Audio Technica ATH-M50 Pro Studio Monitor Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your support and sales. Owing to some good sales, we have only 2 ATH-M50 left. The new would be arriving after a month or so. Please PM to confirm the stock status before payment.

Hi,

I am torn between the Sennheiser HD558's and the M50s, can you suggest which one offers better overall performance. I am looking for durability and comfort, i mainly watch movies and play games. when i do listen to music, i mostly listen to classical (mozart, beethoven, etc) and some new pop/rock genres.

Which pair will suit me better? They stand at nearly the same price point.

PS- I like bass, but i've heard the HD558's, they sound good enough, is the M50 a huge improvement?

EDIT-

I will be shifting to a shared residence, would the 558's be a problem for the other person? Also, the folding design of the M50's is appreciated as i have the option of taking them wherever i want, eg- library.

One more thing, durability- i'm a sorta harsh user, i broke my shp2500's at bout 6 places, but those are shitty anyway. Which one of the aforementioned has better build quality?

Will be upgrading from HD202's.

Jamil said:
Hi,

I am torn between the Sennheiser HD558's and the M50s, can you suggest which one offers better overall performance. I am looking for durability and comfort, i mainly watch movies and play games. when i do listen to music, i mostly listen to classical (mozart, beethoven, etc) and some new pop/rock genres.

Which pair will suit me better? They stand at nearly the same price point.

PS- I like bass, but i've heard the HD558's, they sound good enough, is the M50 a huge improvement?

EDIT-

I will be shifting to a shared residence, would the 558's be a problem for the other person? Also, the folding design of the M50's is appreciated as i have the option of taking them wherever i want, eg- library.

One more thing, durability- i'm a sorta harsh user, i broke my shp2500's at bout 6 places, but those are shitty anyway. Which one of the aforementioned has better build quality?

Will be upgrading from HD202's.
For the genre of music you have mentioned the M50 might not be best suited due to slightly heavy bass of M50 .Though if you like heavy bass you could get the M50 . Between the M50 and Sennheiser HD558 the M50 would surely triumph the Sennheisers in terms of detailing . Recently in the Digit magazine review , M50 was rated as one of the most favorable headphone in its category.

The 558 are open circumaural headphones so they will leak some sound and not best suited in places like library . Another alternative to the 558 is the ATH-M35 which has an overall neutral sound and similar bass quantity to the 558.

PM replied. All our M50 had sold out but we have arranged for 2 X pcs from our re-sellers due to demand from buyers on TE. Last 2 pcs remaining .

Transfer Completed, awaiting confirmation of shipment. Pls reply with the tracking number and the company.

jjoyz said:
Please check PM.

Your M50 and uDAC combo has been shipped. Please check PM for tracking details :).
Jamil said:
Transfer Completed, awaiting confirmation of shipment. Pls reply with the tracking number and the company.
Your M50 has been shipped and tracking details provided.

All the M50 is almost sold out . We have very very limited stocks remaining (1-2 pcs) . Please confirm stock status before making any payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back