This should work

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/opt/share/www# ln -s /mnt/data data

root@DD-WRT:/opt/share/www# ls -lrt

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           11 Jan 30 12:21 index.html

drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Jun 28 15:46 lighttpd

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 19 22:15 data -> /mnt/data

P.S - If still not able to work it out I can do a Team Viewer to sort it out

it ways permission denied. i tried the SUDO command as in linux but it doesn't work. can you tell me how can i perform administrative functions or else how can i apply this above command you gave.

thanks.

?? root is the admin as in windows show me outout of

Code:
id

You are definitely not logged in as root.

dinjo said:
?? root is the admin as in windows show me outout of

Code:
id

You are definitely not logged in as root.

root@ASUS SuperSpeed-N:~# id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

root@ASUS SuperSpeed-N:~#
hehe .. i have no idea ...

I dont know what you did with your shell and prompt also seems changed as per info given by you should be able to do it.

Quick Question :- I have reviewed the DDWRT Site and tried searching for BW management options. From the looks of it, all the BW options available right now are based on QOS right? There are no other alternatives apart from QOS currently right?

Thanks!

Yes QOS only; but QOS does not behaves well with DD WRT if you have a plan with different speed at different times.

You might even want to check TCP Congestion Control under Administration

EDIT - ALL update Transmission to 2.32 its now supported by all trackers and it has better µTP support

^ ^ Yep, thats the issue im having right now. Im not sure why they dont just implement IPtables and better traffic shaping / management options? Is the router underpowered? And nope, I havent installed DDWRT yet, I will wait until its out of Beta and then look into it.

Thanks for the reply!

hmm ... well i just ordered a new 16GB pendrive .... i will do a fresh install & then hope this problem would not occure .. if it does .... he he .... then /.... will see later about it ... but thanks for helping till now !!!

OK .... a general question ...
i can't use my portable HDD with this system ... i need it while i travel .. so i ordered this new pen drive. but suppose i format drive as :-
500 MB 1st partation as EXT3
8GB as EXT3 2nd partation {WHERE TORRENTS WILL BE DOWNLOADED}

& FOR WINDOWS USE ... .REMAINING AS NTFS (if at all i need to carry data somewhere, ofcourse removing it from the router)

NOW ... CAN I SOMEHOW ACCESS THIS LAST NTFS PARTATION FROM WINDOWS(NETWORK?) OF BY ANY DNS SERVICE REMOTELY ???
IF YES HOW ...

THANKS !!

You have to create a softlink which i mentioned before , i would recommend not to use a pen drive considering wear and tear while torrenting and rather use a Portable drive

dinjo said:
You have to create a softlink which i mentioned before , i would recommend not to use a pen drive considering wear and tear while torrenting and rather use a Portable drive

oh ok ... will keep that in mind ... won't unplug it once everything is working.

But i seriously need the free DNS system working. The original asus system worked well for me. But since i cannot use that now PLS HELP ME SET UP A FREE DNS SYSTEM , I REALLY NEED IT. i mean accessing files remotely from internet. i tried my best to sign up for all those free dns sites but still non seems to work for me :(

PS:- I HAVE DYNAMIC IP ADDRESS from my ISP, so how can i use these DNS features.

THANKS !!

Back