Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Guys ever since todays 140mb updated i get disconnected witherror message " the Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'xxxxxx' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [98080696]"

Anyone else facing this issue.

The new Valentine's Day patch broke Battlefield 3 for me. Getting kicked out from every game by Punkbuster RESTRICTION: Corrupted File/Memory [98080696] . Updated Punkbuster manually but no joy
<

That's what you get for playing BF3 at home instead of going out on dates, lame
<

@infected: Thnx for reply...

I googled about the problem and also read about the "repair game" option

But when I right click on the game in origin(what you wanted to say instead of steam) there is no repair option

As I am typing it is downloading, if this time it fails I will reinstall both BF3 and Origin

I seriously dont understand why EA tags good games with there shitty softwares, and who the hell launches game from there browser

Finally I can play online now

I kept the PC overnight turned on and first thing in morning I checked and dwnld was complete

Now about the game: Just two words "Simply Awesome"

I am currently roaming like a goat ready to be slaughtered in the maps but hopefully I will get hold of it

I love the way it is so sophisticated in comparision to "Jhangad Giri" in MW2

Thnx chirag for liking.....

I wanted tio know one thing, when I die the game shows a cut scene showing who killed me and what he is doing, is it possible to skip this and go straight to selecting respawmn point?

[...]

I wanted tio know one thing, when I die the game shows a cut scene showing who killed me and what he is doing, is it possible to skip this and go straight to selecting respawmn point?

nope. in that time an assault can revive you if he is nearby.

but many want that feature too. it's there on getsatisfaction.com (where these things are voted upon) but I dont think DICE is doing anything about these
<

_

Guys what are your ping to sg/my or fragnetics servers today.Mine is gone up from 69ms to 120ms, in pingtest .net i get packet loss to servers in sg or my or anyother SE asia countries.

EDIT:Never mind it was my ISP.

I was initially very exicted about BF3 but it has been week and the learning curve is become steep now

As a newbie I only take part in Operation Metro maps and that too conquest only

Now to become pro at Bf3 I need to get atleast few kills but recently I am facing a issue, everytime I go in any team 90% of time my team(the whole 64) gets pinned down by the opposition and they arrange snipers all around the deployment area, so it becomes next to impossible to get out or even respawn, on top of that I am rookie so I cant do nothing but supplying ammo and get killed in between a few times, with no kills

I know this is all the part of learning process but this is happeening every game

So do you pros have any tips for me, and is it possible to change teams mid-game? Please if this goes on happening I may quit battlefield and go to mw3

A fantastic place to start is http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/npq17/the_christmas_noobs_resource_guide/

The first thing you need to do is stop playing so much Operation Metro. While it can help to level up faster, it's not going to help you gain much skill as such.

I'd suggest rotating between a few other maps now and then. Make sure you always squad up and remember that BF3 doesn't emphasize on KD ratios. The idea is to PTFO and help your team win, more than anything else. There are many ways to do this. The guide I've linked to will help you understand them better.

PS - You CAN switch teams, though the game restricts you to 1 or maybe 2 switches per round (don't remember). This happens from the same screen on which you join/leave squads.

I was initially very exicted about BF3 but it has been week and the learning curve is become steep now

As a newbie I only take part in Operation Metro maps and that too conquest only

Now to become pro at Bf3 I need to get atleast few kills but recently I am facing a issue, everytime I go in any team 90% of time my team(the whole 64) gets pinned down by the opposition and they arrange snipers all around the deployment area, so it becomes next to impossible to get out or even respawn, on top of that I am rookie so I cant do nothing but supplying ammo and get killed in between a few times, with no kills

I know this is all the part of learning process but this is happeening every game

So do you pros have any tips for me, and is it possible to change teams mid-game? Please if this goes on happening I may quit battlefield and go to mw3

dont play 24/7 Metro conquest servers.

_

I used to play games a lot some what i do play now, just like to know is it still good time to buy bf3 or now better to something new coming later

@stalker: Thnx for the reply...

I have seen the guide before, you suggested join the squad, and many times out of no where I was made the squad leader too, but can you explain me how it will be beneficial too me if I join a squad, I know I am asking too much but I am just frustrated by being shot randomly when I even dnt know from where the bullets are coming
<

@quixsand:
<

@digitaldude: But the other maps are way too large for me, I tried caspian border to try my hand at jet flying, but there just no jets left to fly, and they dnt even respawn
<

@delguy19: If you meant you used to play MW/COD series a lot its not gonna help you even a single bit in BF3
<
, but if its no you can try the "MW2 AlterIWnet"(search google cant post link) before diving directly into BF3

@stalker: Thnx for the reply...

I have seen the guide before, you suggested join the squad, and many times out of no where I was made the squad leader too, but can you explain me how it will be beneficial too me if I join a squad, I know I am asking too much but I am just frustrated by being shot randomly when I even dnt know from where the bullets are coming
<

@quixsand:
<

@digitaldude: But the other maps are way too large for me, I tried caspian border to try my hand at jet flying, but there just no jets left to fly, and they dnt even respawn
<

@delguy19: If you meant you used to play MW/COD series a lot its not gonna help you even a single bit in BF3
<
, but if its no you can try the "MW2 AlterIWnet"(search google cant post link) before diving directly into BF3

Thanks for reply well i have played most kind a busy now a days and by bf3 i just mean is it too late to buy since its out long, I mean kind a obslete

[...]@digitaldude: But the other maps are way too large for me, I tried caspian border to try my hand at jet flying, but there just no jets left to fly, and they dnt even respawn
<
[...]

dont try jets first you'll be swatted like a fly in the sky
<
caspian border and firestorm are the best conquest maps. play as an engineer. join a squad that is already available, you can spawn on squad mates if they are alive instead of spawning in the base and traveling all along to the flags. all the resupply, heal, revive actions will get more points on squad mates. also there is more chance that you will be alive with 3 ppl than alone
<

jets will be available ~10 secs if you wait at the spawn menu initially. and in-game after it is destroyed will respawn after ~1 min. there also vehicle instaspawn servers.

but better you practice in unranked practice servers. also watch lot of youtube vids <<- this is a must.

some servers that I like:

http://battlelog.bat...2-abd8c33444d8/

http://battlelog.bat...5-a7281d39dac7/

http://battlelog.bat...1-a6bc3ac4a6b4/

http://battlelog.bat...d-4773096d3864/

http://battlelog.bat...a-84205b587e2b/

_

^^^Thnx again for reply.....

I am done with flying jets, I do get swatted like fly
<

I dont like caspian border that much due to its vastness but liked the firestrom very much

On your advice I joined squad and it does help to some extent

And finally the most beneficial advice you gave was to practice in unranked servers

Instead for getting crushed in 64 player match I tried the 24 player unranked Team DM and it really helped to get a hold of maps

Till know I have sort of understood seine crossing, grand bazzar and firestrom

The servers you posted are good ones to practice but they require B2K pack, which I will buy when I go from "totally clueless" - -> Rookie

I am really sorry I am bombarding you all with queries, but I am wanted to know if anybody is using the FXAA injector and if yes are you getting kicked banned etc

I really want to remove the annoying sun glare

Back