Audio Audiophile and gears

when was that?
1665221106864.png

Fiio k9 pro seems to be out of stock everywhere. Anyone bought from hifigo and got anything customs duty free. They seems to ship free in orders above 500$.
Else what are the options for a transportable dacamp in this range?
BTW
I've posted some items FS in the PLGS group if anyone is interested here is the link

Fiio k9 pro seems to be out of stock everywhere. Anyone bought from hifigo and got anything customs duty free. They seems to ship free in orders above 500$.
Else what are the options for a transportable dacamp in this range?
BTW
I've posted some items FS in the PLGS group if anyone is interested here is the link

Could you please post a screenshot or list the gear for those who are not part of the group. Thanks.

I switched to Swans M10 last month and very happy with it so far. Curious to know if there will be any noticeable difference on switching from onboard sound (ALC1220) to an external or pcie sound card?

I switched to Swans M10 last month and very happy with it so far. Curious to know if there will be any noticeable difference on switching from onboard sound (ALC1220) to an external or pcie sound card?
I didn't find anything noticeable when switching from ALC1220 to ALC4080. Still feel ALC4080 is a gimmick. The only time I found some difference was when I had initially switched from ALC892 to a Xonar DG. From Xonar DG to ALC1220, no noticeable difference.

I didn't find anything noticeable when switching from ALC1220 to ALC4080. Still feel ALC4080 is a gimmick. The only time I found some difference was when I had initially switched from ALC892 to a Xonar DG. From Xonar DG to ALC1220, no noticeable difference.
Ah. I have a xonar dg lying around somewhere but B550 mobo doesnt have pci slot so can't test it.

are this good for 23.7k or HD560s for 14k are better ?
I mean compared to price to performance
Both are tuned different as per my knowledge. 650 is warm and mid focused. 560 is neutral bright kind of tuning. (Havent heard 560 but had a 6xx before which is similar to 650) hd650 need hell lot of power to get the maximum out of it, otl tube amp prefered. 560 is easy to drive compared to 650. If you get the 650 then you need to spend more on amp but you can drive 560 to good level with lower amount of money. (There are people who drive 650 on lower priced solid state amp but everything subjective.). You can save a lot of money by going for used gears if you want to.
Both are tuned different as per my knowledge. 650 is warm and mid focused. 560 is neutral bright kind of tuning. (Havent heard 560 but had a 6xx before which is similar to 650) hd650 need hell lot of power to get the maximum out of it, otl tube amp prefered. 560 is easy to drive compared to 650. If you get the 650 then you need to spend more on amp but you can drive 560 to good level with lower amount of money. (There are people who drive 650 on lower priced solid state amp but everything subjective.). You can save a lot of money by going for used gears if you want to.
One cheap tube amp for 650 is Little dot mk2. You can get them used under 10k. I used them with my 6xx and changed driver tubes to better ones (subjective matter).

Last edited:
Back