Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problems does not mean that people thrash the thread. I request you guys to please discuss the prices in your thread in hot deals section :) Keep this thread for troubleshooting.

btw who said there are no problems?
I have a major problem. my phone is not recognized by pc suite or windows 8. the drivers get installed properly but don't get initialized. so it always shows as unidentified device. the sd card and internal memory load as disk drives. But i cannot take backup of sms etc. Even adb drivers fails to recognize the phone.

Weird, I am running W7x64 and have no issues with ADB.

As for SMS backup use the app from the market, there is one for Call logs too.

no problems does not mean that people thrash the thread. I request you guys to please discuss the prices in your thread in hot deals section :) Keep this thread for troubleshooting.

btw who said there are no problems?
I have a major problem. my phone is not recognized by pc suite or windows 8. the drivers get installed properly but don't get initialized. so it always shows as unidentified device. the sd card and internal memory load as disk drives. But i cannot take backup of sms etc. Even adb drivers fails to recognize the phone.
Thats a problem . I don't have win 8 installed so i could confirm this. As I'm on windows 7 x64 and for the very first days my phone didn't get recognized also . I followed this and that worked . Actually you need to do that 2-3 times if it doesn't get recognized at once . If some hand spinning doesn't work than you need to set-up a VM else multiboot with ubuntu(that will help in compiling also ) or win7 .

Pantech Burst Quick Guides - GizmoLord Forum (under Miscellaneous ' how to make ur burst recognizable ' )

^ nothing works. i've reinstalled the drivers more than 3-4 times now. it shows p9070 in device manager with an exclamation on it. the usb drivers wont work properly with windows 8. guess i'll have to setup a vm with win7 on it.

- - - Updated - - -

[Solved] Success!! Got the drivers to work on windows8 x64 successfully
Turns out that the pantech usb drivers were the ones creating the problem. If uninstalling the pantech usb drivers only wont solve the problem, do this method.
1. Uninstall Pantech PC Suite & Pantech USB driver v1.1 from programs, restart.
2. Connect phone to computer. It will install drivers automatically.
3. Disconnect Phone. Install PC Suite. It will also install those pantech usb drivers.
4. In programs files, uninstall the pantech usb drivers.
5. connect phone. drivers will get installed automatically. You should be able to see pantech 9070 in devices.
6. Run pc suite and it will find the device properly now. you can connect to the phone as usual.

tested under adb devices and it recognizes the device too. :D

okay is this problem only with me ( i don't think so ) or with everyone ? . Whenever we process an USSD code . it gives error , The ones in which we need to reply . Like if we dailed *567# than we have to select option 3 . we type 3 and click send. it gives an output as done -_-

^ nothing works. i've reinstalled the drivers more than 3-4 times now. it shows p9070 in device manager with an exclamation on it. the usb drivers wont work properly with windows 8. guess i'll have to setup a vm with win7 on it.

- - - Updated - - -

[Solved] Success!! Got the drivers to work on windows8 x64 successfully
Turns out that the pantech usb drivers were the ones creating the problem. If uninstalling the pantech usb drivers only wont solve the problem, do this method.
1. Uninstall Pantech PC Suite & Pantech USB driver v1.1 from programs, restart.
2. Connect phone to computer. It will install drivers automatically.
3. Disconnect Phone. Install PC Suite. It will also install those pantech usb drivers.
4. In programs files, uninstall the pantech usb drivers.
5. connect phone. drivers will get installed automatically. You should be able to see pantech 9070 in devices.
6. Run pc suite and it will find the device properly now. you can connect to the phone as usual.

tested under adb devices and it recognizes the device too. :D
@veer_singh, kindly post this on the first page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gona release my rom on new year . Any suggestions ? Change log yet is . Suggest thing u want i'll add them if they'll be under my talent :D

- Added cwm 5.x
-Custom boot animations enabled
-Added new 4.2 gmail and keyboard
-modified framework-res.apk and system UI.apk
-debloated
-bravia engine
-added terminal emulator
-jelly bean transactions
-icon changed of - calculator.apk , skycamera.apk , music player .
-new default wallpaper and whole new wallper selections .
-acid audio engine
-themed progress bar of pantech home ( launcher . )

battery isuue is resolved in davemper's ICS also . BTW prateek i didn't used gabuzz til now . Anything you liked in it ?

i'm getting 2+ days of battery life on ICS using dave's rom. only thing i did was freeze most of google's bundled apps including chrome. Inbuilt default browser (which i think is better than chrome) is safari i guess. chrome does not support flash inspite of being around 80MB in size.

i dont know if this is the right place to post,so sorry about that.
i dropped a friend's burst onto concrete,and as of now,there are are no issues.BUT,if they do pop up,where to get the burst repaired?any service center in India or is it shipping all the way back to the USA?

no service center in india. you'll have to ship it back to a service center in usa or korea probably.

i dont know if this is the right place to post,so sorry about that.
i dropped a friend's burst onto concrete,and as of now,there are are no issues.BUT,if they do pop up,where to get the burst repaired?any service center in India or is it shipping all the way back to the USA?

If there are any issues, such as mic issue, you should be able to get it done in india. Otherwise, AFAIK, nothing should go kaput. Screen maybe, but then its better to throw away the phone.

On the other hand, would suggest to get a good cover for the burst. Its expensive, but an Incipio case ~ about 1K should do wonders if you ever drop it.

Does any of the custom roms have USB OTG support?

I did that... By replacing framework and system ui files...
but i don't think that will work :/ Something or other thing will stop working or will see error . You won't be getting perfection at anycost as different phone=different element=different systemui.apk and framework-res.apk . I completed my rom . today night will show links :D . I too want to makeover the whole notification panel but it will take time for me atleast 3 days more to change whole icons in notification drawer .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back