Asus NT13U b1 issues

@Delhiboy: Thanks will try that.

Varkey: What is the IP of your modem for console access, I had both my router and ADSL modem having the same IP for console access, and it was causing a huge PITA. I changed Asus's IP from its console panel, and things ironed out by themselves... And yeah try the latest firmware, and the latest beta firmware. Also are you able to access the Asus console page, by wi-fi?

@Cranky: Have Pmed you.

^ Its a 3G USB Modem, it doesn't have any console access etc. I tried the latest firmware and the beta and the issue is the same. But sometimes it works without any issues. The issue occurs randomly. When I am able to connect to the router by Wifi, I can access the Asus Config page.

Will try it for 1-2 days more and see.

You should be able to open the Asus console page, irrespective of the modem. Disconnect the modem and try accessing the console page. If you are unable to, its either an issue with Asus, or your notebook's wifi chip. As a precautionary measure just change Asus's console IP range to 192.168.0.x etc...

As I said, I can access the Asus Console page by wifi and also access the telnet console, when it connects to the network. But sometimes it just doesn't connect to the wifi network itself.

I tried with 2-3 laptops and its still the same.

Im surprised that the router is having issues with Range and connectivity. Did you folks try fiddling around with different channels ? Maybe you have a neighbor using a 2.4ghz phone on the same channel :)

Also, did anyone try and flash the router with the open source DD-WRT firmware ? My friend did (His router is not the B1 version) and the router has been rock solid.

very strange.

Using B1, Just upgraded the firmware after opening the box & Using latest download master.

Working like a charm.. Excellent range, very stable, downloads 4 torrents at max speed of 200 Kbps whole night on USB.

-------

Small question - Whats maximum size of HDD/USB supported by B1 ?

Per my knowledge, if its FAT32 then 4 GB USB max.. Can we use 8 GB ?

dunno 'bout B1 but mine works fine with a 300Gb Seagate drive formatted in NTFS and placed in a USB enclosure. Mine was the initial version with 4MB ROM.

I am using a 500 GB Seagate Freeagent Desk model, partitioned in two 1) 320 GB FAT32 and 2) 160 GB NTFS..both are visible in the Router's IP and accessible over LAN.

Holy, Didnt know this. Damn was using 4 GB thinking it wont support.

Anyone using B1 can confirm this ? If it works then will start fetching torrents on 80 GB HDD ? Manual does not say anything about NTFS.

Praks said:
Holy, Didnt know this. Damn was using 4 GB thinking it wont support.

Anyone using B1 can confirm this ? If it works then will start fetching torrents on 80 GB HDD ? Manual does not say anything about NTFS.
am using B1 only..but cant try downloading ...since I have given my router for checking at Rashi :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

was unable to connect on wireless with WPA2 and AES encryption

got mine now...

will test it this weekend.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how to check if its the new revision?

Open the webpage & check on top right. It shows firmware version.

Go to ASUS site & download the latest one, Flash it. Takes around 5 mints..

Using

ASUS RT-N13U Rev.B1 firmware 2.0.1.1

ASUS RT-N13U Rev.B1 utilities 4.0.9.1

There is beta available but didnt try.

Can anyone confirm whats HDD & format (NTFS/FAT32) you are using with B1 ?

So.. updated my router. will test it out with a data card this weekend.

And abt the USB things.

I connected a single drive and all. its successfully mounted and show up on network. but when i connect a USB hub with stuff the drives do come up on the usb application setup page. but cannot access from network. neither can see the drive contents after clicking them each.

Whats max capacity of HDD used & its format.

Few problems...

Cant select files you want to download in Download master (Like Utorrent)

Cant see number of peers & their IPs like in UTorrnent

Any help ?

HDD used via hub are like couple of TB's.

On single.. 1 TB NTFS. and no they wont support over 4GB in downloads and no NTFS write of any size at all. its in the asus page

Back