"BarkhaGate" Scandal

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
As talks between the DMK and Congress (‘them’) broke down over joining the Government in May 2009, Radia was actively involved in opening channels between the two parties through, among others, television journalist Barkha Dutt

Conversations with Power Brokers – transcripts from the Open Mag » POV

And here is Vir Sanghvi taking dictation from a Broker (The same Radia as above) on what to write in his column

And the Recordings of the conversations are here:

Barkha, the beeyatch

http://epaper.mailtoday.in/19112010/epaperpdf/19112010-md-hr-10.pdf

This broke out at 4 PM yesterday and not surprisingly none of the media houses want to bring it up.

Pro paki beeyatch got exposed finally, w00t?

^^ Not to forget Outlook Magazine, and Arundhati Roy... Arundhati Roy should be deported to Pak, I dunno how India takes all the bullshit she keeps writing...

We are better off getting our news from BBC/CNN - atleast they can't be bought by our politicians.

I wait for 9-30pm everyday to get my daily dose of entertainment as I watch the bespectacled retard, Arnab,making a total fool of himself on TV. That's the only time I watch/get to watch TV in the whole day! With Times Now and NDTV being useless what other options Do I have when it comes to watching balanced debates and unbiased reporting?

Darthcoder said:
Conversations with Power Brokers – transcripts from the Open Mag » POV

And here is Vir Sanghvi taking dictation from a Broker (The same Radia as above) on what to write in his column

And the Recordings of the conversations are here:

Barkha, the beeyatch

http://epaper.mailtoday.in/19112010/epaperpdf/19112010-md-hr-10.pdf

This broke out at 4 PM yesterday and not surprisingly none of the media houses want to bring it up.

Pro paki beeyatch got exposed finally, w00t?

What does this mean :huh:

I doubt even BBC / CNN rather most of the news channels are puppets at the hands of respective governments. People are never shown the real or complete truth by any news channel.

Can someone post the transcripts

EDIT : Nevermind. Found them on openmag. The site is going slow for some reason.

Tape 1
BARKHA: Hi nira

RADIA: Hi, did I wake you up?

BARKHA: No, no, no. I’ve been up, ya, most of the night. The stalemate continues, yaa.

RADIA: Yeah. Listen, the thing is that they need to talk to him directly. That is what the problem is.

BARKHA: Apparently now, the message from the other side is, that why did he go? Why did ballu go public? They claim that at this point will they had offered him this formula and this guys said, "no". This guys never told them they were going to withdraw support. Not withdraw support. But outside support. Apparently, PM was really pissed off cause they had went public.

RADIA: But that’s Baalu’s doing, naa… he was not instructed by Karunanidhi to do that.

BARKHA: Oh, he wasn’t?

RADIA: This is not. He was told to come away and tell Congress that.

BARKHA: And he went public

RADIA: Well, the media… media, the media was standing outside.

BARKHA: Oh God. So now what? What should I tell them? Tell me what should I tell them?

RADIA: I’ll tell you what it is---the problem and I have had a long chat with both his wife and with the daughter right

BARKHA: Haan, haan.

RADIA: The problem is if the Congress has a problem with Baalu, if they have no problem with anyone. They need and go talk to Karunanidhi. They have very good relationship with Karunanidhi directly.

BARKHA: Correct, haan.

RADIA: Because you see, in front of Baalu, in front of Maran, they can’t talk.

BARKHA: Yeah

RADIA: So they have to tell him directly, there [are] enough Congress leaders in Tamil Nadu. They need to go in and tell him exactly---the biggest problem is that the following of Alagiri is saying that you cannot give maran a cabinet post and keep Alagiri in the MoS state.

BARKHA: That’s right. But will Karuna drop Baalu?

RADIA: He… look, if you tell him that Baalu is the only problem. I would imagine, he will drop him.

BARKHA: But you see the problem right now is also over the choice of portfolios, naa…

RADIA: No. They’ve not said anything. The portfolios have not even got discussed.

BARKHA: Congress claims, for whatever it’s worth, that the DMK wanted surface transport, power, IT, telecom, railways and health.

RADIA: Wo tho pehle se list gaya tha

BARKHA: Ha, abhi coongress has offered IT telecom, chemical fertilizer and labour

RADIA: Yes

BARKHA: So this is where it'll stand off. Will DMK accept all(or both)?

RADIA: Maybe no, because they have to drop maran if you want them to be accept... Maran is wishing coal and mine.

BARKHA: Who's wishing?

RADIA: Now maran is saying, you give me coal and more mine. If he.. my honest advice to... is that you need to tell them... tell him directly that we are happy because kaniz(kanimozi) got no issue about being even as independent but alagiri is not telling her that you cannot take an independent charge if maran remains cabinet minister. And congress is sending messages through media and through various sources saying that... maran is going around telling everyone that he is the only acceptable person.

BARKHA: Ya, ya, ya. That i know.

RADIA: But that's not correct na?

BARKHA: No, i know and we've(ndtv) have taken that off... We've have taken that off.

RADIA: But also... congress needs to tell karunanidhi that we have not said anything about maran

BARKHA: OK. let me talk to the hurriyat (hurriyat?)

RADIA: Yeah? The choice of candidate we will leave to you. We have some reservation about Baalu. And let them tell the reservation. And we have not said anything about Maran. We are not asking...

(audio ends)
Tape 2
BARKHA: Haan, Niira?

RADIA: Barkha, what I’m told is that the Congress yesterday, apparently, God knows who they are talking to in the DMK.

BARKHA: Haan, well must be Maran…

RADIA: Relayed---no, they relayed that the infrastructure portfolio should not be given to Maran or Baalu.

BARKHA: No, that’s because they want to keep it for themselves.

RADIA: No, they wanted to; they didn’t want any infrastructure, that’s what Prime Minister said, so he said that’s why they give him labour, fertiliser, chemical---and telecom, IT, they said for Raja. So what has happened is, is that message not got relayed to Karunanidhi.

BARKHA: Oh I see!

RADIA: They might have told some minion down the line or told Maran who is not relaying the truth.

BARKHA: I think they have told Maran.

RADIA: Yeah, now what they need to do is, they need to speak to Kani so she can set up the discussion with her father, because even the Prime Minister’s discussion was … she was the one who’s translating, and it was a very brief discussion for two minutes.

BARKHA: Okay.

RADIA: That we’ll try and work it out, and the let’s not you know take it a hasty easy decision. That’s the type of conversation that happened.

BARKHA: No, I’ll set it up as soon as they get out of RCR.

RADIA: What she saying is that, you know, that someone senior like Ghulam [Nabi Azad, senior Congress leader]---because he is the one who is authorised to speak. ….

BARKHA: Yeah, yeah, yeah.

RADIA: Right? Was to speak to her then she can tell her father that I have got this message from the Congress.

BARKHA: Theek hai, not a problem. That’s not a problem, I’ll talk to Azad---I’ll talk to Azad right after I get out of RCR [Race Course Road, presumably, the PM’s residence].

RADIA: Yeah, and then she said when father lands, I can speak to him.

BARKHA: Okay.

RADIA: And the problem is that the congress is not understanind that nobody is coming and telling my father anything

(Audio ends)
Tape 3
BARKHA: Nirra?

RADIA: Hi

BARKHA: Now, their saying, we'll take whoever!

RADIA: Whoever matlab? It doesn't matter maran or whoever? ballu or raja or anything na?

BARKHA: Ha, now their saying that

RADIA: But tell me one thing..

BARKHA: I've had a long chat and they promissed me that azad will speak to him

RADIA: Who? Ghulam?

BARKHA: Ghulam. Yeah.

RADIA: You know, the problem is she’s catching a flight at five haan, going back. Dayanidhi Maran is attending the swearing in when only Raja has been authorised to attend, so he’s gone and told his leader that Ahmed Patel has called me especially to attend the swearing in.

BARKHA: Ahmed says this is rubbish…

RADIA: But I am telling you but this. Karunanidhi’s very confused.

BARKHA: No, but why can’t Kani stay also and attend it?

RADIA: She doesn’t want to attend no because her father told her to come back. She has to follow what she’s father says, no?

BARKHA: Let me call ghulam then. Let me call him.

RADIA: Tell him she’s leaving at five. She’s catching a flight at five.

(audio ends)
Tape 4
BARKHA: Ha, not true

RADIA: I don't know where she's(navika kumar from timesnow) getting this from?

BARKHA: No, but the thing is it sits with the congress formula. So it might be a...

RADIA: Congress is already...

BARKHA: No, you see Congress’s condition is ... DMK should not get surface transport, beyond individuals. Right?

RADIA: Correct, correct, and they are not individuals. Let me tell you one thing’s for sure, 3 plus 4 was yesterday; because of Maran, they wanted to make it 4 plus 3.

BARKHA: Okay!

RADIA: So, now it is back to... 3 plus 4 was already waht was on the table!

BARKHA: No, so why does this formula not sound right then?

RADIA: Because of Alagiri naa! He’s not got cabinet.

BARKHA: Oh, Alagiri got what, according to these things?

RADIA: You see, according to her, he’s got Health, but he can’t be cabinet. Either Maran is not cabinet, either Raja is not cabinet or Baalu’s not.

BARKHA: Alagiri’s got Health and that’s a big compromise by Congress because they said we won’t give them Health. So that’s their face saver. No, but Alagiri, Health can be cabinet?

RADIA: Agreed, but then Raja is MoS.

BARKHA: Raja is MoS!

RADIA: Then is Baalu MoS? Nahin ho sakta.

BARKHA: Nahin, nahin, nahin, if Baalu gets Heavy Industries and ... Baalu gets chemical and fertilizer; Alagiri gets this thing - Health.

RADIA: Maran gets Telecom and IT.

BARKHA: Maran gets Telecom and IT. Raja gets demoted.

RADIA: Who gets…?

BARKHA: Raja? Nahin hoga? haha

RADIA: I am telling you nahin hai (laughing). Trust me, nahin hai. Trust me, nahi hai.

BARKHA: Achcha, theek hai.

RADIA: I'll tell you what is... paanch minute pehle... main tumko ek baat batathi hu. Kya hogaya hai. Ek baat hogaye. Ye teeno ballu, raja aur maran ko hatake, teen nahe faces le ayenge.

BARKHA: So this is not true basically. na?

RADIA: I don't know where their getting it from? I've been telling navika kumar that you gone hammer and tong. And maran doesn't even want IT by the way. Maran wants coal and mine.

BARKHA: I heard that maran coal and mine...

(audio ends)
Tape 5
RADIA: Nahi hai, barka. Maine abhi firse baat kiya.

BARKHA: Apparently this story is not coming from viredhi but from chennai... Some section of the DMK

RADIA: No, it's coming from.. hmmm

BARKHA: You see what happened was everybody i know in the congress was at the swearing in. So i haven't been able to speak to the top guys. Now i just finished and I am going to make my set of calls.

RADIA: Kani just landed in Chennai. Just now. I just spoke…

BARKHA: Where is Daya? Where is Maran?

RADIA: Daya didn’t turn up for the swearing in because he was called back, because he went and told Karunanidhi that I have been asked by Ahmed Patel to come for the swearing in. But the leader said then you join the Congress.

BARKHA: (laughs) So now?

RADIA: So Raja was the only one who’s authorised to attend which he’s done and Raja’s catching the 8:40 flight...

BARKHA: Okay

RADIA: Karunanidi from the time he's landed has been sleeping. Has been resting. He's got a back issue if you know. And the meeting is going to take place tommorow.

BARKHA: Ok

(audio ends)

Actually, blr_p is not alone in not being able to get the full import of this supposed expose

From what I could make out, Vir Sanghvi was basically fixing his interviews.. so to say.. I don't get how Barkha figures in the mix though.. If at all she 'lobbied' it wasn't as if she was talking trash/good about anyone in the media was she? Seemed more like a middleman/messengers role to me..

Darthcoder said:
Read and understand like the others are doing, aint that tough innit?
ooh he evaded the question, so can we conclude that even you are not prepared to state exactly what this means. Given you're the one pimping this its expected you could field a few questions.

Darthcoder said:
right...the only sentence of any consequence in that blog...

you would be shocked with under the belt ethics of our journalists in selectively giving us the news and being hand-in-glove with politicians, lobbyists, bureaucrats and more

Just look at the sweeping statements in there, 'our journalists', not just Barkha but everyone. Oh, and this one expose means everything we read and hear is cooked ?

BOLLOCKS!

This actually goes back to soon after the 2009 elections when portfolio's were being distributed. She was looking for a scoop and networked around.

What else is earth shattering about this revelation ?

Oh, that's right, nothing!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

stalker said:
Actually, blr_p is not alone in not being able to get the full import of this supposed expose

From what I could make out, Vir Sanghvi was basically fixing his interviews.. so to say.. I don't get how Barkha figures in the mix though.. If at all she 'lobbied' it wasn't as if she was talking trash/good about anyone in the media was she? Seemed more like a middleman/messengers role to me..

Yep, exactly.

Actually all these conversations and some of the evidences are published before one year in a tamil magazine 'Junior Vikatan' with Neera Radia's photo in the cover page:p But the people didn't showed interest in reading it at least once ;)

stalker said:

Middlemen/messenger to high profile politicians, come one you cannot be so naive. So much for an unbiased view point of a journalist...

Back