Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
I feel its very biased! the only thing we can do is continuously take out AC130 with air support while the ground forces defend which is highly impossible (it takes some 8 hits to disable the ac130, and it has flares too)

8 hits to take that aircraft down!

If those guys have not seen A-TEAM OR have not read basic military manuals (big Q) the AC-130 SPECTRE can be downed easily with a single MANPAD system like the SA-16 / SA-18 Igla OR the RFIM 92 Stinger, the turbo-props are massive heat-radiators which act like a neon sign for IR based systems basically saying "Here I am, shoot me!".

Ulags

Disciple
Oct 25, 2011
8 hits to take that aircraft down!

If those guys have not seen A-TEAM OR have not read basic military manuals (big Q) the AC-130 SPECTRE can be downed easily with a single MANPAD system like the SA-16 / SA-18 Igla OR the RFIM 92 Stinger, the turbo-props are massive heat-radiators which act like a neon sign for IR based systems basically saying "Here I am, shoot me!".

Sorry guys it takes 4 hits in javelin not 8! my bad! and it doesnt repair itself and gets disabled at 39% plus 2 massive flares!

Ulags

Disciple
Oct 25, 2011
The graphics is just mind blowing!! 1920x1080 ultra settings HBAO 16x anisotropic 8x antialiasing!! best graphics i have seen for a loong time .. Alborz mountains was one hell of a map :) but unfortunately i could only use those settings for sight seeing! my system could only run it in high specs at 40fps not ultra specs (got only 15fps) :(. Its difficult to play in high specs after seeing the game in ultraspecs :( damn my laptop is outdated..

Aman27deep

Skilled
Apr 7, 2008
Calcutta
www.fluxgaming.in
Started the armoured kill dlc download.

va4ubage.jpg

Ulags

Disciple
Oct 25, 2011
downloaded overnight. badly wanted to upgrade to a gtx 660 before armored kill :( anyway will hold out some more time with my 460 :D

_

if my mobile 460m can run it in high specs, i can only expect your desktop 460 to run it in ultra specs! why changing?

DigitalDude

Skilled
Apr 20, 2008
Chennai
if my mobile 460m can run it in high specs, i can only expect your desktop 460 to run it in ultra specs! why changing?
even in ground combat my fps gets choked many times (all ultra, 16 AF, no AA, no HBAO) with average around 50. if I fly in heli or jet it becomes bad.... the fluidity is not there most of the times.

anyway AK is as awesome as BF3 can get. i'm so impressed with the new maps :D
the mighty AC-130 has become a paper plane in PC as every guy and his grandma is running with stingers/iglas.... if that is not enough all soflams are pointed at the poor slow beast. most of the time it gets taken down before it completes its full path. yet to see how it plays out in rush ;)

weeeee!!!!

the big guy approaching

eat some missiles big bro

and faak you dude :p

_