Graphic Cards ATI 5770 Vs 5770 Hawk . Which is Better and Y ?????

Sylar

Disciple
:bangin: XFX 5770 or MSI 5770 Hawk ???

Wat is the Stock performance Difference of these cards...

Wat Performance can They Give When Overclocked if used for The latest games Now and the games to Come for the Next 3-4 Years..

I m to Buy One of these 2 Cards.. PLZ help :S

My CONFIG IS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz (Kentsfield)

Corsair XMS3 1600 Mhz 2 X 2Gb (with a useless heatsink)

Gigabyte EP45T UD3LR

Cooler Master 600W Extreme Power Duo

Present Card 8600Gt 512 Mb

LCD AOC 17 Inch

(Will change Monitor in 2-3 Months to a 20 Inch)

CABINET is Antec 900..

im buying a hawk today !

will let you know soon !

btw i dont think the stock performance will be much different !

but hawk will overclock a little better as it has better cooling !

i am not an overclocker but still spending more for hawk just because of the looks and how cool it is , in both ways :p

buddingwhizkid said:
im buying a hawk today !

will let you know soon !

btw i dont think the stock performance will be much different !

but hawk will overclock a little better as it has better cooling !

i am not an overclocker but still spending more for hawk just because of the looks and how cool it is , in both ways :p
OO Best of luck.. :)

Do let me know..

Ty

@OP: ATI is only the chipset manufacturer. So i'm presuming your question is something like:

Stock (any brand) 5770 vs MSI 5770 hawk edition.

Well, the answer is, unless you change the stock clock, the performance will be more or less the same.

MSI R5770 HAWK review

Even if you're planning to up the clocks, the 5770 is a pretty cool runner and don't really require such an elaborate custom cooling solution - that's just my opinion though. I have an XFX 5770 and I can push up the clocks pretty easily to some good numbers, and even then, the stock cooler running @ 40%-60% is enough to keep the temps @ around 45C

Other than performance, one thing to consider is that i think MSI Hawx comes with better components. "Military grade" is what MSI claims. could be better for longevity sake.

Performance would be the same, more or less. The Hawk has better components as people have said above ^^.
There is a price difference of only a few hundred bucks, unless you are comparing a Biostar 5770 with the MSI Hawk.

Go for the Hawk, you won't be disappointed.

Desecrator said:
I hav read this one .. it says that Hawk when overclocked gives a boast of 2-3 FPS ???? that Confused me..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

puppeteerX said:
@OP: ATI is only the chipset manufacturer. So i'm presuming your question is something like:

Stock (any brand) 5770 vs MSI 5770 hawk edition.

Well, the answer is, unless you change the stock clock, the performance will be more or less the same.

MSI R5770 HAWK review

Even if you're planning to up the clocks, the 5770 is a pretty cool runner and don't really require such an elaborate custom cooling solution - that's just my opinion though. I have an XFX 5770 and I can push up the clocks pretty easily to some good numbers, and even then, the stock cooler running @ 40%-60% is enough to keep the temps @ around 45C
I know dat.wat i ment was XFX 5770 or MSI 5770 Hawk.. Which is better

Desecrator said:
^Of course it does - how much were you expecting anyway?
I was thinking that after Overclocking the FPS Boast that I would get will be around 10 to 15 FPS..... :S

I had No clue that Overclocking this card means Crap, (No big deal)... :(...

^Huh what? Which card gives a boost of 10~15 average frames when overclocked? This is as much as you could expect. Seems like you have to read up more on reviews of GPUs.

Desecrator said:
^Huh what? Which card gives a boost of 10~15 average frames when overclocked? This is as much as you could expect. Seems like you have to read up more on reviews of GPUs.
Wat. Quit Being harsh on me Buddy.. :'(

Thanks so much for Helping me..

I also found something that Kindof Explains things ..

here hav a Look

techPowerUp :: MSI Radeon HD 5770 Hawk Review :: Page 1 / 34

This tell abt the FPS Boast i can get after Overclocking HAWK ...

;)

Roughly a 8 FPS boast ....

Hey I wasn't harsh! :O

Apologies if you felt it that way. :ashamed:

But no card would give you a boost of 10~15 fps with a 10% overclock. Whatever clocks you can pull out is an added bonus, the better cooler helps and mostly in all cases additional volts. Besides, if you are going by the TPU review, do take a look at the test system as opposed to yours. Besides, the reason we have asked you to change your power supply is not because it will not power your system but just in case any component decides to die on you later on, it might probably be rejected for RMA citing hardware damage. Better be safe than sorry! :)

Np Buddy

Hmmm.. YEa i get it ..

The conclusion i am to is .. now i will get a new MSI 5770 Hawk. and keep at the Stock settings..

And later When i Buy a new Monitor , i would Buy Some gud 600 W PSU ...

Which PSU shud i go For in 600 - 800 W , PLZ mention the Price and Brand...:)

TY

hey ! i bought hawk today ! @ 9600
it \s in my hand right now !
just getting ready to put this beast inside my pc :)

wishmaster.dj said:
400-500w psu should be enough.

you definitely dont need one beyond 600!
true ! i gt gigabytye 460w ! happy with it ! :)

I bought the HAWK a month ago. The card is awesome, runs bfbc2 with highest settings. You can keep increasing the gfx settings in GTA EFCL and still have about 100mb to spare, runs cryis warhead in highest settings, it runs smoothly but lags during explosions because of my pathetic 677mhz rams. But its a go go.

buddingwhizkid said:
hey ! i bought hawk today ! @ 9600

it \s in my hand right now !

just getting ready to put this beast inside my pc :)

true ! i gt gigabytye 460w ! happy with it ! :)
CONGO buddy..

Enjoy

Bst of luck... :)

jojothedragon said:
I bought the HAWK a month ago. The card is awesome, runs bfbc2 with highest settings. You can keep increasing the gfx settings in GTA EFCL and still have about 100mb to spare, runs cryis warhead in highest settings, it runs smoothly but lags during explosions because of my pathetic 677mhz rams. But its a go go.
O_O ..

so 5770 Hawk it is... Finally i guess i hav found . wat I needed..... ;)

jojothedragon said:
it runs smoothly but lags during explosions because of my pathetic 677mhz rams.
And who gave you that piece of information? That the 667MHz RAM sticks are holding you back when explosions happen?

Back