Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

8.7/10

At times it felt as if they tried to put in stages vis a vis the first edition. rying to replicate similar experience didn really worked.
Chasing Ras-Al Gul-la was nowhere near the experience of scarecrow.
The sewer system of AA was much nicely done than whatever they showed in here.
Riddler Puzzles part was a bit of a let down. Puzzle solving in AA was really some experience.
Also towards the ending it did got a bit dull. The tower part esp.

Twist @ the end was nice.

Overall.. i was bent on getting a steelbook for this.. now i think i ll let this pass. I am sure the next edition will carry the experience of gliding above a magnificently done Gotham/Arkham city.

Still i would say, Good job Rocksteady guys. Def better than the silly UC3.. I rem both being released near abt the same time, and def this one was more enjoyable (maybe i ll be using the word bearable a few weeks down the lane :p )

8.7/10

At times it felt as if they tried to put in stages vis a vis the first edition. rying to replicate similar experience didn really worked.
Chasing Ras-Al Gul-la was nowhere near the experience of scarecrow.
The sewer system of AA was much nicely done than whatever they showed in here.
Riddler Puzzles part was a bit of a let down. Puzzle solving in AA was really some experience.
Also towards the ending it did got a bit dull. The tower part esp.

Twist @ the end was nice.

Overall.. i was bent on getting a steelbook for this.. now i think i ll let this pass. I am sure the next edition will carry the experience of gliding above a magnificently done Gotham/Arkham city.

Still i would say, Good job Rocksteady guys. Def better than the silly UC3.. I rem both being released near abt the same time, and def this one was more enjoyable (maybe i ll be using the word bearable a few weeks down the lane :p )
You played The Dark Knight Rises yet?

^^True that.I for one believe that they should have stuck to the linear game structure of Arkham Asylum.That would have really helped with the pacing.

Precisely one of the reasons I do not want to venture into Arkham City once again to play Catwoman's sequences. Although I may be able to recall what was where. Not worth a second try.

I've just picked up this game and I can't state enough how much of an improvement it is over Arkham Asylum. Asylum just felt tight and contrived with all its closed indoor spaces, but the freedom in Arkham City is just exhilarating.

I've just picked up this game and I can't state enough how much of an improvement it is over Arkham Asylum. Asylum just felt tight and contrived with all its closed indoor spaces, but the freedom in Arkham City is just exhilarating.

Exactly! I don't understand why people can't/won't accept it's transition from linear to open-world.

So I've been playing this game for around a month now (Maybe more) and it's so engaging. It was free on Playstation Plus and I had missed playing this in 2011 as I was busy with Skyrim.

I don't read comics so I don't know how accurate the portrayal of characters is but to me this is the one stop destination for all things Batman.

Would love to see introduction of Vehicles and proper co-op.

I've got 50% Trophies right now and those Riddler trophies are just ridiculously hard sometimes. And yet I find myself turning on the ps3 and sweeping them up each weekend, spending copious amounts of time in search of a very difficult Platinum.

Back