bajaj "anti car"

They will soon launch a cheaper version of this car with 100CC engine and brag about 40Km mileage :bleh:

I hope this news doesn't reach International media....people already make enough fun of our country :(

Seriously, WTF Bajaj?

Looks like a Reliant Robin to me with 4 wheels. With some Wagon R style theming. A sure recipe...for disaster OR success? I am leaning towards the left!

The claimed mileage i.e ARAI figures are 35 Km/l i.e 10 more than what Nano offers. Top speed 70 Kmph whereas Nano is claimed to be 105 Kmph. Obviously, the engine displacements and power come into play.

"Now, if you want to buy cheapest 'car', look no further than Bajaj RE60, which looks like it is Hammond's school project 'Car for Canines'"

-Jeremy Clarkson's expected reaction.

somehow i dont get it..

why are auto players runing after ultra cheap barely car shape contraptions....

I mean if i had a lac to spend, id be more comfy buying a used 2007 m800 AC model/older alto that can comfotably seat 4 fat @sses + luggage + decent pulling power + decent support at local garage + spares availability and some social respect to salvage

On a side note..bajaj also names it autos starting with RE..says a lot about where it gots its inspiration.

chiron said:
how high a cliff do you have to drop a nano from to make it go at 105kmph?
mehrotra.akash said:
It reaches 100 on flat roads

Takes its own time to reach that speed though

i recently did a road trip with friends to Jaipur. Nano was among one of the cars and i spent 90% of the time in that. And trust me, nano was cruising along on the highway at 104-105 constant. There is an automatic fuel cutoff as soon as the car crosses 105, so we were maintaining it at around 105. That too with three ppl in it (including the person driving) with the average weight of 75 Kg per person.

And it still gave mileage of around 18 or so.

I will say i never expected this much from Nano. Impressive, atleast to me.

that wasn't a serious comment but I've seen nano's really struggle in the semi-hilly roads around my place all the time. btw how does a nano compare with the maruti 800?

And bajaj removes showcase of KTM Duke 200 bike out of Auto Expo stating that they will concentrating on their car. I was so hoping to see the KTM bike/s at the auto expo and due to this car my plans are now spoiled. :(

2012 Auto Expo - KTM pulls out..:(

We have rather grim news for you. If you were heading over to the 2012 Auto Expo in Delhi just to get up close and personal with the new KTM Duke 200, it's not going happen. BSM has confirmed information that KTM will not be present at the Auto Expo. Sources also revealed that the launch of the Duke 200 will not take place at this Expo.

Apparently, Bajaj has decided to concentrate heavily on its newly revealed four wheeler this Expo and so KTM had to be left out for now.

However, if you can pick up the pieces and persevere onward to Delhi, we will be there to greet you and make your trip worth its while. Meet us outside hall 7ABC at stall OD 9.

Source : http://www.bsmotoring.com/autoexpo11/storypage.php?autono=4383

bikers moving above 200cc space just to make room for cars?

they are just spoiling the lower middle class with this...

on the other hands, these will be a hit in tour rides in national parks, would replace auto rickshaw if not considerable costly...we would of course like to travel in well protected auto during rains won't we now?

ugliness will be long forgotten if it is highly practical!! :)

Back