Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

^ ok what does that file do exactly? Possible to download it to some location in pc and give a path to it rather than relying on server?

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

It has modules for mounting drives if its not available you can never mount the drive.I never got speeds of 120Kbps even on my PC on Transmission its getting around 97Kbps

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Did you do a port forwarding ? On Router ?

^ Haven't done any port forwarding, have followed only the procedure you've written in first post.

dinjo said:
@arun
can you also test at night to test 2mbps also have you getting high pings since for last 6 days i'm getting high pings around 120ms and where did you got the 160Gb portable drive i have been looking for it
Well my landline connection is back today and thankfully they've also changed the plan to 888. But now I'm getting 2 mbps for some reason. :p

Anyway I tested a torrent from Iptorrents and I got an average speed of ~180 kBps. Do not go by what's displayed in Transmission, it keeps fluctuating. This is measured by the good old method of data downloaded / time taken.

Can someone please tell me the price of this router in SP Road including tax ? I'm considering buying this as from what I hear, its the cheapest router with USB and DD-WRT support. And any idea how much power it consumes ? I need to make a solid case before my dad and tell him how long it will take to recover the money spent on 24/7 downloads compared to my current setup of a laptop...

@arun

You can get Transmission Remote GUI its a interface to Transmission far better there you can check your average speed.

^ Ok, now all that's left is a good way to download from direct links. The true potential of the router is unleashed now. Will be getting an HDD shortly and the router will then be a complete download machine + Seedbox. :D The wifi connectivity is an added plus.

MHG said:
Can someone please tell me the price of this router in SP Road including tax ? I'm considering buying this as from what I hear, its the cheapest router with USB and DD-WRT support. And any idea how much power it consumes ? I need to make a solid case before my dad and tell him how long it will take to recover the money spent on 24/7 downloads compared to my current setup of a laptop...
It's around 3k online, don't know about your area. Should consume less than 20W I guess. Truely VFM device.

^ Mediashare also installed on router ;-) and so is the soundcard.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Fkk yeah

Finally got Pyload working the speeds are awesome in pyload have to move to threaded to get pyload working

mISN2.jpg

Pyload is for http downloads , transmission for torrents

Pyload - Download all crazy lengthy youtube videos

Its a nice tool pyload but consumes lot of memory i'll probably create swap file to get it running smooth.

@ pylo can we run tomato on the n13?

also, how tough is setting up pylo on the n13? i need a new router and do http downloads primarily. how reliable is this for HD media downloads of 10GB plus a file. does it support multi threading?

babhishek said:
also, how tough is setting up pylo on the n13? i need a new router and do http downloads primarily. how reliable is this for HD media downloads of 10GB plus a file. does it support multi threading?
I'm using pyLoad on my Dockstar and its pretty good. It can handle big files pretty well, and supports multithreaded downloads too.

Only issue is that, sometimes if there is internet connectivity issue the downloads will fail and have to be manually restarted. But overall its a great app.

Hi,

I have bought RT-N13U B1 just 3 days back, mainly to use for torrent downloading and to access files in the hdd from all systems in my home. I used it with the ASUS 2.0.2.0 fw to setup. Everything worked fine, except I am not able to download torrents. It just sits in the Download Master with progress as 0 bytes/xxxxx bytes.

Hence, I started searching on the net for the solution and came across this forum. I was very happy to see so many ppl having that router and helping each other.

I have Airtel broadband connection and using it with Beetel 450BX1 ADSL 2 + Modem. It already is setup for wireless.

Can anyone help me with setting up RT-N13U B1 with Beetel 450BX1 for torrent downloading. If it is recommended, I will use dd-wrt for the same.

Should I just follow the tutorial mentioned in the first post. I am totally new to this Unix, so would be grateful if someone can assist.

Many Thanks...

Download master is very buggy,It doesnt read/contact trackers from some torrent files.
Remove it and add again (Hint : Dont use torrents from the tracker you have problem,use from some other source).
Its a hit and miss pretty much,you are much better off with dd-wrt.

Back