Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

trying again with a fresh install mate, trying with both partition as ext3 formatted, lets see if this time it works out or not :(

after this command

Installing Transmission

Code:

/opt/bin/ipkg-opt -verbose_wget install transmission

Started and stopped Transmission to get the basic work folders

Code:

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

killall transmission-daemon

the putty console will show something like this as supposed on the front page guide

Code:

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json #file

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/stats.json #file

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/blocklists

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/resume

/mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon/torrents

But my console doesnt show anything, i chcked the structure via ftp, and can only see this

/mnt/data/torrents/.

No folder after that :(

All the above with the below startup script;

EXT3="YES";EXT3P="part1";EXT32="YES";EXT3P2="part2";mkdir /tmp/etc/config

echo "wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/fs.gz -P /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "tar -xvzf /tmp/root/fs.gz -C /tmp/root" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

if [ "$EXT3" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi

if [ "$EXT32" == "YES" ]; then echo "sh /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup; fi

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P -o noatime,nodiratime /opt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "mount /dev/discs/disc0/$EXT3P2 -o noatime,nodiratime /mnt" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "rm /tmp/root/*.ko /tmp/root/fs.gz /tmp/root/ext3" >> /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

chmod +x /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd

Create the below directories

cd /mnt

mkdir -p /mnt/data/torrents # -p to make

This command specifies from where should it pick the torrent data location, open settings.json and you will know how its working

/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon

vi or nano editor

EDIT - If you can't sort it I can run a team viewer at 9 PM but be ready at sharp 9.PM me the IP and password

hi Dinjo

thanks for the edited guide

i was creating the partitions correctly but i missed "save startup" and always was hitting "run commands".... and now i have mounted the drive and am using transmission.

however is there a good download manager (for FTP, HTTP) which has a schedulere and web GUI to be installed (on ddwrt linux) ?

please teach us how to install it.

I'm awaiting the IP and Password.....

EDIT-If i don't receive the IP and password within next 10 mins, I would be moving to something else

thanks to dinjo i am now using my drive for downloads.

but does wget have any GUi ? so that i can easily manage DLs via web browser ?

Bought the router :D installed DD-WRT but the only problem am facing is that the when I set DMZ and try to access the FTP[on PC] via the WAN IP then it doesnt work . On UPnP log I see the details of the application configuring itself to the set port .

hey ... a quick question,

as i said previously, i have set startup script to get the setting.json on every reboot.

but it changes the settings to default always. so the question :-

HOW CAN I GET SETTING.JSON FROM MY /OPT PARTATION TO GET COPIED TO THE SETTINGS PATH ON REBOOT SO MY SETTINGS WOULD REMAIN THE SAME ?

is it possible via copy command .. if it exist that is ?

hi dinjo,. i tried the guide very carefully and successfully installed dd-wrt and transmission again, can you tell me whats the configuration u saved in shutdown.sh ? Also how to mount the torrent folder inside the www network drive ? I have to map /mnt/data/ via Samba and its giving pathetic speeds :s

Just an update . I did an update of dd-wrt to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (061411) std and did a factory reset and then manually did setup my connection and now DMZ works great :)[disabled UPnP] . Next step is to get the downloading to work :) .

deathgoddg said:
Just an update . I did an update of dd-wrt to DD-WRT v24-sp2 (061411) std and did a factory reset and then manually did setup my connection and now DMZ works great :)[disabled UPnP] . Next step is to get the downloading to work :) .

where did you get the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (061411) std for Asus N13U rev B ?

the version on site is for " 2011-05-12 "

other question :

i want to give a list to wget but

wget -i /mnt/list.txt

gives error:

wget: invalid option -- i

what is wrong with it ?

i used the dinjo guide and updated and upgraded ipkg and installed wget with it.

please help

Back