AT&T Pantech Burst Pantech Burst, 1.5Ghz Dual core, 1GB RAM, 16GB memory, 5 MP

i cut the docomo sim which seems a bit small, and the phone says no sim. i put the sim both ways thinking i put it facing wrong direction. i still get no sim message. how to unlock it when it says no sim?
i think docomo sim is not standard size. comparing it to vodafone sim its exactly like your pic.

^^

Please hold/reserve a red one for me.. let me check with a friend. He "might be interested".

9.2k is shipped?? Can u please make it 9k shipped?? :)

EDIT: Ignore. He wont be buying it above 8k. thanks.

^ If i could make it any lesser i would,but the price is a lot in The USA rite now !

Need confirmations by tomorrow/monday latest ~

Can you post a list of people who have bought the mobile from you? :) I dont see such a list on the OP

The GO was cancelled as the prices crashed down as soon as i was starting a GO,about 9 people have confirmed,7 from the other forum,2 of my friends and none on TE.

But now since the prices have gone up again,im restrting the GO....so let me know if interested !

^ thanks :)
i called vodafone for a microsim and they're telling me they wont give microsim with old number. they will provide one only with new number. to keep old number they said they will cut the old sim in their vodafone store and give it back and they require an id proof for that. what silly people. and they want money for that cutting job too. :S

i have an old docomo sim lying around somehwhere. i have a good blade and since the sim is just some plastic try my skills on it first. then i'll cut my vodafone sim.
thats what i did
infact i used plant cutter so that it can be cut in straight line

kartikoli

Were those both , standard size sims before cutting? I mean, the right one looks a lot bigger (in the center golden area) than the left one...It looks more like a full blown version a micro sim :p
yup left one is what i spoiled

i cut the docomo sim which seems a bit small, and the phone says no sim. i put the sim both ways thinking i put it facing wrong direction. i still get no sim message. how to unlock it when it says no sim?
i think docomo sim is not standard size. comparing it to vodafone sim its exactly like your pic.
when the sim is cut in a proper way then after inserting it will try to search for a network for which phone will ask for unlock code
now after unlocking it will try to register with its network but will fail as its a dead sim [unregistered sim]

check this pic the right one [the smallest] is cut in a wrong way where as 2 in middle are perfect

3iEpo.jpg

^ i know but people are still saying my budget is 7.5k...8k etc plz lower !

Let me know if anyone is interested last date monday....

Any member who has bought this phone from i2cworld via GEB on or after 1st oct 2012 received any update apart from "Item in Customs Clearance", its been 5 working days but no update yet even the paisapay id shows no info in bluedart (ref no.)

Any member who has bought this phone from i2cworld via GEB on or after 1st oct 2012 received any update apart from "Item in Customs Clearance", its been 5 working days but no update yet even the paisapay id shows no info in bluedart (ref no.)

my order placed on 2nd october with GEB....reached me today,....

My friend ordered on Oct 4th and he got it delivered today.

Try tracking on BlueDart site using the Paisapay ID as Ref No.

Tried that too but its shows nothing :(

- - - Updated - - -

What does the tracking details on iccworld say? had it changed from item under customs clearance?

it changed today...item under custom clearance and then awb no. beside it...till yesterday it was awaiting item from seller !

- - - Updated - - -

The price of a new RED PANTECH BURST UNLOCKED now is only Rupees. 8550 including shipping !

How much does the burst box weigh?

- - - Updated - - -

Will NY Tax be charged for this i order though PhonestoreUSA through ishopinternational?

- - - Updated - - -

Will NY Tax be charged for this i order though PhonestoreUSA through ishopinternational?

Just press " Request a quote" and fill in necessary details...they will do the rest for u,weighing and all !

Dunno about Ny tax, just use "Request A Quote" !

thats what i did
infact i used plant cutter so that it can be cut in straight line

yup left one is what i spoiled

when the sim is cut in a proper way then after inserting it will try to search for a network for which phone will ask for unlock code
now after unlocking it will try to register with its network but will fail as its a dead sim [unregistered sim]

check this pic the right one [the smallest] is cut in a wrong way where as 2 in middle are perfect
i cut like this. the docomo sim was too small.
cut02.jpg
cut01m.jpg

You can see from the images that the 4 contacts on the phone dont line up with the sim card. infact there is not much contact for one of the pin of the phone. i adjusted the sim exactly and the phone saw the sim and i could unlock it with the code. it did give error while trying to register. While shutting down, it did not see the sim and said no sim. The bigger sim is my vodafone sim and seems big enough to cover all pins on the phone. i think i'll get a sim cutter because - 1 my cutting work is shoddy, and 2 - when i get another phone with a normal sim slot if i cut by hand it would not fit in one of those micro sim adapters, whereas the one that would have been cut using a sim cutter would fit perfectly.
looking at the pics i just realized how big the phone looks in macro mode.

Back