Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

@G0t0hellb4me

I see now since you said you have 1 GB partition for /opt and looking at settings file the download dir is at /opt/data/torrents , change it to /mnt/data/torrents and then run this command

Code:
mkdir -p /mnt/data/torrents

And then re-start transmission

BTW - I dont see full process path for transmission but i'm assuming it to be in what you have given i.e under /opt

@dinjo

That worked great :) Lot of thanks...

Now the last thing that is not working is that auto run part on re-boot.

Every time when i reboot, I have to run "/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon" to get transmission started.

Any idea on this?

dinjo said:
@G0t0hellb4me

I see now since you said you have 1 GB partition for /opt and looking at settings file the download dir is at /opt/data/torrents , change it to /mnt/data/torrents and then run this command

Code:
mkdir -p /mnt/data/torrents

And then re-start transmission

BTW - I dont see full process path for transmission but i'm assuming it to be in what you have given i.e under /opt

show me the output of following command

Code:
cat /opt/etc/init.d/S99trans

P.S - Dont quote reply post only the output

@dinjo

root@DD-WRT:~# cat /opt/etc/init.d/S99trans

sleep 120

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g

/opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

root@DD-WRT:~#

Why is there a line break in it ?

it should be

sleep 120

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

@dinjo. That worked great. Thanks a lot :)

Any idea if it is possible for me/my friend to access the hdd and files from an another PC running on another network/internet connection?

You can check Setup->DDNS thus allowing the network from external location and then go to Administration->Management and then enable CIFS to access data from usb from external location

Actually i dont know how skype works and I don't even have a headphone with a mic.

I can show via team viewer.

Ok so my 500GB goflex arrived yesterday and hooked it up to the router. Working very well, good speeds in Samba too, around 5 MBPS.

Have also installed Pyload but haven't played with it much. Seems there are plenty of plugins available wow, just tried the youtube plugin and works flawlessly.

@dinjo

How do you unmount the drive before powering off the router? Or do you just power it off as it is?

Don't think yougrabber works for all you tube links can you try downloading this one

YouTube - ‪IGNentertainment's Channel‬‏

For unmounting i have shutdown script and saved it as shutdown script for reboot and for shutdown i manually go to Admin->Commands then just run the script

Save it under /opt/etc/shutdown.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall transmission-daemon

umount -rl /mnt

umount -rl /opt

dinjo said:
Don't think yougrabber works for all you tube links can you try downloading this one

YouTube - ‪IGNentertainment's Channel‬‏

For unmounting i have shutdown script and saved it as shutdown script for reboot and for shutdown i manually go to Admin->Commands then just run the script

Save it under /opt/etc/shutdown.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
killall transmission-daemon
umount -rl /mnt
umount -rl /opt

The video isn't working in this case, but that maybe because it's the direct link to the IGN channel in youtube and not an individual video, don't you think? On the other hand, this direct link of the same video is working fine. YouTube - ‪Wii U Smash Bros Delay & Harry Pottermore? - IGN Daily Fix, 6.23.11‬‏ But after download, it's not playing in VLC, some error. :S

Also I'm having trouble getting Pyload to start after a reboot. It goes into configuration like we're running it for the first time, when I run PyLoadCore after a reboot. Same with transmission, certain times it works fine but other times I have to restart the transmission daemon to avoid the 'permission denied' error.

Seems best is to never power off the router and keep it running 24x7.

PS: There is no error log in var/logs

Dont keep pyload on startup its buggy atleast on dd wrt, transmission error might be because transmission was started before drives were mounted increase the sleep in S99trans to upper limit or best which i have done is add it in startup script just after the mounting completes

Like this

Code:
EXT3="YES";EXT3P="part1";EXT32="YES";EXT3P2="part2";mkdir /tmp/etc/config 

echo "wget [url]http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz[/url] -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

if [ "$EXT3" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi 

if [ "$EXT32" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi 

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P -o noatime,nodiratime /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P2 -o noatime,nodiratime /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup 

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd

#Waiting for journaling of filesystem to get completed 

sleep 60

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 25000 -j logaccept

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Remember to delete S99trans if you used the above method or 2 sessions of transmissions would be running.If you extended log you can install 'Optware the right way' its the best pack available includes extended logs and script which takes away the load from logging from CPU very efficient.

And i hope you have installed lighthttpd it puts very low load on CPU.

@Praks

The process is fairly simple if you follow/read the guide well let me know where you are stucked in the process.

^ Yes I've installed lighthttpd.

Now will change transmission startup like yours and delete the S99trans. Yes, Pyload is not loading at all during startup. Also I use direct downloads rarely so will only launch it when required, to reduce CPU usage. What's the proper way to launch it from commands?

arun687 said:
Ok so my 500GB goflex arrived yesterday and hooked it up to the router. Working very well, good speeds in Samba too, around 5 MBPS.
umm..is that 5 MBps or Mbps..assuming that its 5 MBps do u think its sufficient to quickly transfer large files? Also do u get that speed when writing to the HD or reading from it ?

Back