Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

OK! I'm not sure what's wrong with this god-forsaken game, but even after a graphic card upgrade, the cut-scenes seem to have a horrible stutter. Within the game, it works fine (Ultra Settings). Has anyone experienced this issue? I have already completed the game on the 360, so won't matter to me. But my brother plans to play this title and I'd probably like to know what triggers this issue. Another issue is that the in-game, some area seem to be extremely dark and I mean "Who-turned-off-the-lights?" kind-of dark. Turned the brightness level to max, but the results aren't satisfactory. Same goes for the games colour levels, which look dull. Last but not the least, long load times at the start of any level. Ram issue, I'm assuming? I have only 2Gigs of it.

2gigs definitely not enough, textures are quite heavy. try lowering the quality of textures and turning off HBAO.

_

Longer load times could be attributed to the 2 GB RAM but I am not sure what is causing the stutters. Did you install the latest GPU drivers? I do not know if the lack of game updates could cause this issue but I am sure I did not have an update when I completed the game.

<

I guess I'll just have to deal with it then.

Which server are you guys playing these days..

Well after finishing off all the unlocks on engineer and assult, have been playing Support and Recon. Support mainly in Noshar TDM and recon when ever I can. I find recon the toughest as the pay style is very different from the others. Also trying to unlock all attachments for my top 10 guns or so. Have already finished most of them. So working with terrible W/L and K/D ratios for the last few sessions in the hope of getting the unlocks done.

BTW, I actually played conquest and rush for a while in the last few sessions as I needed to unlock some assignments....man I suck at them...but had fun all the same.

Which server are you guys playing these days..

Well after finishing off all the unlocks on engineer and assult, have been playing Support and Recon. Support mainly in Noshar TDM and recon when ever I can. I find recon the toughest as the pay style is very different from the others. Also trying to unlock all attachments for my top 10 guns or so. Have already finished most of them. So working with terrible W/L and K/D ratios for the last few sessions in the hope of getting the unlocks done.

BTW, I actually played conquest and rush for a while in the last few sessions as I needed to unlock some assignments....man I suck at them...but had fun all the same.

So finally you understand how hard recon is
<
it is a very stripped down class
<
I actually play conquest and rush best, worst is TDM
<

To be fair my ping is at minimum 220ms and upwards even at best of times.. so a very uphill task for me
<
imagine i got a 6 kill streak when my ping was 285ms
<

I know its too late but I have placed order for game today on flipkart and hope to have in hand within few days, Just have a question, is it too late to start this game, I mean its like people no more playing and its old game now ?????

Ordered yesterday from flipkart and got it just now. super fast shipment, now downloading 4gb of update before I can start playing.

when you first start playing dont play assault
<
you will be freekill for everybody.. and try operation metro for the first 10 or so games... you will get good kills and you will be revived more often on those maps.. avoid rush and caspian border..

Ordered yesterday from flipkart and got it just now. super fast shipment, now downloading 4gb of update before I can start playing.

Welcome to the world of BF3. NJOY. Try see which weapon suits you best. Try out all classes first and then try to play the one which suits you the best. This way you will get experience in the maps and also get good grip on one type of weapon. You can start exploring the other weapons once you know the maps.

when you first start playing dont play assault
<
you will be freekill for everybody.. and try operation metro for the first 10 or so games... you will get good kills and you will be revived more often on those maps.. avoid rush and caspian border..

Welcome to the world of BF3. NJOY. Try see which weapon suits you best. Try out all classes first and then try to play the one which suits you the best. This way you will get experience in the maps and also get good grip on one type of weapon. You can start exploring the other weapons once you know the maps.

Done with 4gb download and tried playing campaign maps and seems I am no good for games as not able to play much at easy lvl seems I will dead if I enter real time playing like hell

Back