CPU/Mobo ASUS M3A78-EM or GA-MA78GM-US2H ?

Mate, there are many 785, 790 chipset mobos for less than 4.5k from other vendows and equally stable and good built.

Biostar TA790GXB A2+ : some 4.8k : really stable and good mobo. ive oced my X2 550 unlocked to X4 B50 to 4.0Ghz + on this mobo.

Biostar TA790GXBE : 4.5k : almost as good as the 790 A2+, but power to proccy is but less [125W opposed to 145 for A2+]. Every other features and layout same.

Biostar TA 785GE 128M: 4k : Extreme vfm. As good as TA 790 GXB A2+ in overclocking. has buoltin 128M sideport memory. Can unlock cores too same as all other 790GX/FX mobos if proccy batch is good.

Though Gigabyte is a good brand, i wont recommend a 780G mobo even from gigabyte/asus when equally stable and better chipset mobos are there for lesser price.

@dOm1naTOr thanks for suggestion, i wud buy Biostar but never even seen a Biostar Mobo Before, so i cant just buy it blindly. Secondly i asked the dealer , he said Biostar Warranty at my place is very very poor.No one even buys them here.

What ill do is ill buy asus one now and after 4~5 months ill upgrade just the Mobo to unlock other cores. Howz that?

I would say if price is deciding factor then go for Biostar else MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS. You can't compare build quality to be same when compared to cheap Biostar ones. No offense meant.

there wud be loss of good money on each purchase and sale. jst check official super PI score sticky thread and look under Phenom II.

5 out of 8 top scores are biostar :D

check this extreme oc tests review: Biostar TA785GE 128M modded Bios X2@X4 ready for downloading - XtremeSystems Forums

6Ghz + on bio TA785GE 128M mobo. :)

im recommending you a 785 one , coz i know how better it ll be after unlocking an x2 to x4. There is hell lotta difference. You wont see nythin special if its a 780 [non unlockable] mobo from biostar, jetway or say gigabyte unless u put it to the extreme tests. But x2> X4 is sure to give almost 2x better scores in multithreaded apps.

Eeeee....m gonna get mad now , asus and gigabyte had enough comparison and now Biostar...:mad:

Its getting even more complicated.

Just listen to me mate.

Are you going to oc ?

(Regarding OCing in this mobo, i heard from some TE members that this mobo is not suitable for that, but m not sure, since i dont know much about OCing and havent tried that.

If you are not going to OC just blindly go for asus m3n78em. Its a very very excellent fantastic motherboard with good stability , build and lots of features. I am enjoying this mobo.

I am having an old PCI yamaha ds-xg sound card with very excellent sound clarity almost 8 yrs old. Its working like a charm in this mobo without any issues. I absolutely agree that NVIDIA is known for its excellent compatibility....

If you want quality then ASUS is the best bet. This motherboard has only 2 PCI slots. If you want 3 PCI slots, there is M3N-H-HDMI which is also a good option, but the price will be 5k+.

But if you are very concerned about the A.S.S of ASUS, then its upto your choice since I have read many negative reviews about RASHI.

Hmm @anifjavid has put up a very interesting point here.

One more Question arises .

Which Mobo is best for OCing among only these two ,ASUS M3A78-EM or Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H ? with Phenom II x2 550BE.

M talking about Budget Mobo since the first post which is not above 4.5k , So Plz Plz dont suggest another Mobo. I guess, Ill make my choice based on this now.

Between the gigabyte na ASUS ..... Gigabyte is preferable as it is best all round

But the Biostar TA785GE 128M is also an excellent choice for unlocking and overclocking ........also u can get it from Lynx at around 4.2k

Dex@ter said:
Between the gigabyte na ASUS ..... Gigabyte is preferable as it is best all round

But the Biostar TA785GE 128M is also an excellent choice for unlocking and overclocking ........also u can get it from Lynx at around 4.2k

There are Disadvantages of Biostar TA785GE 128M for me.

1. 128M Sideport useless as ill use Gfx Card ie HD 4770

2. No eSata Port

@HailStonE @haraakiri @Saddhu @dOm1naTOr Thanks a lot for suggesting 785G/SB710 Mobo.:bleh: It was really a hot discussion.

But you guys are absolutely right , i should opt for 785G/SB710 extending my budget a little:clap: As il get option to uplock x4 cores on 550BE and also AMD ACC and Better Overclocking.:D

SO i finally get to choose between Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H or GA-MA785GM-UD2H

1.Whats the Diff between these 2 (US2H vs UD2H)

2.What are the Prices of these 2 boards.

I found 5093/- + Tax for Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H on Lynx but can find out the prices of GA-MA785GM-UD2H.

3.i have 4-pin connector on psu Board has 8-pin ..will it be okay with 4 pin.

^... These are the only two differences....
GA-MA785GM-UD2H has these...
  1. Supports Dolby Home Theater audio to enjoy a rich surround sound experience
  2. 100% 50,000 hours lifespan of Japanese solid capacitors design

GA-MA785GM-US2H
lacks these features hence I guess the other one would be more expensive....

Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H not available at lynx nor here locally :(, now what?

I have Phenom II X2 550BE [0919EPMW] in my hand right now...temporarily will it work on m2nmx se????

Pls Help.

^... Of course it will work but you will have to update the BIOS beforehand for support... Check out with ASUS support site & see if you have the latest version... You may not be able to OC it much though...

Back