AV Room

Awesome setup man....Total Damage = A Lot...man Rs. 50000 is a lot to me, dont know about you so tell us how much is a 'A Lot' for you, looks like 4-5 L to me...now thats what should be in Show Off section not sorcerers chaddi baniyan....

thebanik said:
Awesome setup man....Total Damage = A Lot...man Rs. 50000 is a lot to me, dont know about you so tell us how much is a 'A Lot' for you, looks like 4-5 L to me...now thats what should be in Show Off section not sorcerers chaddi baniyan....

And do highlight Anish's initial post.... You'll see the price :p

Thanks guys !
Nikhil said:
Woah !! Awesome !!

No plans yet of making it a complete surround system ??

And what is so special abt that DVD player ?? Does it upscale all DVDs to 1080P??
Nope it actually upscales only to 720p/1080i (running DVD's at 1080i now). Its was a few k's more than a Sony/Samsung HDMI player and the transport mechanism as well as overall build quality is far far superior. Besides, I can use one remote for both amp and DVD ;)

Lets not talk about complete surround, or the costs involved at this point of time :D

SoulFire said:
p.s. how many remotes do u have lying under the tv :p
4 :p. TV/Amp/DVD/TATA Sky

TechHead said:
Insane! Nice system.. how's that amp with movies?
Doesn't have the dynamics of Denon, but since I don't have a complete 5.1 setup, I can't really make out.

Besides I use it for music a lot, so hence Marantz over Denon ;)

@ banik - :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anish said:
Thanks guys !

Nope it actually upscales only to 720p/1080i (running DVD's at 1080i now). Its was a few k's more than a Sony/Samsung HDMI player and the transport mechanism as well as overall build quality is far far superior. Besides, I can use one remote for both amp and DVD ;)

Couldnt you have spent a few more thousands and bought one which upscales to 1080p ??

Nikhil said:
Couldnt you have spent a few more thousands and bought one which upscales to 1080p ??

AFAIK, nothing but the Blu-Ray / HD-DVD /PS3 upscale to 1080p ;)

Which are like 35k+ for all :p

@ TH - 30k :bleh:

Nice setup.

You can upgrade to a surround setup if you can spend another 15K just get the centre and surrounds from sonus range.

Even i have the marantz sr-4600 + sonus 2605 towers

With those speakers i dont think u would feel like buying the sub.

Marantz is a good choice if you r into music as it is not very bright, but it is not bad with movies also.

one suggestion - just try to cover that stand with some nice cloth.

^ Yeah working on the aesthetics. Gonna put a vase with a plant in front of the ugly Servo Controller.

Actually even I felt the 2605 wouldn't need the sub, but demo them with a sub and they are so so good. Its not the thump you achive but the dedicated bass port makes way for the mids to clear and sounds a lot fresher.

Besides the Sonus Sub at 12k is real bang for buck!

delhiboy1000 said:
@anish: does the marantz upscale Composite to Component?? i am asking coz tata Sky has Composite out only.. How much did it cost u?
Yeah, it does that, but it wont upscale to HDMI.

As for TATA Sky, its going direct to my TV with its in-built audio. I don't want my Amp on while I'm watching news :D

The Marantz was 33k official.

@ medpal - Thanks :)

super set up !! well done Mate ....:hap2:
Lighting is well thought as well...:)

work on the aesthetics ur ready to rock !!,next TE meet will be in Goa @ Anish's Place :eek:hyeah:

:) This is a really refreshing drool able stuff especially after the chaddi baniyan show that we had a few days earlier...

It is a good idea TE members can go to Goa for a tour and have our meet in his house :p :p

Back