Car & Bike Ather scooters

ask for itemized statement and ask if he will give the bill for everything. Registration charges are not even 1100/- for a 2 wheeler iirc. Is there any other Ather showroom in your city?
I just asked him why so much and he answered vaguely something about the cost of number plate being included, after that i didnt enquire further
Unfortunately we only have 1 showroom in the town.

Could you elaborate about the whole rto process, how it happens and what are the charges like.
Thanks
Update_ apparently they are suggesting insurance of 11.7k instead of 7.7k and 4k rto charges instead of 1k.

Attachments

• 20240918_181330.jpg
    20240918_181330.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I just asked him why so much and he answered vaguely something about the cost of number plate being included, after that i didnt enquire further

Could you elaborate about the whole rto process, how it happens and what are the charges like.
Thanks
nothing man. They take your ID proof, they take sketch of vehicles VIN # etc and place registration request with RTO. The guy who goes to RTO office will call you with list of numbers you can choose from (like that SIM card guy who has list of numbers from which you can choose). Some numbers will have basic charge and some will cost more. I paid 3k for a number that is repeat of two digits. Fancy numbers cost even more and even go on auction.

Now that IND plate is mandatory, they will have to get number pressed on plate unlike earlier where we can ask them not to print number on plate and go to some shops and get it printed.

And how much approx this whole process cost you?
Because no way i m paying 4k.
Check my previous post, i updated it with their price sheet.
The model is rizta z 2.9kwh

Thanks
Update_ apparently they are suggesting insurance of 11.7k instead of 7.7k and 4k rto charges instead of 1k.
Don't buy seat cover and organizer at MRP. At least once a year, Ather puts them up on special sale, definitely during Ather community day. For 450X, they would not sell body guard as it ruins look. I saw few after market body guards and it made 450X look hideous. Ask them to show a scooter that already has body guard fitted.

I have booked it for 999 as of now.
Will have to talk to them about this overpriced insurance and rto charges.
Probably the dealer is trying to add extra margin for himself. .

Check if that insurance is 1 year comprehensive + 3 year 3rd party. They will give full mock breakup of insurance cost. You can decline taking insurance from them and take 3rd party.

Check if that insurance is 1 year comprehensive + 3 year 3rd party. They will give full mock breakup of insurance cost. You can decline taking insurance from them and take 3rd party.
It was 1yr +5yr , they told me that i can go with lower priced one if needed.
Since i plan on buying next month i didnt enquire further at the time.

Just for further clarifications, (I hope this helps all those who are technically inclined):
1) At maximum slip conditions, the torque converter amplifies the torque, but by how much?
Varies from design to design, you need to check specs.

2) Also, this maximum slip condition can typically be sustained for how long before the friction and heat destroy the transmission box?
This is not typical operating condition. You're not even supposed to keep a TC in 'D' if you're stopping for more than a few secs - it should be shifted to 'N'.

, in ICE vehicle we need to race up till the RPM at which highest torque is available and reduce the clutch slip to gently let the wheel start spinning
Sorry, but who taught you to drive like that? Doing this will lead to premature wear of engine, clutch, and tyres. You only need enough torque to overcome the inertia of your car to get moving. You don't need peak performance just to get rolling. Most people don't ever come close to using the engine's peak power/torque.

Even in F1/MotoGP races, they can't use max torque when the light turns green - the limitation is still the grip provided by the (super soft) tyres. The bikes will just flip over, and the cars will do wheel spin and destroy the tyres.

They need to get rolling first with minimal wheel spin and gradually apply more power without causing wheel spin. Heck road going superbikes can automatically do power wheelies when they hit the power band. Hence why traction control is banned (F1)/nerfed (MotoGP) in racing - or driving skill would matter less.

3) In some configuration of motors, there is almost infinite torque (subject to current bearing capacity and heat dissipation capacity) available at 0 RPM
Infinite torque is physically impossible. You can't move a real train using a toy train motor even if you connect it to a nuclear power plant.

A motor will only consume as much current as it was designed for. Typically the max is at stall, where the motor is unable to turn at all. If you continue to power it, it will overheat and get destroyed. EV motors likely have restrictions in place to increase usable life. There's a video of a Reva winning a drag race against a Ford Mustang (BBC G wiz Mustang). But it couldn't have done it without fat, soft tyres.

Otherwise your car's power window motor would crush the glass unless you released the button before it closed completely. The difference between operating current and the higher stall current is how the Auto Up/Down feature works.

Back