AT&T Pantech Burst Pantech Burst, 1.5Ghz Dual core, 1GB RAM, 16GB memory, 5 MP

holy cra*p. just bought one for 9100. also how re u getting to make the coupons work.

guess these are GEB specific coupons.hmm a loss of 1500. hope atleast i get the phone safely.
The price is without coupon and the deal becomes even sweeter if you have the 10 percent coupon or 5 percent coupon, personally I tried with HDFCEBAY28 and it works 391 INR discount

can anyone comment how this work for our 3G services? Unlocked and all... any ideas?

And how do i get the EMI code. what is the procedure.

^ It supports the 2100 MHz band, so 3G will work fine in India and you can get the IMEI code once you receive the phone, its displayed in the settings page on the phone and will be printed on the box as well.

You can get the unlock code in 10-15 minutes after purchasing the unlock code, most eBay sellers have automated the process.

The price is without coupon and the deal becomes even sweeter if you have the 10 percent coupon or 5 percent coupon, personally I tried with HDFCEBAY28 and it works 391 INR discount

Tried the coupon and got the discounted amount but as soon as i clicked pay now ,the coupon vanished and i got a message stating your item price has been revised.

Tried the coupon and got the discounted amount but as soon as i clicked pay now ,the coupon vanished and i got a message stating your item price has been revised.
The above mentioned coupon code is only valid with HDFC Credit Card, for other things you have other coupon codes

interested in the phone but please some one explain
- if phone is unlocked if not.. how can it be unlocked
- does it have sim slot [is it micro sim or normal ]
- will i have to pay extra amount when it deliver to our dorestep

Deal looks too tempting and thinking to go for it [dual core for 7k+ is a steal]

- unlocked costs a bit costlier than locked ones. 9113 vs 7828. Use 5% or 10% coupon if you have.
- specifications mention it as micro sim.
- no. geb costs are all inclusive.

the only cons for me in this phone are no official xda support and low quality camera pics. Its supposed to have a 5mp cam, but pics look like taken from a 2mp cam. I read some reviews on sites and everyone is complaining of the battery life if 4G is turned on. Even with 4G turned off, seems it lasts just a bit more than a day. too less for a 1650mah pack when phones having 1500mah outperform it in standby and backup time.

the pros of this phone are - low cost, dual core, enough ram and excellent screen. combination of some of these features can be found in phones in this range, but all of these features in one phone is amazing.

If we buy it now, can we download ICS update from AT&T or Pantech site? It would suck if the updates were ota only.

Yep, the update will not be routed through AT&T. So it is good news for non-USA resident users of this phone. If the update does land then it will open up new possibilities as far as custom ROMs or even JB port are concerned. That's the only thing holding me back apart from battery life. For the price, other cons can be lived with.

Meanwhile, sorry if its already been posted but the Pantech Burst thread at XDA is already buzzing !!

+1 to what @6pack has said. Only additional cost might be that of Octroi, i.e. if its applicable in your state/municipality.

Last edited by a moderator:
me too... ordered one for 7358/- using 6% off coupon.Hope someone will start a new thread with updates on roms and share user experiences.I have gone through few reviews and it beats samsung Skyrocket and LG Nitro HD in Linpack version 1.
The few cons listed are
1. Mostly Plastic feel- But Overall the phone is solid and weights only 122 gms
2.Os is Ginger bread- As Pantech USA officially confirmed with ICS on 27th September that worry is almost over
3. Camera is mediocre for 5MP. Hope ICS will bring some Improvements in this department
4.Battery Life is 4.5 Hrs talktime and 7.5Hrs on LTE. This will also be hopefully addressed in ICS update.

Moreover If Custom Roms with underclocking can be another possibility for better battery life

I have a question regarding LTE?? Does Airtel and When Reliance comes LTE does it work with Pantech BURST????

me too... ordered one for 7358/- using 6% off coupon.Hope someone will start a new thread with updates on roms and share user experiences.I have gone through few reviews and it beats samsung Skyrocket and LG Nitro HD in Linpack version 1.
The few cons listed are
1. Mostly Plastic feel- But Overall the phone is solid and weights only 122 gms
2.Os is Ginger bread- As Pantech USA officially confirmed with ICS on 27th September that worry is almost over
3. Camera is mediocre for 5MP. Hope ICS will bring some Improvements in this department
4.Battery Life is 4.5 Hrs talktime and 7.5Hrs on LTE. This will also be hopefully addressed in ICS update.

Moreover If Custom Roms with underclocking can be another possibility for better battery life

I have a question regarding LTE?? Does Airtel and When Reliance comes LTE does it work with Pantech BURST????
Another probable con - voice quality not top notch and interference as per some reviews . But others have commented on superior voice quality . So cannot really comment till lay hands on

paarkhi will do so but ICC will raise prices once they see the orders and coupons also might not be available . ICC is known to do that on GEB . Even if you get it by SNS the price is comparable or just 50/100 bucks more . So its a perfect deal with ten percent coupon

manu1991 got six percent ones not ten

As we are discussing Pantech I have my eyes on this dual core Pantech Tablet . http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pantech-Ele...60479233556?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item53ee3c9614. Its top notch with 3G GSM . The only issue right now is people are not able to root it and ICS not available and not supported on xda . Its not that successful in US as 3G GSM is expensive there . Its waterproof to some extent with good quality screen .Its a good deal at 13k with ishop or GEB at http://orders.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ImportHubViewItem&itemid=360479233556 by same seller , same ebay.com listing . Unlock codes at $1 . GEB is expensive at 16k
Rooting and CWM instructions for the tab
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04/13/pantech-element-rooted-already-has-clockworkmod-recovery/

Back