Bad customer support from Dell (non-responsive)

Also what is this policy of no cash payment but payment either by depositing money in their standard chartered a/c or through a DD, Another option is to pay by Credit Card but only through IVRS (Phone payment) even for a fault detection/check-up (Rs. 1364/-)...

Dell has consistently been downgrading their quality levels in India it seems. It appears they have forgotten what made them so popular in the first place. There was a time when their configuration options were the talk of the town and the competitive price was at a reasonable premium for the ability to have a custom configuration delivered to your doorstep direct from the factory.

Then started all the downsizing and revenue optimisation or operational standardisation crap i suppose. They stopped offering the customise options and not only that, their prices are pretty much at uncomfortable margin levels compared to the competition.. It seems they wanna take their business to Sony's levels of pricing and that's only going to make things worse for them.

They've introduced Alienware here.. but looking at they way they're going now with service and quality.. they're turning out to be just like the other brands where Indian customers don't seem to justify the extra layer of support and options in terms of service or products.

It seems like buyer's needn't be beware of Dell soon. They are going private and shifting focus towards enterprise; perhaps that would explain their shitty attitude towards general consumers.

So, just avoid Dell and go for other better options.

STILL no response from Media rep

Not surprised one bit! The rep. has registered here to offer the standard response.

If you still insist on getting a Dell, I suggest you should send a mail to the CEO on the e-mail address mentioned above. Granted the CEO himself may not read and respond to your mail, but in all probability the person-in-charge will forward it to the concerned authorities.

You can consider a similar model from Lenovo as well.

Not surprised one bit! The rep. has registered here to offer the standard response.

If you still insist on getting a Dell, I suggest you should send a mail to the CEO on the e-mail address mentioned above. Granted the CEO himself may not read and respond to your mail, but in all probability the person-in-charge will forward it to the concerned authorities.

You can consider a similar model from Lenovo as well.
Already went ahead and ordered another Dell XPS 12, and got delivery within 18 hrs of placing order. Is in working condition.

Actually, everyone I spoke to in Dell seemed equally surprised that there is no immediate replacement system, turns out, I am the first one making a fuss for DOA / FOA, everyone else just took it laying down.

I remember another incident from the past, TOSHIBA aircon, I had bought their Flagship model, the Daisekai, and it kept giving the same problem inspite of the unit being changed 3 times, top to bottom everyone had come to check the problem, a Team of 10 odd people had started coming to figure it out, untill finally they got a JAP engineer, and it took him all of 15 seconds to figure it out, the Inner and Outdoor were mismatched, the Inner was the Flagship, and it had it own flagship outer, but for years Carrier India had been ordering the cheaper outdoor and mating it to the Flagship Inner. Turns out there had been lots of complaint about the same problem, but I was the only one who not did swallow their stories and kept at them.

Makes me wonder if the fault lays within us as Indians, for accepting stuff / bad treatment and letting things slide.[DOUBLEPOST=1379050144][/DOUBLEPOST]Moral of this story so far seems to be.

1) Ordering Dell online with Dell is a thing of the past (till they fix their DOA policy)
2) Better to go to a shop and purchase and check on the spot.
3) go through Flipkart, they seem to be honoring their one week defective commitment, (Got a defective HP notebook, replaced immediately, no fuss) - Maybe we should start threads where people vote for or against a suppliers A$$

Last edited:
^ You must really love your daugther that you went ahead and ordered the same thing knowing well how bad the first experience was. Kudos mate :)

^ You must really love your daugther that you went ahead and ordered the same thing knowing well how bad the first experience was. Kudos mate :)
You have no idea how much mate. Should have seen the smile on her face when she unwrapped the next one and it was working as it should straight out of the box. That was worth infinitely more than any agony Dell could put me through.

I would also like to point out, the old one is still pending pick up, even though 10+ different people have called me about it.

Further update.

The lady has been following up regularly on her own, and she called today to say the refund should be in my account in a day or two.
+1 to her, -10 to Dell for failure of process.

one more example of Indian Customer Support / After Sales Service sucks regardless of company - looks like foreigners really do care about their products more than us.Anyway, congrats.

Back