AV Room

Anish said:
Yeah, it does that, but it wont upscale to HDMI.

As for TATA Sky, its going direct to my TV with its in-built audio. I don't want my Amp on while I'm watching news :D

The Marantz was 33k official.

@ medpal - Thanks :)
Ack! Yuo sure? Sound OUt quoted me 24k official.. such a large difference?

TechHead said:
Ack! Yuo sure? Sound OUt quoted me 24k official.. such a large difference?

Yea, my dad insisted on a Marantz warranty card for the amp. DVD was 12k grey.

@ ashish - Links are just fine. Refresh the page ;)

DVD -> TV HDMI (Video Only)

DVD -> Amp Digital Coax (Audio)

To play a stereo source via coax, i need to select a PCM (96/24) feature in the DVD player audio out menu ;)

Hmm awesome...Congrats man...Il try for a similar setup minus that DVD thingy...Even I am looking for a 50" flat panel...How are these plasma tvs compared to LCDs....What would be the price of the 50" LCD...Is it worth going for it...

^ A 50/52" LCD would set you back by about 4L, and a good 46" by about 2L.

A Plasma vs. LCD guide is on the way, stay tuned :D

Designer OFC for the speakers.

Positive Coaxial.

Monoprice HDMI.

Don't worry too much about brands, they wont really make a difference unless your system is > 2L and you wanna extract that last bit of tone from it.

Anish said:
Designer OFC for the speakers.
Positive Coaxial.
Monoprice HDMI.

Don't worry too much about brands, they wont really make a difference unless your system is > 2L and you wanna extract that last bit of tone from it.

actually i am not really concerned abt the brands!
Just want to know wat wud be the cost of "normal" cables-Optical,Coaxial & Component.
I am using "MX" Component cable to connect my DVDPlayer to TV. Seems to b working fine. was 300rs for a 5ft cable arnd 6mths ago!
do v get really long component/composite cables?? lik 10m or something?

2more questions abt the Marantz AVR:

1)If i attach the TataSky thro the Composite to the AVR, can & will i get the same Video output thro all the 3 Component-outs that the Marantz has?

2)& is the Marantz capable of Bi-amping ?

1) Individual component outs will go to individual component ins on the TV. Select which one you want from AV1/AV2, etc. on the TV ;)

2) SR-5001 upwards. Besides bi-amping is useful for 2 integrated amps only.

^^ Instead of driving a speaker full-range with a single channel of amplification through a single set of speaker cables, you actually connect two sets of cables, with each set carrying the signal from a separate amplifier (or amp channel). This way, both low-frequency drivers (woofers) and high-frequency drivers (tweeters) receive dedicated amplification.

SOurce: Google :ashamed:

^ Yes, that's the proper definition. You run two sets of leads from the amp to each speaker connected to two separate amps as Dark Star posted.

I've demoed a lot of speakers including the Focal Labs Chorus (on a dual Rotel RA-05 setup), but found the difference to be noticeable at very high volumes only. I'd pick a pre/power combo anyday over a bi-amped setup.

Probably makes sense if your buying B&W speakers with Dual Chord amps and got lotta cash to blow :p

vij said:
Hey Anish, waiting for your unbiased "hands on" LCD/Plasma guide...
Takes time ma friend, but I promise you its unbiased :)

@ ashish - Quote my first post, you'll find the links. Copy paste them directly into the browser :)

Back