Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Is there anyone using N13 with DDWRT on Airtel ?

Its not able to connect any trackers (Open/private).everything is timed out. Web surfing & http download works fine.

Has Airtel blocked tracker URLs recently ?
Wow you are able to download https with that freaking asus firmware :p
Get ddwrt
Asus one is extremly buggy and sometimes work and sometimes not...with no resume capability

Ok, so I've been running my router to download everything :p almost 24x7 but lately i'm having this issue of
Error: Unable to save resume file: Read-only file system
I tried to reformat my external disk again, but after few days (2-3 days I get this same error again and again.)
Any way to solve this, tried searching everywhere but could not find a solution !!
I've tried using another hdd, but could not get over this issue.
Need some help.

here's a putty login and mount status for the drive,

root@NAS Trojanised:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /opt type ext2 (ro,relatime)
root@NAS Trojanised:~# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 5760 5760 0 100% /
/dev/root 5760 5760 0 100% /
none 512 0 512 0% /dev
/dev/sda1 369386932 12228905 332738827 4% /opt

Run a e2fsck check on hard drive.
I need to run that drive check via linux os ? right... will do it by evening.

But as far as i know the hdd is not having issue, as i've checked on around 2 hdd, and one usb drive. It might be an issue related to read/write permission for external storage, the storage will run fine for 2-5 days and then give this error.

What was the output of dmesg when error occured ?
i got this Error: Unable to save resume file: Read-only file system on, on the transmission interface.
Checked the mount status via putty seems to be read only (ro) instead of read/write (rw) as mentioned above.
This /dev/sda1 on /opt type ext2 (ro,relatime)
If i format the hdd again and install transmission, it will surely work but for just another say 2-5 days
as for these check, let me know what all to check will give you the full detail by evening.

i got this Error: Unable to save resume file: Read-only file system on, on the transmission interface.
Checked the mount status via putty seems to be read only (ro) instead of read/write (rw) as mentioned above.
This /dev/sda1 on /opt type ext2 (ro,relatime)
If i format the hdd again and install transmission, it will surely work but for just another say 2-5 days
as for these check, let me know what all to check will give you the full detail by evening.
As usual

1) Post Startup Script
2) mount
3) dmesg log [type dmesg]
4) U attach the hard disk to LInux OS and check OS for errorrs[ Ubuntu > Gparted> Select Hard disk u used in DDWRT > right click partition > Check , do to all partitions ] and apply to start disk check

Is there any way to restrict access to the transmission page? Right now the page 192.168.1.1:9091 opens without any password, and any one can add/remove torrents.

As usual

1) Post Startup Script
2) mount
3) dmesg log [type dmesg]
4) U attach the hard disk to LInux OS and check OS for errorrs[ Ubuntu > Gparted> Select Hard disk u used in DDWRT > right click partition > Check , do to all partitions ] and apply to start disk check

I've sent my drive for RMA, has some end to end error and few bad sectors, lets hope it get's rma'd asap and this error doesn't come again.

@dinjo & other geeks.

I was thinking Airtel blocked my downloads/trackers but thats not the case.
I am in tricky situtation.. Utorrent from laptop works fine & downloads at full speed while all torrents on DD WRT doesnt work.
Error is - Could not connect to tracker.

I earlier had Google DNS for first DNS in DD WRT, I removed that too thinking that may be the problem but still get the same error.

Any idea whats wrong with DD WRT ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the client a approved by trackers ? Which tracker ?

I use same transmission which was installed long ago. None of the free trackers are connecting including UDP links.

It was all working fine 10 days back & all of a sudden stopped. USB Automount all working fine. Do I reinstall transmission ?

I am getting some strange load and memory usage readings. Yesterday I had about 5 torrents all uploading, then added Ubuntu 13.04 torrent and down went the transmission remote UI. After a couple of reboots and transmission daemon killalls the remote UI was back again, but the router was literally crawling. Normal router UI was slow, transmission UI was very slow, tried telnet even that was dead slow took me about a minute to type my password. Saw the status page and the load average numbers were close to 11, but the bar was showing close to 98%; free memory was around 400KB, and used memory was 99%.

Finally got the daemon down, then manually deleted all torrent files and resume files, unmounted-> unplugged-> connected to PC to check if stick is working -> took image backup --> reconnected.
Now I see today that transmission is working again but the usage stats are still kinda high, I only have 1 torrent running right now and am in download limiting mode in transmission.

DD-wrt-transmission load.jpg

UPDATE:
had disabled traff earlier, now disabled samba too.
The used memory and load came down momentarily after reboot, now it is back up to the 97% used mark.

Back