Audio Audiophile and gears

Sorry if this is inappropriate to ask here.

So I came across a headset called Epos H3 for a good deal. If anyone has an idea or can suggest whether I can take it or skip, it would be very helpful.

Sorry if this is inappropriate to ask here.

So I came across a headset called Epos H3 for a good deal. If anyone has an idea or can suggest whether I can take it or skip, it would be very helpful.
if i am not wrong Epos makes good speakers but havent had any hands on with this headphone as such.
whats your budget BTW ?

if i am not wrong Epos makes good speakers but havent had any hands on with this headphone as such.
whats your budget BTW ?
My budget is around 4-5k, someone suggested me to wait for Sennheiser 599 to come for around 6k in deals.

But yesterday came across this Epos H3, initially got interested but there are very less reviews available and it is also termed as "gaming headset", so I'm confused if it will sound bad for music.

Listening to Madonna on my Retro Rig:

IMG_20230207_142742.jpg

Chain: Sony SR520P (CDT)
DAC: Khadas Tone Board
Amplifier: AIYIMA T9
Speakers: Kenwood S-922 (3-way)

My budget is around 4-5k, someone suggested me to wait for Sennheiser 599 to come for around 6k in deals.

But yesterday came across this Epos H3, initially got interested but there are very less reviews available and it is also termed as "gaming headset", so I'm confused if it will sound bad for music.
I don't think the HD599 comes below 9k. It can be had for 8.1k after bank discount.

So, Sennheiser have released their hearing test app on Android and iOS.

Links:

Tested out my hearing capacity and the results were quite normal (15DB on each ear). Would love to see how you guys fare.

Screenshot_20230218_091819.jpg

So, Sennheiser have released their hearing test app on Android and iOS.

Links:

Tested out my hearing capacity and the results were quite normal (15DB on each ear). Would love to see how you guys fare.

View attachment 160810

I have minor imbalance in hearing capacity between left ear and right ear, samsung adaptive sound software was able to map it frequency wise and this semnheiser app is showing the same (but the app says that my hearing capacity all together is fine, the graph stay above the hearing loss marking).
In samung phones with adaptive sound feature, when an earphone is connected there is an option to remove the imbalance between left and right ear based on the test result which was very useful for me. I wish every phone had that feature.

I have minor imbalance in hearing capacity between left ear and right ear, samsung adaptive sound software was able to map it frequency wise and this semnheiser app is showing the same (but the app says that my hearing capacity all together is fine, the graph stay above the hearing loss marking).
In samung phones with adaptive sound feature, when an earphone is connected there is an option to remove the imbalance between left and right ear based on the test result which was very useful for me. I wish every phone had that feature.
I agree. The hearing accessibility features in One UI are great. I also use a custom profile as well!

There are so many variables in play that you can totally disregard the results.

If you have doubts about your hearing loss, get a pure tone audiometry done.
Even at 50% volume, when turning the dial in the app, I can actually hear the tone pop in when it becomes audible. Seems like my phone is muting the output when the sound levels generated by the app is too low.

Using the app to compare between the left and right ear is fine, but to compare with other people with so many variables governing the result is a fool's errand. I apparently have a slight imbalance, 15db in right and 16db in left.

Edit. There's also the minimum amount of energy needed to overcome the speaker diaphragm inertia, so that could be the reason behind the pop in as well.

Last edited:
Using This Setup At this Moment...Not fully impressed with the Setup.. Craving for something Better

Attachments

• IMG20230304004347.jpg
    IMG20230304004347.jpg
    571.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG20230304004323.jpg
    IMG20230304004323.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 116
Back