Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Can you create partitions again i dont see them created correctly.

Create Partition 1 of 1 GB(not more than that) and another which one you want.First partition has to be EXT3

dingo -- I'm having the same problem as the poster you're helping now, and have gotten this far by following your post -- thanks for your help. I followed your directions exactly, and have ended up with the situation in the screen shot below. I believe (I could be wrong) that in order to access my ntfs partition through windows explorer on my windows computer, I need to have it mount separately on /mnt. Could you let me know what I need to do to do that?

Thanks again for your help.

usbr.png

dinjo said:
Can you create partitions again i dont see them created correctly.

Create Partition 1 of 1 GB(not more than that) and another which one you want.First partition has to be EXT3
oh well ... i guess it might take a while .... i will get a new HDD for that since i really can;t format this one (a lot of imp data in this one) .... might take some time .... !!! thanks for helping me out .. i will try my best to be back with respective partations .. :)

EDIT :- ok now ... i have my 8GB SD card ready .. formatted with 1st EXT3 (1 GB) & second NTFS. so i installed everything according to the first page instructions.

now when i try to run transmission in web i get

403: Forbidden

Unauthorized IP Address.

Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.

If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.

If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

whats missing now ??

@mechexpert

Run the below command and get sorted

Code:
wget [url]http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json[/url] -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

Just to let know your settings.json was corrupted.

@jctl

Why are you using usb startup script, forget the screenshot its a older one, also provide output of

Code:
lsmod

I request people to avoid NTFS at all.

@dinjo

Which is best way to convert 4GB/8GB USB Thumb drive to ext3 from Win 7 64 bit ?

USB Thumb drive will be used to install DD WRT & download torrents.

One more Q - Which is the DHCP IP range you have kept for N13U ? ISP Model gives 192.168.1.1 by default from modem, If N13U DHCP is kept that range, It gives problems.

Have kept N13U IP series as 192.168.10.x, working fine now, But when needs to connect to N13, I need to assign laptop static IP of 192.168.10.x series :(

What to do ?

Why do want some specific IP ?

For converting on Windows use MiniTool Partition Wizard, format first then delete all partition and then create

dinjo said:
@mechexpert

Run the below command and get sorted

Code:
wget [url]http://www.3iii.dk/linux/optware/settings.json[/url] -O /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

Just to let know your settings.json was corrupted.
well ok i did everything again. But this time i followed your golden rule :-

now both my partations are of EXT3 :)

i can see in ubuntu while i created the partitions an option of EXT4. Does it work with this system. no problem just curious :)

ok well for now transmission is working. But is there anything like a precautions or anything while turning off the router ?? i mean suppose the sudden power cut & even while normal turning off ..... do we need to perform any UNMOUNTING or its not required ?

& one thing more ... i can't seem to get the SAMBA system working. i mean how can i access files/downloaded torrents in Windows & in UBUNTU ... :)

THANKS FOR THE HELP !

Services->NAS->Enable Samba; why can't you use FTP its way better.

EXT4 is not supported yet , but yeah SATA drives support came 2 days back.

For shutdown i have this script stored under /opt/etc/shutdown.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall transmission-daemon

sleep 3

umount -rl /mnt

umount -rl /opt

Assign all perms

Code:
chmod 777  /opt/etc/shutdown.sh

Save /opt/etc/shutdown.sh under Admin->Commands->Save Shutdown

dinjo said:
@jctl
Why are you using usb startup script, forget the screenshot its a older one, also provide output of

Code:
lsmod

@dinjo Thanks again for your help

Here's the output of lsmod:

root@DD-WRT:~# lsmod
Module Size Used by
nf_nat_pptp 4096 0
nf_conntrack_pptp 4096 1 nf_nat_pptp
nf_nat_proto_gre 4096 1 nf_nat_pptp
nf_conntrack_proto_gre 4096 1 nf_conntrack_pptp
ext3 106496 2
mbcache 8192 1 ext3
jbd 57344 1 ext3
etherip 8192 0
rt2860v2_ap 479232 1
usblp 8192 0
scsi_wait_scan 480 0

dinjo said:
Services->NAS->Enable Samba; why can't you use FTP its way better.

EXT4 is not supported yet , but yeah SATA drives support came 2 days back.

For shutdown i have this script stored under /opt/etc/shutdown.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall transmission-daemon

sleep 3

umount -rl /mnt

umount -rl /opt

Assign all perms

Code:
chmod 777  /opt/etc/shutdown.sh

Save /opt/etc/shutdown.sh under Admin->Commands->Save Shutdown

Done .. so from now on its just safe if i directly turn off the router ??

i am having hard time autostarting transmission on boot. i follow the exact procedure but still transmission do not start unless i manually start it.

second about ftp. how can i cut files from ftp firefox do not allow any such option & if i try samba firefox says can;t find an application associated with samba.

@jctl

Seems like partition is created but god knows which disk location it has picked , either you format the drive and re-create partition or just give me the command of below output.Just to let you know most people are having issues because they are not creating partition correctly.

Code:
cd /dev/discs/disc0/

ls -lrt

@mechexpert

You need to go to Admin->Commands and copy that script and run it from gui and then shutdown.

Check the file under /opt/etc/init.d/S99trans

If its there seems like your transmission process is getting started before drive is getting mounted for that add below lines to end of Startup Script from Admin->Commands

Code:
sleep 60

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 25000 -j logaccept

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /opt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

Use FileZilla nothing else FireFox is shit its proven fact.

P.S - I'm having reading some of the post because they are poorly documented going forward please try to be in most clear and concise format.

@dinjo

dinjo said:
@jctl

Seems like partition is created but god knows which disk location it has picked , either you format the drive and re-create partition or just give me the command of below output.Just to let you know most people are having issues because they are not creating partition correctly.

Code:
cd /dev/discs/disc0/

ls -lrt
here is the output of

cd /dev/discs/disc0/

ls -lrt

brw------- 1 root root 8, 2 Jan 1 1970 part2

brw------- 1 root root 8, 1 Jan 1 1970 part1

brw------- 1 root root 8, 0 Jan 1 1970 disc

I can repartition the drive again, but I did so following your instructions as closely as I could using gparted, so I don't know what I would do differently this time.

Thank you again for your help.

That seems ok , i need to see startup script again if still not able to mount then i have look at your PC as to what you are doing wrong.

Ok here is my question . I used alliance ISP . Which works on cyberoam client logins/HTTP logins . I have a cyberoam script for linux . Now my question is that am assigned a constant local IP and I host an FTP server on my PC for LAN sharing . I currently use Belkin G router and have put my PC on DMZ so my FTP server remains accesable . My question is that how will this router with DD_WRT be configured 2 run 2 parallel FTP server on the same local LAN IP and will me login script work for the linux kernal provided on this firmware ?

@dinjo

dinjo said:
That seems ok , i need to see startup script again if still not able to mount then i have look at your PC as to what you are doing wrong.

Here's the startup script I'm using:

EXT3="YES";EXT3P="part1";EXT32="YES";EXT3P2="part2";mkdir /tmp/etc/config

echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

if [ "$EXT3" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi

if [ "$EXT32" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P -o noatime,nodiratime /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P2 -o noatime,nodiratime /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd

You can run multiple FTP services but it will need to point to different mount location, and yes that script would work you just need to add the curl script for it.

Ok . Let me be a bit more clear .

My LAN IP is :10.10.58.55

Now if I start an FTP Server on the router as you guys are using and simultaneously I host a FTP server on my PC then if some one on LAN types in ftp://10.10.58.55/ then which one will open? [I consider that the PC is put on DMZ].

As i said earlier you can have multiple ftp services running but mounting different , so in your case it would open the Router FTP which would be running on bridge mode since DMZ mode is kinda broken in DD WRT

OK Can anyone tell me how can i add the FINISHED Downloaded torrents directory to DDWRT folder in my network. all i see is two folders on dlq & other one is www.

[attachment=8596:15069.attach]

THANKS.

Attachments

• 2011-07-17_183204.jpg
    2011-07-17_183204.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 217
Back