border of the PCB. Anyways thats the side (bottom Right ) i see some differences.

could be true...DailyTech received prod sample October First week...Thats what they claimed right.

DailyTech received its first looks at a GeForce 8800 production sample today, and by the looks of it, the card is a monster: at least with regard to size and power requirements.

The GeForce 8800 comes in two flavors, which we will get into more detail about over the course of the next few days. The first card, the GeForce 8800GTX, is the full blown G80 experience, measuring a little less than 11 inches in length. The GeForce 8800GTS is a cut down version of the first, and only 9 inches in length.

The marketing material included with the card claims NVIDIA requires at least a 450W power supply for a single GeForce 8800GTX, and 400W for the 8800GTS. Top tier vendors in Taiwan have already confirmed with DailyTech that GeForce 8800 cards in SLI mode will likely carry a power supply "recommendation" of 800W. NVIDIA's GeForce 7950GX2, currently the company's top performing video card, carries a recommendation of 400W to run the card in single-card mode.

NVIDIA is slated to launch both versions of the GeForce 8800 in November of this year. More details on the GeForce 8800 will be available later today on DailyTech.

hehe. This card is just under 1 feet lol.

:S

lol..heres an obv pissed off guy making him comment on sm forum.

This is great news. For $300, I can buy a great 1300watt psu and then spend the amount of money I would on a new heating system on these cards in SLI mode. I'm hoping they have a Quad Configuration as well because I need to exhaust the entire side of the case directly into my AC Ducts and I need the extra fan power to push it upstairs, and I want it to be as warm and toasty as possible. I may just have to put all silent heat sinks and setup a warning monitory system to generate EVEN MORE HEAT and then use an external exhaust fan to whiff it up into the house.

I am very happy that such technology can provide true comfort for the family room in the upstairs where we will stream video to for the family visits.

In the basement, where this will be, I may have to wear shorts to keep from sweating too much, but it will be worth it.

The Pentium 4 Extreme Edition doesn't, by itself, generate the amount of heat to warm more than an entire basement, but Intel Technology together with Nvidia push the Thermal Envelope to new heights, and I thank them, and my cat thanks them.

:rofl:

By the way the power recomendation is for the whole system right...It doesnt look bad at all then.

This is great news. For $300, I can buy a great 1300watt psu and then spend the amount of money I would on a new heating system on these cards in SLI mode. I'm hoping they have a Quad Configuration as well because I need to exhaust the entire side of the case directly into my AC Ducts and I need the extra fan power to push it upstairs, and I want it to be as warm and toasty as possible. I may just have to put all silent heat sinks and setup a warning monitory system to generate EVEN MORE HEAT and then use an external exhaust fan to whiff it up into the house.

I am very happy that such technology can provide true comfort for the family room in the upstairs where we will stream video to for the family visits.
In the basement, where this will be, I may have to wear shorts to keep from sweating too much, but it will be worth it.

The Pentium 4 Extreme Edition doesn't, by itself, generate the amount of heat to warm more than an entire basement, but Intel Technology together with Nvidia push the Thermal Envelope to new heights, and I thank them, and my cat thanks them.

LOL ...nice Idea ! :eek:hyeah:

I hope... that you are going to help them redesign chips for the "New & Tiny Fab Process"?? Wat say Goldie??

Everybody is trying to shed extra heat but given the nature of business and Risks involved in "jumping" to new Fab process, they need to test it out atleast 10 times before going for it. Just for idea... CPUs are on 65nm since sometime now... GPUs are still stuck @ 90nm for High-End parts. Wateva da outcome, I still like NVIDIA for being on Time with their products.

The cards are gonna get released on 8th November....so just wait till then. But those specs sure make it look like a monster card.....The bandwidth in theory of the 8800GTX is around 85GBps:S ...i read it somewhere(Xbit i think)
Can't wait to get my hands on this beast. Any idea when a mobile version will be released or wether its even possible to release one???:bleh:

NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0191.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX"
NVIDIA_G80.DEV_0193.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS"

got this from the nv4_disp1.inf from the new 96.89 driver sets .... so it seems that the news has some truth in it .. and btw .. these drivers were leaked from Asus ..... hmmm .. seems to be more real ....

Also .. the 3rd pic is of the 8800GT probably ..

Well hard to believe...DX10 cards r allready out!!:S ...it's just da beginnin...initial pieces r allwyz crap...(accordin to my exp atleast)..expect more things to come to dx10 is actually released..
neway bt da card..the HSF seems crappy enough...n da card look's bulky!

Back