Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Close Quarters servers are up in US UK Germany and other EU countries but cant join them, I thought the 2 GB update included CQ, but its telling me to download it

Wait! There is another patch for CQ?
when the patch was included with B2K people who didnt have B2K complained why should they download a DLC unecessarily when they were not having it/planning to buy. so dice said from next time onwards patches will be separate from DLC.

It was included in the recent 2GB patch.[...]
AFAIK patch is separate from main DLC content.

the patch included weapon models etc as they can be used in the base game also. so people without the dlc will be able to see when others use them ingame.

Played around 5 mins yesterday only to be frustrated by the buzz hard freeze issue from BFBC2.
what is the exact problem. did you try any fix. is this the audio buzz and freeze issue ? I guess some members here also had it and battlelog forums had quite number of threads regarding this.

_

The reason why you can't play CQ yet is because it is not unlocked client side. There was a server update recently which allowed hosting of CQ maps but it can't be played until 12th. I put CQ on my server but wasn't able to join it.

The reason why you can't play CQ yet is because it is not unlocked client side. There was a server update recently which allowed hosting of CQ maps but it can't be played until 12th. I put CQ on my server but wasn't able to join it.
it's not available for download yet for the clients. you can join the server by creating a folder 'Xpack2' in battlefield 3 update folder but after joining it will get stuck at loading as there is no content in that xpack2 folder :p

_

Back