Audio-Technica Headphones- T200, T500 , M20,M35 , AD300, AD500, AD700, A900

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ You are welcome Manu . Your mini impressions or comparison of the headphone with your previous Philips headphone would be highly appreciated by us and the community :)

Hi guys, i want to purchase one from the AD500, AD700 or the grados or alessandros. is it worth paying the extra buck for the ad700's over the ad500's???? moreover,
one thing that the grados have created a commotion all around for is its detail and clarity, crispness in sound and clear distinction audible in each of the instruments being played....is this quality also available in the ad500's and 700's.

Guys at pristinenote, i plan to purchase from you and my mode of payment will be direct cash deposit in your account. I just wanted to clear a few ambiguities.. How will you know the money has been deposited by me only, coz i am not sure if your bank displays the depositors name and any other details in your statement!!!

Further, there is slight difference in the prices given here on techenclave and your website??? small diff.. couple of hundred bucks. . which will i have to pay?? are u giving any small discounts to techenclave members??

give me the final prices for the following alongwith shipping or any other charges..

AD500
AD700
Grado SR60i and Alessandros.

Thanks.

and anyone out there. .who happens to have experienced the sony zx700's .. whys noone giving any views on that.. they are in the same price range .. Rs 5990.. how do they compare to the ATH-AD's and Grados??? they are supposed to be the cheapest of their lineup of studio monitoring headphones!!!!

sorry to ask again.. plz someone any concrete views on m35 vs ad500's vs ad700 and why i should be paying the extra buck than the m35's and so on???

I'm confused between M35/AD 300 ? I doubt that the closed M35 can produce the required soundstage ? :| My requirements are- excellent soundstage (esepcially in gaming), music mostly bollywood and some pop/rock hollywood. Will be using with my lappi. 70% for music, 30% for gaming.

requesting pristinenote to reply soon..

Hi guys, i want to purchase one from the AD500, AD700 or the grados or alessandros. is it worth paying the extra buck for the ad700's over the ad500's???? moreover,

one thing that the grados have created a commotion all around for is its detail and clarity, crispness in sound and clear distinction audible in each of the instruments being played....is this quality also available in the ad500's and 700's.

Guys at pristinenote, i plan to purchase from you and my mode of payment will be direct cash deposit in your account. I just wanted to clear a few ambiguities.. How will you know the money has been deposited by me only, coz i am not sure if your bank displays the depositors name and any other details in your statement!!!

Further, there is slight difference in the prices given here on techenclave and your website??? small diff.. couple of hundred bucks. . which will i have to pay?? are u giving any small discounts to techenclave members??

give me the final prices for the following alongwith shipping or any other charges..

AD500

AD700

Grado SR60i and Alessandros.

There is a difference in pricing of AD700 & AD500 or M35 / M50 etc for a reason . They are priced higher cause they offer a better build quality , construction(cable, housing etc) & most importantly implementation of a better driver resulting in a better sound .

The AD700 & M50 are one of both the best headphones in the open & closed categories under 200$ .

The AD500 , M35 , T500 are all mid range headphones . The top end will offer you something better which the mid series will lack . As you climb up the pricing ladder , the returns get dimishing . Usually noticeable beyond 250-300 $ headphones .

Now selecting between different headphones totally depends on your preferences . You first need to decide if you need open or closed headphones .Open usually offer better comfort , soundstage & dynamic range . They can leak sound due to open design .Closed offer better bass response , isolation etc .

Also different headphones have different sound characterstics , like Grados are usually aggressive , AD700s are spacious with beautiful mids . M50s are known for their bass response .

Read up a few reviews before deciding what suits you best :)

Regarding the pricing , we provide best prices to all our customers but usually few products have special pricing on TE .

About cash depost payments , we will get details of branch from where deposit was made . Also bank will provide you with a receipt of deposit .You can send us a picture or copy of it for confirmation .

AD-500 - Rs. 4850

AD-700 - Rs.5995

SR60i - Rs. 5175 - last unit left

SR125i - Rs.9275

Allessandro is out of stock currently .

JuGGa said:
I'm confused between M35/AD 300 ? I doubt that the closed M35 can produce the required soundstage ? :| My requirements are- excellent soundstage (esepcially in gaming), music mostly bollywood and some pop/rock hollywood. Will be using with my lappi. 70% for music, 30% for gaming.

An open headphone would suit your need of wide soundstage in gaming & movies . The AD700 is used by a lot of LAN gamers who purchase it from our store .

Incase AD700 is out of budget , consider the AD500 or AD300.

PristineNote said:
An open headphone would suit your need of wide soundstage in gaming & movies . The AD700 is used by a lot of LAN gamers who purchase it from our store .

Incase AD700 is out of budget , consider the AD500 or AD300.

Thnx for replying, at what price you're offering AD300 to us (TE members to be precise) ? :)

Plus can you quote some reviews of AD300, I guess its a new addition to your stock coz I didn't see it earlier.

hey people.. .anyone here know how to find out the impedance rating (ohms), voltage, amperes etc of a particular headphone jack..? in a laptop, desktop etc. .

hey people.. .anyone here know how to find out the impedance rating (ohms), voltage, amperes etc of a particular headphone jack..? in a laptop, desktop etc. .

also , if anyone know the answer to this plz reply...

PristineNote said:
1X ATH-T500 shipped to signops :)

Got them yesterday. Currently floating in a vat of pure liquid gold. These are awesome headphones. The packing was great too. Thanks Gautam.

Mini Review - I'm no audiophile, but when the music causes shivers down my spine and my hands and legs move to the music without my brain telling them to - I know they are good.

Very comfortable to wear with the automatic adjusting headband. These sound about ~30% better than my SoundMagic PL30(comparing apples and oranges, but only based on the sound).

They cover my ears completely and provide decent insulation. While connected to my Sandisk MP3 player, the enjoyable volume is at about 80%. When listening to the Headphone port from my Altec Lansing VS2421 the enjoyable volume is about 20% of the dial. Excellent ! I need to check with my TV. Thats where I intend to use it primarily. While listening to A.R Rahman songs, I can suddenly hear more instruments and voices not heard before. Its like some ghosts suddenly decided to show up. Probably hearing them the way the composer composed them. My Gawd - the movie Robot has so many instuments playing simultaneously. The difference is like watching a desert all the time and suddenly flowers bloom up in every color.

However its a big piece. Only in terms of size and not weight. Like the complicated teeth braces of older times. However the resulting comfort is simply brilliant. Like your girlfriend covering your ears with her warm hands. Just the right pressure and the right coverage of ears. And the one sided cord makes life easy. The cables are of very good quality.

Although like all equipment - you need to wipe the ear cups as the oil from the skin can cause them to become hard over time. Will ensure that they last a long time.

And I have to say I went for them plainly on Gautam's recommendation. Very detailed explanation in the PM with regard to my requirements. You would make a great Business Analyst.

Thank You for the detailed feedback on product & service . Means a lot to us & I am really glad that our staff recommendation was well suited for your requirements :)

Are the AD700 available ? I will also need an AMP to go with these, can you make the fiio E7 amp availble and appropriately priced as a package deal !!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back