Audio Audiophile and gears

This is the right group, however PLGS approvals happen very rarely and lot of people are still waiting to get in. Recommend to get into The Indian Audiophile Forum and be active , chances of getting added are higher then.
What? I didn't know that but I joined the other group first and later on came to know about PLGS instead. I think Raghav is the owner of both groups iirc.

There are at least 5 guys (2 from NCR) that I know who change their gear every 6 months often giving heavy discounts. The guy from whom I got my Andromeda was either getting a Audeze Euclid or Solaris 2020 when I asked him.

Thats's why I always suggest never upgrade/downgrade/sidegrade within the same price bracket or tier as difference is not usually there except tonal changes here and there.

Always remember this one thing that Soundstage is KING, if your upgraded gear doesn't sound bigger and grander then yeah it's not an upgrade.

No soundstage is not always "king". There are many varied preferences.

What? I didn't know that but I joined the other group first and later on came to know about PLGS instead. I think Raghav is the owner of both groups iirc.

There are at least 5 guys (2 from NCR) that I know who change their gear every 6 months often giving heavy discounts. The guy from whom I got my Andromeda was either getting a Audeze Euclid or Solaris 2020 when I asked him.

Not a necessity, but lot of people keep posting that PLGS application is still pending. Hence I believe that's the better approach
Great...finally we are posting pictures!! @everyone, please post pics if possible.
This is my stack , literally stacked lol. Need to get a small cabinet made to house the units
20210702_232734.jpg

Yup the schiit magni3+/heresy are really good amps. Portable amps which I know to be good overall are Ifi HIP DAC/AMP , Xduoo XD05+ dac/amp , Pico (purely a hp amp) at different price ranges, I personally have owned the below portable solutions excluding DAP's
i) Apex Glacier - Was a handy little device , did great as a portable dac/amp. Probably the best amongst the ones I owned.
ii) Aune B1 - This had plenty of power and was a pure class-A portable , went very well with HD6XX and did fine with the HE560 too
iii) Fiio Q5S - Had a really nice dac section, amp was fairly decent. Mainly used with IEMs

Ones I would love to try and as per online reviews seem to be well received are XDUOO XD05+ , I have moved out of portables primarily due to the pandemic and instead have invested upon my HP/Stereo stack.
Sadly I can't afford both portable and desktop right now, would you say the portable ones like ifi hip or xduoo are as good as the desktop ones like schiit?

Sadly I can't afford both portable and desktop right now, would you say the portable ones like ifi hip or xduoo are as good as the desktop ones like schiit?
Honestly I have not tried either units , but Schiit Magni will give you the desired power but you will need a fairly decent DAC like a Modi. If budget is an issue Xduoo would be a very good choice.

iBasso DC04 is really good budget option.
All these dongles are great but how good are they compared to a desktop setup like schiit magni 3+, the one I have now earstudio es100 mk1 sounds loud enough but the sound output of my LG feels a little bit better, may be it's placebo?
If ibasso is a solid option I'd buy that and sell my earstudio.

All these dongles are great but how good are they compared to a desktop setup like schiit magni 3+, the one I have now earstudio es100 mk1 sounds loud enough but the sound output of my LG feels a little bit better, may be it's placebo?
If ibasso is a solid option I'd buy that and sell my earstudio.
No dongle will come close to a Schiit Magni in terms of power offered, for Sundara you will notice Magni to be way better.

I don't need loud volumes, I just need good clarity and details in moderate volumes if that's even possible with a good amp. I guess desktop amp is the way to go, I'll get a schiit magni 3+. For DAC can we use any of these dongles with the schiit or even my lg as a DAC with the schiit? Is it possible?

Request to all that apart from pictures do share music too because we all are here for the love of it. Equipment is just a tool.

I would suggest to start a new thread for music. Easier to keep track that way , on hifivision there is a listening to thread which has tonnes of music to discover and probably something similar here too ( if not already present)

I would suggest to start a new thread for music. Easier to keep track that way , on hifivision there is a listening to thread which has tonnes of music to discover and probably something similar here too ( if not already present)
There is already one over here as well and he keeps posting in that as well, so I don't know why he even made that comment.

There is one here I know but that was my message for other members. No need to get worked up on it if you don't like the idea.

Collection_2-1024x681~2.jpg Good headphones are not very expensive. All flavours are available at reasonable prices, all one has to do is some research....but wish I could stop with these only ( most sane person would be more than happy)
I'll will try to find each and every pair I still have and upload a photo of an insanely stupid collection of cans.
Though it's essentially a gear thread, hope at least a few people can learn from my mistakes.
If we loose the game against Dens today ( already a goal behind) I will give away all the remaining headphones except one open and closed back.

Last edited:
View attachment 108411 Good headphones are not very expensive. All flavours are available at reasonable prices, all one has to do is some research....but wish I could stop with these only ( most sane person would be more than happy)
I'll will try to find each and every pair I still have and upload a photo of an insanely stupid collection of cans.
Though it's essentially a gear thread, hope at least a few people can learn from my mistakes.
If we loose the game against Dens today ( already a goal behind) I will give away all the remaining headphones except one open and closed back.
Assuming the game doesn't go in your favour, which pairs do you plan to keep?

Back