Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Ok serious question. How n00b friendly is DD-WRT?

Well, it goes like this:

You are a n00b and you have zero knowledge of DD-WRT. You follow guide and install DD-WRT on your router. In the process you evolve and learn stuff. So go ahead.

The guide is pretty n00b friendly. Just follow it to the letter.

Well, it goes like this:

You are a n00b and you have zero knowledge of DD-WRT. You follow guide and install DD-WRT on your router. In the process you evolve and learn stuff. So go ahead.

The guide is pretty n00b friendly. Just follow it to the letter.
Which is the stable version and download link please.........................

Guys, I think there is some issue with my mount. I can't see the second mount when I type in 'DF -h'

I can see 'none' written besides Dev:(

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                    5.8M      5.8M        0 100% /
/dev/root                5.8M      5.8M        0 100% /
none                    512.0K        0    512.0K  0% /dev
/dev/sda1                1.4G    113.1M      1.3G  8% /opt

Guys, I think there is some issue with my mount. I can't see the second mount when I type in 'DF -h'

I can see 'none' written besides Dev:(

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                    5.8M      5.8M        0 100% /
/dev/root                5.8M      5.8M        0 100% /
none                    512.0K        0    512.0K  0% /dev
/dev/sda1                1.4G    113.1M      1.3G  8% /opt
Post your
1) startup config
2) Image of Disk parttion from Gparted in ubuntu (or linux os)

@RajeshJ : Below is my startup script

Code:
mkdir /tmp/etc/config #Create a dir /tmp/etc/config

echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Get the tar file which has fs drivers and store in /tmp/root

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Build a shell script by appending to output using >> , command to extract the tar file.

echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add ext3 to run it

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/sda1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 1st partition

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/sda2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 2nd partition

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Clean up the traces

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup # Provide Exec permissions and run the above commands

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd # Add nobody for samba share

sleep 60 # Wait for 1 minute

echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart # To avoid HDD spindown

Also, partition information:
Partition 1: Size 1.4GB and Type : ext3
Partition 2: Size 28GB and Type : ext3[DOUBLEPOST=1366039738][/DOUBLEPOST]Now, the issue is, everything is getting downloaded to partition 1 meaning that partition 2 is kind of unused
Also, I am not able to use FTP or filezilla

@RajeshJ : Below is my startup script

Code:
mkdir /tmp/etc/config #Create a dir /tmp/etc/config

echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Get the tar file which has fs drivers and store in /tmp/root

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Build a shell script by appending to output using >> , command to extract the tar file.

echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add ext3 to run it

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/sda1 /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 1st partition

echo "mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/sda2 /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Add mount to 2nd partition

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup #Clean up the traces

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup # Provide Exec permissions and run the above commands

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd # Add nobody for samba share

sleep 60 # Wait for 1 minute

echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart # To avoid HDD spindown

Also, partition information:
Partition 1: Size 1.4GB and Type : ext3
Partition 2: Size 28GB and Type : ext3[DOUBLEPOST=1366039738][/DOUBLEPOST]Now, the issue is, everything is getting downloaded to partition 1 meaning that partition 2 is kind of unused
Also, I am not able to use FTP or filezilla

Mount command in your startup is not getting executed due to some error

Code:
Type below command in putty or Administrationm>command >
Code:
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt

Now goto Administrationm>command > Type mount

Post the result

if second partition still not getting mounted , post Screen shot of the GParted

IF second partition is mounted you just needed to edit transmission-daemon config now

Second partition is getting mounted. Thanks.

But now the issue is all downloads are happening in the first partition. What changes do I need to make?
I am in office now; will give the details once i reach home

IF second partition is mounted you just needed to edit transmission-daemon config now

Thanks Dinjo. This worked:)
I now need to figure out to make all these corrections in the startup script as well...for automounting 2nd partition.
Just change the transmission path its under preference or just change settings.json but after stopping transmission

Also, somehow my FTP and filezilla is not connecting....Any idea what could be the issue?

@RajeshJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dinjo. This worked:)
I now need to figure out to make all these corrections in the startup script as well...for automounting 2nd partition.

Also, somehow my FTP and filezilla is not connecting....Any idea what could be the issue?

@RajeshJ

1) Did you enable ftp ? ( Router >Service>NAS>FTP]

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I have RT N13U B1 I have Flashed it With DD-WRT However i am unable to set it up for downloading torrent directcly on my thumb drive i am not that tech savvy if u can please help me do that it would be great its lying with me from more than a year without serving my purpose as u have mentioned that u have helped many with teamviewer if u can do that for me it would be great awaiting ur reply u can also message me on fb thank you

Is there anyone using N13 with DDWRT on Airtel ?

Its not able to connect any trackers (Open/private).everything is timed out. Web surfing & http download works fine.

Has Airtel blocked tracker URLs recently ?

Back