Bastion - Discussion Thread

Began the game yesterday evening and had some serious progress. Collected all the cores and now collecting the shards. The only downer is the absence of the quick-save/manual save option during the midst of a level - that cannot be done. Towards later levels the combat becomes slightly harder as well. This is a short game I reckon; much shorter than the Deathspank series.

Props to Amir Rao, the Indian guy who was the chief designer of the game. :)

I saw a few screenshots of this game... is it playable with a mouse+keyboard combo? I don't have a 360 controller, thinking about buying one but the time required getting used to it is what's putting me back.

Completed the game. It was a tad too short! :p

The game has multiple endings. I chose:

To save Zulf and leave Caelondia. For a moment I thought I'll just let the Kid walk away from Zulf but felt really sad the way he was lying down, so lifted him and went ahead.

The battering ram towards the final level turned out to be a weapon of mass destruction! :p

A nice track played when towards the ending:

[youtube]YlfUcnSbKDA[/youtube]

However short the game was, it turned out to be very good. The level designs, the narration, the improvements and upgradations evident from a classic RPG title, the OSTs etc.

Sadly there will be no DLCs for the game. Wish there was one. :(

Black_Hawk said:
I saw a few screenshots of this game... is it playable with a mouse+keyboard combo? I don't have a 360 controller, thinking about buying one but the time required getting used to it is what's putting me back.

It is definitely playable but I reckon the X360 controller will be much more suited to these sort of games. And it is pretty easy getting adapted to one. It wouldn't take much time either. Get yourself one ASAP! :)

Will it run on my system? Phenom II X6,8GB ram but On-board HD4250 :(? Also i have a Xbox controller so no probs with the controller. :)

Gannu said:
Completed the game. It was a tad too short! :p

The game has multiple endings. I chose:

To save Zulf and leave Caelondia. For a moment I thought I'll just let the Kid walk away from Zulf but felt really sad the way he was lying down, so lifted him and went ahead.

The battering ram towards the final level turned out to be a weapon of mass destruction! :p

I chose the same :)

^Thanks...but anyways i started playing and indeed i thought i'll end this in one sitting, Obv. could not. So,played total for ~4 hours and now will start further.

^Those difficulty modifiers will ruin the gameplay for you. At least that was the case with me when I happened to activate 3 of those idols. The enemy AI became insanely hard for me to complete a level. Besides, there are no manual/quick saves in the game either so if we happen to die midway through a level, we spawn at the Bastion again.

Now if the time to check out the game for those who didn't try it out and it CANNOT get any simpler than this! :D

You’re Kid-ding: Bastion In Your Browser | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

RPS said:
The game starts playing in less than a minute of clicking the button to add it, it looks just like the standard version as far as I can tell, runs smoothly and scales to your screen/window size. Oh, and you can play a free demo then pay to unlock the full thing right away if you like.

Back