Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

^ That wiki is not updated after it was released for B1. The steps are as stated in first post of this thread, while choosing image choose the one for B1.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Mechexpert
Caps won't help much!!

Dd-wrt currently does not have good support for ddns I didn't tried but it's something which you need to figure out yourself

deathgoddg said:
Will any router with DD_Wrt and USB support the torrent downloading and direct downloads ?

Not any router only the one supported by DD WRT, you can check there Router Database and yes if DD WRT then torrents as well Direct Downloads work

@Dinjo what do you mean by the one supported by DD-WRT or tomato or any 3rd party f/w ?? can you show me an example so that I can differentiate .

just pick any model and check on google if it is supported by DD / tomato/ Hyper

its as simple as that

wikipedia helps as well

BTW, picked up an ASUS RT-N16 :clap:

Praks said:
@mechexpert

How do you access 8 GB of EXT3 (one used to download torrents) from Windows ?

well i used filezilla (ftp software) to connect to the torrent download folder by entering my router ip address in the software's address pannel & then i could copy/paste/cut/delete files as per requirement!!

i restored the router to factory condition, fresh install everything STRICTLY according to the guide on 1st page. STILL NO USE. was getting same permission denied response while creating those shortcuts.

Then i installed OPTWARE THE RIGHT WAY & .. FINALLY !! i got it working. :clap:

total 2

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11 Jan 30 12:21 index.html

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Jul 26 11:18 lighttpd

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Jul 26 12:00 data -> /mnt/data

root@ASUS:/opt/share/www#

:cool2:

may be it was a package i was missing or whatever .. i figured it out. so if u experience that permission denied problem i suggest install optware the right way. it takes time & installs many files but well i don;t care about space i got plenty.

PLUS I CAN MONITOR TRANSMISSION FROM MY MOBILE, USING SERVICES COMAND. hence if like me , u are still looking to track transmission on a java based fone, this works :D

THANKS GOOD DAY !!

mechexpert said:
i restored the router to factory condition, fresh install everything STRICTLY according to the guide on 1st page. STILL NO USE. was getting same permission denied response while creating those shortcuts.

Then i installed OPTWARE THE RIGHT WAY & .. FINALLY !! i got it working. :clap:

:cool2:

may be it was a package i was missing or whatever .. i figured it out. so if u experience that permission denied problem i suggest install optware the right way. it takes time & installs many files but well i don;t care about space i got plenty.

PLUS I CAN MONITOR TRANSMISSION FROM MY MOBILE, USING SERVICES COMAND. hence if like me , u are still looking to track transmission on a java based fone, this works :D

THANKS GOOD DAY !!

Can you please detail the steps that you followed to get this issue resolved?

What is the right way?

as i said,

i tried everything in the guide as it is but no luck.

then by using the guide OPTWARE THE RIGHT WAY i was able to install the mega optware package.

then i tried these & they worked.

dinjo said:
This should work

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/opt/share/www# ln -s /mnt/data data

root@DD-WRT:/opt/share/www# ls -lrt

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           11 Jan 30 12:21 index.html

drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Jun 28 15:46 lighttpd

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Jul 19 22:15 data -> /mnt/data

P.S - If still not able to work it out I can do a Team Viewer to sort it out

Now i have a direct shortcut in network folder for downloaded torrents

Back