Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@6pack
ES explorer one of the best , uninstall all others . All weather and news apps use lots of battery . Change the update schedule to 4/8 hours . You can always manually update if you want the latest ICS is lot better than GB with only gripe of huge battery usage in 3G mode

- - - Updated - - -
@crackuc Its with my wife and kid , so calling and lots of gaming give me around 1 day . Uninstall all AT&T apps . Change the update schedule of weather , news , email apps . What all widgets you are using ? Are there any which are continuously updating data from internet or from system apps . You are in 2G or 3G ? Battery life not so bad considering the features and price ratio . Now where you will get AMOLED with dual core processor in 7/8k . Developer support will be zero as in US why would you take Pantech with your 2 year contract when you can have S3 or i5 . Now development has to be from somewhere else
Looking forward to your AOKP ROM

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Crackuc Can you tell me how to downgrade cwm ?? Also, Can I uninstall all widgits like Event Notifications, Dual Clock, Integrated clock, without hampering ICS stock ROM ??

@6pack
ES explorer one of the best , uninstall all others . All weather and news apps use lots of battery . Change the update schedule to 4/8 hours . You can always manually update if you want the latest ICS is lot better than GB with only gripe of huge battery usage in 3G mode

- - - Updated - - -
@crackuc Its with my wife and kid , so calling and lots of gaming give me around 1 day . Uninstall all AT&T apps . Change the update schedule of weather , news , email apps . What all widgets you are using ? Are there any which are continuously updating data from internet or from system apps . You are in 2G or 3G ? Battery life not so bad considering the features and price ratio . Now where you will get AMOLED with dual core processor in 7/8k . Developer support will be zero as in US why would you take Pantech with your 2 year contract when you can have S3 or i5 . Now development has to be from somewhere else
Looking forward to your AOKP ROM
If we see the price than there shouldn't be any complaints .
widgets are - power control ,clock and email . I'm on 2G but whenever I use internet mostly I switch to 3G . I use 1 hour data daily. BTW touch isn't that senstive also its same like MMX and karbonn ones but display quality is much better than those . And its you who got at 7/8K I bought it at 10,042 . Still worth the bucks . I had a budget of 13K i had a choice of xperia Sola also Still happy with what i got . Yes bro :) I daily devote atleast 1/2 hour in studying android roms and how to make those . I got idea how to make ones . I guarantee it will be much better than davemper's ICS And stock . But i just need to more 1-2 weeks to study well . Than 1-2 weeks to make :D .
@ Crackuc Can you tell me how to downgrade cwm ?? Also, Can I uninstall all widgits like Event Notifications, Dual Clock, Integrated clock, without hampering ICS stock ROM ??
Downgrading part I don't know . Better part flash the stock rom and than root + install cwm 5 . And widget ? simply hold and drag to trash .

- - - Updated - - -

If we see the price than there shouldn't be any complaints .
widgets are - power control ,clock and email . I'm on 2G but whenever I use internet mostly I switch to 3G . I use 1 hour data daily. BTW touch isn't that senstive also its same like MMX and karbonn ones but display quality is much better than those . And its you who got at 7/8K I bought it at 10,042 . Still worth the bucks . I had a budget of 13K i had a choice of xperia Sola also Still happy with what i got . Yes bro :) I daily devote atleast 1/2 hour in studying android roms and how to make those . I got idea how to make ones . I guarantee it will be much better than davemper's ICS And stock . But i just need to more 1-2 weeks to study well . Than 1-2 weeks to make :D .
Downgrading part I don't know . Better part flash the stock rom and than root + install cwm 5 . And widget ? simply hold and drag to trash .

@ crackuc I am on ICS so can i install ICS again or should i first downgrade to GB Stock ROM also regarding widgets I want to uninstall from titanium :)
Are u from delhi??

- - - Updated - - -

@ crackuc I am on ICS so can i install ICS again or should i first downgrade to GB Stock ROM also regarding widgets I want to uninstall from titanium :)
Are u from delhi??
You can flash ICS on ICS . Why you want to uninstall they won't be giving any space in which you can install single app too . Yes i'm from delhi so-called ( NCR ) .

You can flash ICS on ICS . Why you want to uninstall they won't be giving any space in which you can install single app too . Yes i'm from delhi so-called ( NCR ) .

Wow!! Thanks dude for the insight :)
I I'll try to flash it to stock ICS :thumbup:

@crackuc,
Thanks a lot a Sir,
I am not used this mobile with GB, I got with ICS, After little reseach I am able to Switch 2G to 3G, and back.
Now, after rooting and removing the AT&T App, Battery Life is increased a lot with "Always ON 2G Data Connection for Email alert" I am getting One Day Battery Life, with 30 to 50 calls of less than 1 min.
But, With 3G[i.e., 4G display] if i browse, Battery Drains a Lot, so far not test, May be Battery may last for 1 hour. Anything can bone ?

not an hour but for me it used to last maximum 4 hours in Gb and when i play a game while downloading something in 3g then even if connected to charger the battery used to drain instead of charging. Now i am on ics and let me tell you that i have switched from gb to ics then downgraded to gb and then again upgraded to ics, Now after having lot of expieriences with both of these Os's and a few very bad things about ics are as follows:-

1.when the phone is restarted then if the battery was 87% then after restart it becomes around 81%.
2.In GB linpack scored mflops-52(single threaded),81(multi threaded) now in ics it is 42mflops(single threaded) 72-73mflops (multi threaded)
3.Enabling Portable wifi hot spot takes lot of effort if you try to enable it while ur data connection is active then out of 10 times 8 times it will say there was some error in network.
3.NFS Most Wanted ( a very heavy gpu intensive game) used to work absolutely fine in gb but now in ics it lags whenever there is more than two police cars or any road block.
4.phone needs to be restarted to switch between 2g/3g
5.In gb usually the amount of ram used was around 100-130mb but now in ics it is 250-320mb
6.Taking pics with stock cam app is disaster cuz in Gb before clicking any pics there was very good amount of light present in the cam preview so you could see at least what u are clicking but now in ics the stock cam app pic preview is simply horrible, its v v dull in indoors so i am using cam zoom FX.

Good things about ics:-
1.Looks
2.if the phone has fully discharged then within 15 mins it gets switched on but in gb it used to take an hour to start if you try to switch it on, then it will simply say 'plz chrg ur phone to start'.
3.quadrant score has increased by 100.
4.Nenamark 2 fps in GB was not more than 53 but in ics it is 55-56fps. @Arjun @kuduku @gcbeldar @crackuc @Tech33 What u ppl think?

not an hour but for me it used to last maximum 4 hours in Gb and when i play a game while downloading something in 3g then even if connected to charger the battery used to drain instead of charging. Now i am on ics and let me tell you that i have switched from gb to ics then downgraded to gb and then again upgraded to ics, Now after having lot of expieriences with both of these Os's and a few very bad things about ics are as follows:-

1.when the phone is restarted then if the battery was 87% then after restart it becomes around 81%.
2.In GB linpack scored mflops-52(single threaded),81(multi threaded) now in ics it is 42mflops(single threaded) 72-73mflops (multi threaded)
3.Enabling Portable wifi hot spot takes lot of effort if you try to enable it while ur data connection is active then out of 10 times 8 times it will say there was some error in network.
3.NFS Most Wanted ( a very heavy gpu intensive game) used to work absolutely fine in gb but now in ics it lags whenever there is more than two police cars or any road block.
4.phone needs to be restarted to switch between 2g/3g
5.In gb usually the amount of ram used was around 100-130mb but now in ics it is 250-320mb
6.Taking pics with stock cam app is disaster cuz in Gb before clicking any pics there was very good amount of light present in the cam preview so you could see at least what u are clicking but now in ics the stock cam app pic preview is simply horrible, its v v dull in indoors so i am using cam zoom FX.

Good things about ics:-
1.Looks
2.if the phone has fully discharged then within 15 mins it gets switched on but in gb it used to take an hour to start if you try to switch it on, then it will simply say 'plz chrg ur phone to start'.
3.quadrant score has increased by 100.
4.Nenamark 2 fps in GB was not more than 53 but in ics it is 55-56fps. @Arjun @kuduku @gcbeldar @crackuc @Tech33 What u ppl think?
Please try to make a clean install in every downgrade / upgrade ! And battery bug is there and that will be solved when some AOSP rom will be there ( that i don't think will be ever there ) . Nothing needs to be restarted in 2g/3g toggle . Ram one is kinda obvious new version better visuals better requirements . Taking pics from ICs stock cam is better than GB one . See in GB one or in camera zoom fx you get the correct light but camera is slow . In ICS they did some tweaking and made th camera run on full fps and after clicking the picture gets corrected so no issues for me . its a better thing they did actually . quadrant and nenamark scores are kinda unpractical if device is satifying your needs than one shouldn't take a look at it . Its all done to satisfy people see Samsung . Thy provide hardware like hell even that whats not needed even . But fool publics see the no.s . Nokia N8 got 600mhz processor still it runs very smooth . Just don' see the no. . And one more thing better hardware needs better battery also and bigger the battery=bigger the life(actually not always) = Bigger time to charge also so :/

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is Pantech burst needs a AOSP Rom and everything will be super fine . I'm ready to learn and put max of my effort but i want someone with me also . I don't want to be an one man army . AOKP Rom I'll present this month or in 1st week of january most probably . But for AOSP project i need support and first of time to learn also . CM9 can ported w/o much hassle as only lib files are needed but same thing in finding all lib files G mar jaati hai -_-

and for that you need unlimited net to dowmload lot of roms and currently now you have prblm in 14mb download you need My help seriously. Call Karo bhai or chat via Skype. @crackuc

and for that you need unlimited net to dowmload lot of roms and currently now you have prblm in 14mb download you need My help seriously. Call Karo bhai or chat via Skype. @crackuc
I have a broadband with unlimited internet of 6mbps connection upto 8gb :3 after that 512kbps . It was just yesterday i didn't switched PC on at night . And yes I talked with my friend for the sim card . Calling you in a while wait .

u r really an expert in the field of Android and nice to talk you:D
b**ch_plz look at some pages a bit back and you'll realize how far i am :3 Its just how much you study :) Previously i used to fear and thats so i used to confirm same thing 4 times now i understood things and you didn't yet so you feel so :D

Why you told me b**ch?
who called you b**ch ? o_O Probably you are not aware of troll meme . This character expression is called b**ch please

http://troll.me/images/yao-ming/b**ch-please.jpg

BTW battery life is very good . When i talked with you it was 30% and now its 0% . Just exactly now . Used 20minutes 2G data and 15 minutes of asphalt 7 and 20 minutes of calling .

Start by removing stock AT&T apps. Then proceed to change the launcher and remove the default one OR freeze it using Root Freeze App

- - - Updated - - -

Pushed the 4.2 camera and lib files/app file to the system manually, now have 2 camera's in the drawer.

Photospere still not working, says model not supported

when opening the gallery and edit, using photo editor it does not FC.

However, the preview screen still seems dark with the JB camera too :(

EDIT : 3D gallery is now FCing on me when i press EDIT button. Damn, knew it was too good to be true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back