Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those Who don't listen to music much try estabin's ICS . ITs the best , using that from 2 days . It got xloud that making fuss in audio at full volume :/ Rest no battery drain at startup and all :D

Current Rom progress ...........

Using davempers ICS as base

-Removed cwm 6.x and added cwm 5.x
-Debloated A bit more .
-added 4.2 keyboard
-using customized framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk
-4.2 boot screen
-Sony bravia engine
-DSP manager added
-CPU sleeper
-Some new widgets and delted old ones
-adreline engine
-Various buil.prop tweaks

Trying to edit defaultthemes.apk too :D . Progress on going :D There are some bugs aswell like phone stucks at bootanimation and all . But i'll try to solve all . Hope everything goes fine :D Also CM10 progress is also going on in XDA :D

Current Rom progress ...........

Using davempers ICS as base

-Removed cwm 6.x and added cwm 5.x
-Debloated A bit more .
-added 4.2 keyboard
-using customized framework-res.apk and systemUI.apk
-4.2 boot screen
-Sony bravia engine
-DSP manager added
-CPU sleeper
-Some new widgets and delted old ones
-adreline engine
-Various buil.prop tweaks

Trying to edit defaultthemes.apk too :D . Progress on going :D There are some bugs aswell like phone stucks at bootanimation and all . But i'll try to solve all . Hope everything goes fine :D Also CM10 progress is also going on in XDA :D

Wow!!! Thanks for ur sincere effort man :beer:

Guys, due to some issues , when this deal came online earlier i was unable to get it.
Now a friend is flying in, so i thought i will ask him to pick me one of these.

My usage is high on texting and calls and chatting through fb and gtalk, So mostly on a 2g network.

What all should i note before getting this phone ? as it doesnt have any kind of warranty, i am not so keen on tinkering with it yet.

Can i keep it on the stock rom and use it ? What are the known issues of the stock rom ?
My homescreen is generally Loaded with widgets, does the phone get slow ? or run out of memory easily?

Anyone here at pune who owns this? Just wanted to check it out , if possible :)

Guys, due to some issues , when this deal came online earlier i was unable to get it.
Now a friend is flying in, so i thought i will ask him to pick me one of these.

My usage is high on texting and calls and chatting through fb and gtalk, So mostly on a 2g network.

What all should i note before getting this phone ? as it doesnt have any kind of warranty, i am not so keen on tinkering with it yet.

Can i keep it on the stock rom and use it ? What are the known issues of the stock rom ?
My homescreen is generally Loaded with widgets, does the phone get slow ? or run out of memory easily?

Anyone here at pune who owns this? Just wanted to check it out , if possible :)

This phone is battery hogger in 3G mode. In 2G it will work fine. Also stock ICS or GB is good and stable. I am using stock ICS without AT&T boltware for past 1.5 months and i can say no issue :). Stock message app is not good u can use Go SMS and Co contacts as replacements. And 1GB RAM and 16GB inbuilt can take care of anything without lag :D
Even if u get it for 8.5k its with still VFM and in case u dont like it u can sell easily in TE forum :D:D

This phone is battery hogger in 3G mode. In 2G it will work fine. Also stock ICS or GB is good and stable. I am using stock ICS without AT&T boltware for past 1.5 months and i can say no issue :). Stock message app is not good u can use Go SMS and Co contacts as replacements. And 1GB RAM and 16GB inbuilt can take care of anything without lag :D
Even if u get it for 8.5k its with still VFM and in case u dont like it u can sell easily in TE forum :D:D
8.5K :O where ? I bought at 10 -_- :3 if i waited 1 day more i have got it for 9.2K but :/ but 8.5K is low

@Arjun the contents of the locked and the unlocked black phone are different, something is fishy.. I'm buying the black one from eBay after 7% off... Just to be sure..

Last edited by a moderator:
^ too late for me i already ordered from ishop using the unlocked black phonestoreusa link , it has already been purchased by ishop

- - - Updated - - -

Arjun the contents of the locked and the unlocked black phone are different, something is fishy.. I'm buying the black one from eBay after 7% off... Just to be sure..

What exactly is different?, i am contacting phonestoreusa to clarify the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Description is same for all versions

This is for black unlocked -

[h=2]What is Included?[/h] [h=4]NEW PANTECH P9070 BURST AT&T UNLOCKED 4G ANDROID TOUCHSCREEN DAUL CAM PHONE BLACK

BATTERY

WALL CHARGER

USER GUIDE

30 DAY WARRANTY[/h] [h=2]What is Not Included?[/h] [h=4]* Sim Card
* Memory Card
* Original Full Manual[/h]

^ too late for me i already ordered from ishop using the unlocked black phonestoreusa link , it has already been purchased by ishop

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly is different?, i am contacting phonestoreusa to clarify the issue

- - - Updated - - -

Description is same for all versions

This is for black unlocked -

this description is same as int phones...they are doing some gadbad ghotala...

i had ordered a mint phone too,u get a wall charger,no usb cable,different charger..

^ Thanks, , not possible to send pm to phonestore on ebay , have asked ishop for cancellation , they say its already shipped to their us warehouse , lets see hope it was just a listing mistake

^ Thanks, , not possible to send pm to phonestore on ebay , have asked ishop for cancellation , they say its already shipped , lets see hope it was just a listing mistake

Yeah PhonestoreUSA has never been contactable.. But to my surprise I received a message from them, 2 days ago... The message is read "we have lots of pantech bursts in stock, great discounts on bulk order etc etc..." and surprisingly I was able to reply to that message... And they replied again to my sent message, bottom line is i can msg them but only in reply to their pm..

^ i used a ebay.com id to send them a message , ebay.in id does not work because they only ship in US

both id's are the same...i talked to them on my ebay.in id,the guy gave me his phone number :p

I told "i know u have pantech phones , i have bought a lot "

Their reply...
"Please call us if you want more 954 571 1970

^ I tried using ebay.in id it does not work it says "seller can not be contacted " or something , ebay.com id works , hope they reply soon , also sunday tomorrow adding to issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back