Asus Transformer Prime launches at 49999

Lol! Good luck with that, Asus!

The previous Asus Transformer was too a bit over priced but this one is exorbitantly over priced.

I am sure it won't find many takers at that price, it will be corrected if the company wants to sell them in higher volumes.

Seriously I fail to understand why are all these high-end devices priced so high? They may be able to find some customers from the elite segment but don't they realise that the right pricing could make a huge difference to the sales?
<

This is not only the case with Asus but other companies as well including Apple. Not limited to cellphones or tablets but even consumer electronics. Pretty sure import duties and taxes cannot be blamed for this.

we have created a new formula.

The lower the demand= higher the price.

Same with the 4s and the vita and it's pissing me off.

it be selling at < 25k in 6 months time. This must be one of those 50% off marketing gimmicks. Like BB playbook and HP's pad.

Wow..asus
<

This is even costlier than 64gb ipad2(3G) ...wtf?

This product will be dumped like iphone 4S and playbook if the prices won't down in near future or asus will learn a lesson from Rim like with the playbook.

Yeah, there would be a "attractive price cut" in a few months time.

Wonder what those poor souls felt when BB gave away thier "premium business" tablets @ 50% off!

Patience, pays....and I am waiting for 6 months!

I am sure these tablets cost (to make) less than half of what they are being sold at. This is atrocious pricing. Better to get a good config laptop at this price (in fact half of this price). At least it will be a productive investment rather than the bling bling tablet.

Guys forget the pricing.New transformers are launched with HD screen,Fixed wireless issues etc..making this product obsolete.

Lola if that's the case then even the ASUS fanboys should not buy it !

That too at even a discounted price it still would be a no go deal !
<

Back