Banggood.com Feedback thread

did you receive your parcel?
I will share my experience with Banggood as the one you quoted is such an old post.

Ordered something on 31st Oct, 2023. I recieved the package on 22nd Nov, 2023. It was very fast and the product was delivered using Delhivery and not India post for some reason.

I will share my experience with Banggood as the one you quoted is such an old post.

Ordered something on 31st Oct, 2023. I recieved the package on 22nd Nov, 2023. It was very fast and the product was delivered using Delhivery and not India post for some reason.
What was the product cost (the amt you actually paid & the amt mentioned on invoice with the package)?

Does banggood purchases attract any customs? I see some replies here saying they got stuff off banggood and it did not come through India Post. But i dont see any mention of customs

Does banggood purchases attract any customs? I see some replies here saying they got stuff off banggood and it did not come through India Post. But i dont see any mention of customs
Anything coming from abroad has the possibility of attracting customs depending on your luck.

Customs duty mainly depends on the shipping agent. I bought a phone case cost of which was around 2.3k and I was sure that I won't be charged customs duty and didn't ask any low value declaration. The seller shipped it through Aramex and after the customs clearance I was shocked that I was charged 42 % duty on 2.3k and Aramex handling charges which came around 1.2k.
The problem is these companies like DHL /fedex/Aramex don't care for you they proactively get the packages cleared by paying duty on whatever value is declared on the package unless the value is surprisingly low for the sake of fast delivery time. Also they get their "customs duty handling/clearance charges" only if they pay duty. So it's a win win situation for them.
And once you pay the duty there is no point in writing to the customer care, I wrote and got a reply that customs assessed and charged the duty. When I wrote back stating why they didn't defend stating personal imports upto 5k is duty free I didn't get any answer.

When I wrote back stating why they didn't defend stating personal imports upto 5k is duty free I didn't get any answer.
Just fyi, that 5k figure is that which is assessed by the customs officer & not invoice value so if your 1k keyboard supported by invoice is assessed by customs officer as having value 6k then customs duty will be applied unless you are willing to fight the case for months/years.

Back