Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

Ok, so now I have Steam, Games For Windows Live, UbiLauncher, Battle.Net and now I have to get Origin. Fan-effing-tastic. It is interesting how this "small and insignificant" details are coming out only just before release. Somehow I feel it is getting more and more counterproductive to buy legit games :(

Add another - Yuplay - 100% compulsory for Wings of Prey players as the game authenticates through it despite having Steam...

Some more BF info on Shack -

DICE on building Battlefield 3 from the 'gun out'

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69693/dice-on-building-battlefield-3-from-gun-out

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Another rumoured change from earlier BF2/BC2 games. Apparently only one soldier allowed per Origin (linked BF3) account. Maybe this was only due to it being an Alpha but the way EA is going lately I wouldn't be too sure....

"Yesterday we reported that Origin would be required to play retail copies of Battlefield 3, and possible digital downloads as well. This wasn’t a big surprise and most gamers wouldn’t mind, but we’ve now got some news that might arouse some anger and disappointment among fans.

In the past Battlefield games, players would create an account for the Battlefield game (e.g. BF2 or Bad Company 2), and they subsequently could create several profiles or soldiers to play as. Now, according to DICE’s Daniel Matros, one’s Battlefield 3 soldier is tied to the Origin account. In the Battlefield 3 alpha, one’s soldier name was the same as the Origin profile, and there was no way of changing it or creating a new soldier. In order to change your in-game name, you had to change your Origin profile name. However, this was an alpha version, and it’s a possible that certain player features were turned off.

But Matros specifically commented on Twitter regarding the ability to chose a player name in Battlefield 3 by saying “your name is linked to your origin persona“. It suggests that there would be only one player per Origin account, which is quite disappointing, seeing how the feature was available in almost all other Battlefield games (we’re not certain whether it’s possible to create multiple Origin profiles without having to re-purchase games). Unlike consoles, PC players have had a choice of not only choosing their name, but creating a new soldier and starting from scratch, if they so desired. This also leads us to believe that Origin will be required regardless of where Battlefield 3 is purchased — retail or any of the digital distribution platforms.

We hope that this isn’t the final decision regarding player profiles and that DICE reconsiders keeping the feature that was present in many Battlefield games. And while we can understand why EA would tightly integrate Battlefield 3 into Origin, this is perhaps taking it a step too far. "

No offence but I found Battlefield 2 to a dumb game overall :(

Modern warfare was much better ;)

The unconfirmed report I posted in this thread 10 days ago regarding the "free" game offers on Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and MOH for BF3 Origin pre-orders has been confirmed by Arstech today. When I posted, the offer was stated to be on for "3 days only" and that too only for people who had taken part in the BF3 Alpha.

Ars states that it will now be on for the entire month of Aug and not necessarily restricted to Alpha participants exclusively.

Link - Pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin, get a free game

Below is a copy of the email they send out -

"As a special thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3 early at Origin, we're offering you a bonus PC digital download game. Please apply the code below at the shopping cart to redeem one PC Digital version of one of our recommended shooter titles: Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or Medal of Honor. The price will be reduced to $0 after applying the code at your shopping cart. Hurry—this offer is only good for the month of August, and is exclusive to Origin customers only. See below for more details."

Question - Has anyone in India who pre-ordered BF3 from Origin India got an email with the offer? Curious to know as I'm yet to pre-order and it would be nice to get Dead Space 2 free with it if I can....

Caspian Border Gameplay:

[youtube]m8S_eEv_A5k&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

The fighter plan sequences seems jaw dropping just cant wait for this stuff

I dont like frostbite2 engine.At some places it is really stunning.But the gun textures looks bland.

I havent got any such mail yet :(

Rickyk said:
The unconfirmed report I posted in this thread 10 days ago regarding the "free" game offers on Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and MOH for BF3 Origin pre-orders has been confirmed by Arstech today. When I posted, the offer was stated to be on for "3 days only" and that too only for people who had taken part in the BF3 Alpha.

Ars states that it will now be on for the entire month of Aug and not necessarily restricted to Alpha participants exclusively.

Link - Pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin, get a free game

Below is a copy of the email they send out -

"As a special thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3 early at Origin, we're offering you a bonus PC digital download game. Please apply the code below at the shopping cart to redeem one PC Digital version of one of our recommended shooter titles: Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 or Medal of Honor. The price will be reduced to $0 after applying the code at your shopping cart. Hurry—this offer is only good for the month of August, and is exclusive to Origin customers only. See below for more details."

Question - Has anyone in India who pre-ordered BF3 from Origin India got an email with the offer? Curious to know as I'm yet to pre-order and it would be nice to get Dead Space 2 free with it if I can....

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

Finally some Jets and choppers in action!!!

Heres hoping for a Jets only "Air Superiority Mode" ala BF1943!!!

Go go go! :)

More great news on BF3....

Commo Rose CONFIRMED for Battlefield 3!!!

JbRE6.jpg

Great news for all PC fans out there: the much requested Commo Rose command interface will be returning to Battlefield 3, as DICE’s Karl Magnus Troedsson has just confirmed in an interview at GamesCom in Germany (and via Twtter). Troedsson said that Commo Rose will return to Battlefield 3, but won’t be in the version showcased at GamesCom.

Commo Rose was one of the most wanted features from Battlefield fans, and it’s wonderful news to know that it’ll be returning in Battlefield 3.

Link -

Commo Rose confirmed for Battlefield 3 - Battlefield 3

The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is the availability of servers in India. It's such a pain to find low latency servers in Battlefield 2. What do you guys think?

dinjo said:
The fighter plan sequences seems jaw dropping just cant wait for this stuff

Only in multiplayer.

Marc2 said:
The only thing stopping me from pre-ordering is the availability of servers in India. It's such a pain to find low latency servers in Battlefield 2. What do you guys think?

Looking @ BC2, definitely there'll be servers!!

kippu said:
whats the decent video card needed for this....me definitely wants this :D

Recommended is gtx 460 / hd 5850. But you SERIOUSLY just need a quad core + any decent card (5770-esqe) to be able to play this game at good frames.

Back