Budget 0-20k Basic Office Computer. No Need for UPS and Speakers

Good to know. Will post the final configuration when I buy everything.

Will not forgot to bug you if I have doubts:)

Your help is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Are you referring to this?
http://www.deltapage.com/products/Intel%C2%AE-Atom-Dual-Core-D2500HN-%28Board-%26-Processor%29%28Bulk-Pack%29.html

Now I am having more choices.:yahoo:

I don't see any combos for 3850. Also, it says bulk pack. I am wondering if there will be any problems if I have to claim warranty?

Strange... on their latest price list it's 3850. Call them and check.
http://www.deltapage.com/list/index.html

@laugh that RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

The motherboard supports RAM modules of upto 1333MHz natively, if you put RAM modules of faster frequency [1600MHz OR above] then on stock settings they will roll-back to 1333MHz; if you over-clock your processor and tweak RAM settings to optimum ratios then you can run them faster OR slower depending on your needs.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

P.S. -- any doubts feel free to shoot.

It just lists the processor [by name], so I do not know that whether a motherboard is included in the deal.

Noticed the AMD E-350 CPU + motherboard [fused package] just below it for ~4600/- but the motherboard is a crappy DIGILITE mini-iTX piece, if the same is the situation with Intel ATOM deal I strongly oppose that OP buys that.

A decent , mini-iTX [GIGABYTE / MSi board] + AMD Brazos 2.0 [fused package] will set you back by ~7500/-. I think the same cost will be associated with a new ATOM processor fused package.

Also even after a much awaited refresh of the ATOM line-up the video output of the same is limited to HDMI v1.3a and DISPLAY PORT v1.1 outputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha, I will avoid the combo then. I will go with the 2gb corsair

Unfortunately saga powersupplies are not available in chennai.

This is the final configuration (Still not decided on the Cabinet and powersupply. Help me!)

AMD Sempron 145 (2.80 GHz / 1MB Cache / AM3) 2075

Asus MotherBoard - M5A78L-M LX 2675

Corsair RAM Desktop DDR3 2GB 1333FSB Value Select 750

Dell TFT IN2030 Glossy Sleek 20" Monitor 5729

WD Caviar Blue 250 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD2500AAKX) 3726 (Pricey but opting for this as it has 3 years warranty)

Logitech MK120 USB 2.0 Keyboard (Black) 625

Transcend USB Portable DVD Writer SLIM 1800

Do review the choice. I was tempted to go for 4GB RAM but I really don't need it and decided to give a miss.

This is the final configuration (Still not decided on the Cabinet and powersupply. Help me!

Just go for a local cabinet + SMPS ~1500/-.

If you feel it is justified to spend ~2500/- on an SMPS go ahead with the Corsair CX V2430W along with a local cabinet, I leave the final choice to you.

A small query do you really require a portable DVD drive?

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Congratulations laugh, hope these RIG's serve you well in the coming years, Cheerio! & best wishes for the future.

P.S. -- If you want to tag a member in your post use this syntax -- @<follow by ID / name>, e.g. -- @laugh.

Hi, --@alpha17 and --@laugh
Sorry to bump this up, but i have similar requirements and didn't know whether it would be best to create a new thread or use this one. The only thing i'd like to add is that i have an existing seagate barracuda 7200 - 500 GB hdd, and a dell monitor. Everything else needs to be purchased. I have windows 7 on my hdd, and I'd like to continue using the same.
Usage:
Internet Browsing
MS Office 2012 (Word,Excel, Powerpoint)

Please advise on whether I can go ahead with the config purchased by --@laugh or whether I need to tweak it for my requirements. Thank you for your time. Appreciate it!

@sars72 You can use the same config if it's STRICTLY for office tasks. And I guess you'll have to reinstall your Win 7 once you change the Mobo and Proccy. You should have opened a new thread.

@sars72, add a decent SMPS to the mix, a FSP Saga II 400W ~2000/- is what I would suggest.

Also here are a few more options I can give you (what is your budget?) --

Intel Celeron G520 ~2500/- (a cheap dual-core processor based on Intel's latest Sandy-Bridge architecture, it is superior to the AMD Sempron in every task)
Intel H61-WW ~3000/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1100/-
FSP Saga II 400W ~2000/-
[rest RIG same-same with your hard-drive + monitor]

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

Back