AT&T Pantech Burst Pantech Burst, 1.5Ghz Dual core, 1GB RAM, 16GB memory, 5 MP

Any member who has bought this phone from i2cworld via GEB on or after 1st oct 2012 received any update apart from "Item in Customs Clearance", its been 5 working days but no update yet even the paisapay id shows no info in bluedart (ref no.)

I also ordered on 1st, same status as urs...wait is more..:(

i cut like this. the docomo sim was too small.

You can see from the images that the 4 contacts on the phone dont line up with the sim card. infact there is not much contact for one of the pin of the phone. i adjusted the sim exactly and the phone saw the sim and i could unlock it with the code. it did give error while trying to register. While shutting down, it did not see the sim and said no sim. The bigger sim is my vodafone sim and seems big enough to cover all pins on the phone. i think i'll get a sim cutter because - 1 my cutting work is shoddy, and 2 - when i get another phone with a normal sim slot if i cut by hand it would not fit in one of those micro sim adapters, whereas the one that would have been cut using a sim cutter would fit perfectly.
looking at the pics i just realized how big the phone looks in macro mode.

in the vertical image left 3 pins have to be matched where as extreme right pin is useless but getting a sim cutter is a good option

I called up ICC world for update on my Burst bought on 01 Oct & to my horror the rep informed me that they have received an EMPTY BOX from the US Seller. :(

What now? ICC says they are communicating the seller for resolving the problem.

Will I get the phone or will I get refund, certainly I dont want refund, what should I do?:mad:

Did this happen to anybody else too?

I called up ICC world for update on my Burst bought on 01 Oct & to my horror the rep informed me that they have received an EMPTY BOX from the US Seller. :(

What now? ICC says they are communicating the seller for resolving the problem.

Will I get the phone or will I get refund, certainly I dont want refund, what should I do?:mad:

Did this happen to anybody else too?

really sad,how much did u buy it for?

The phone i got was given to a friend of mine...

in ICS, Whenever he takes the phone.. the speaker phone is enabled by default. Anyone facing this issue??

Rs.7400, thats why I need phone not refund.

the rep said you will get phone for sure.

Did u buy it at a time when the prices increased after u boughT?

If yes,then there will be delyas,as ICCWORLD is negotiating price with dealer !

Just called up I2CWORLD...They said we buy panetech mobile in lots from Seller,so we are negotiating price !

Did u buy it at a time when the prices increased after u boughT?

If yes,then there will be delyas,as ICCWORLD is negotiating price with dealer !

Well I bought when the price was Rs.8220, but the ICC world rep says that they recieved an empty box which means the seller had shipped the item.
But when I asked why wasnt the package checked at US Hub as item was bought by ICC world first then shipped to me? the rep wasnt able to answer.

Upon asking how & where did they came to know about empty box, the rep said that "They check every shipment in India Hub & that mine was an empty box" but I further asked about Weight info from US Seller>US Postal Service>US ICC HUB>SHIPMENT TO INDIA>ICC INDIA HUB, she had no answer.

I have now asked for all written information via email including that of communication between US Seller & ICC world lets hope I get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also people who bought the phone on 1 oct or upto 4th oct have got their phones.

Nope my 4th october order is yet not received at US hub, Status is "Awaiting Shipment from Seller".....but i have received 2nd and 3rd October Orders!

i finally managed to cut the vodafone sim and get it working after 2-3 hours of troubleshooting. i cut the sim according to a template i found on the web, but the phone was still saying no sim. then i found out that the pins were lining up exactly on the black design on the sim card and so it was showing no sim. it needs to line up on the central copper/gold portions. even if one of the three pins touches the black design, it wont see the sim card.
the micro sim specifications are too strict. just 1/20th of a mm extra on one edge and the phone says no sim. wonder which person thought of such strict specifications. :mad::

the top and bottom parts are not that important. only the side edges are. if you have a big sim contacts, then cut it near the edges of the contacts. file the edges such that only the sim border is there. there should be no extra bit of plastic around them on the sides. no need to spend money on sim cutter. it wont cut to such exact specs imo.
cut03.jpg

^ I just did it the simple way,bought a micro sim card cutter from ebay,shipped on day of payment,received in 2 days,128 bucks well spent !

i finally managed to cut the vodafone sim and get it working after 2-3 hours of troubleshooting. i cut the sim according to a template i found on the web, but the phone was still saying no sim. then i found out that the pins were lining up exactly on the black design on the sim card and so it was showing no sim. it needs to line up on the central copper/gold portions. even if one of the three pins touches the black design, it wont see the sim card.
the micro sim specifications are too strict. just 1/20th of a mm extra on one edge and the phone says no sim. wonder which person thought of such strict specifications. :mad::

the top and bottom parts are not that important. only the side edges are. if you have a big sim contacts, then cut it near the edges of the contacts. file the edges such that only the sim border is there. there should be no extra bit of plastic around them on the sides. no need to spend money on sim cutter. it wont cut to such exact specs imo.
cut03.jpg

congrats finally you break the code ..... LOL!

Back