Asus NT13U b1 issues

^^

I used 1 TB NTFS. do u want more?.

its just router cannot "write" to NTFS. and router cannot download to NTFS.

hmmm.. but that makes me think another thing. since u use download already. why not backup and format that disk to ext3. and download a file say larger than 4GB.

and honeslty dont think this is much of an issue save for those single file mkv and ISO files. all the rest at small rar files anyways.

By 'works' he means, it can read files from NTFS formatted disks, but you cannot save anything on it. Basically, you cannot set it to download anything if you have connected a NTFS drive.

eh got it..

Using N13 for downloading so I guess its 4GB FAT32 at max.

NO use connecting 1 TB HDD for reading. May be useful if you like to stream media wireless.

How is ext3 useful & how to do it ?

ext3 supports files more than 4 gb ofcourse. so using download master, if it supports, u can download file size more than 4 gb. if.

Thank you, will try it.

Is there any other good download option for N13U ?

Download master works fine but not that good like UTorrent option. You cant see number of seeders, sometimes cant even see speed of download..

@Aces170: Got the same router for a friend and at first the even i found the range to be quite pathetic, but then fiddled with a couple of settings to get amazing range from this router.

Set it to n only mode, 20+40 Mhz, and channels to 8 and 12.

with these settings am getting 4-5/5 signal strength 40-50 feet away transfer speed 5-6MBps at this distance

and ~8-10 Mbps few feet from the router

Also I downlod torrents and stuff straight to a 160HDD formatted in NTFS and also use it as a nas drive can read and write to it perfectly fine from a comp connected to the router

^^How are you able to download stuff straight to a NTFS drive? NTFS write is not supported by this model :S

@boom..

yes.. please tell how did u use a ntfs.. :S

and also... if ONLY N mode is given, can the router connect to machines with G only?

Anyways doesnt matter.. I just only use wired for all. wireless is for temp machines..

Pat said:
He probably has a earlier version (non B1) of the RT-N13U which supports open-wrt!
DD-WRT

I have the A1 revision and just figured out the stoopid issue that had been dogging my torrent download speeds. I had blindly followed the instructions on the dd-wrt wiki for getting transmission setup. The default config file they have on the wiki restricts torrents to 35 peers + 100KBps downlinks :|

Got it fixed, and it's working brilliantly for me now :)

I also moved ALL my media onto the external and can now stream everything super smoothly!

Back