Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Man... i was wishing Boby Kotick has his a$$ handed to him on a silver platter and its looks like Santa is early this year. :D

viralbug said:
Btw, how long is the single player campaign gonna be? I hope it's atleast 30 hours long. :p

Not even RPG games have that lengthy a campaign! I'd be more than happy if it offers anything close to 10 hours on regular difficulty. Not much hopes on the single player part. For that, perhaps MW3 might be a notch better.

It's nice to see Dice spending time to make a quality SP campaign, I will be happy if it can come close to the Hollywood style SP that MW has.

Gannu said:
Not even RPG games have that lengthy a campaign! I'd be more than happy if it offers anything close to 10 hours on regular difficulty. Not much hopes on the single player part. For that, perhaps MW3 might be a notch better.

Ofcourse I meant that as a joke. :p

9-12 hours is pretty decent, which would mean about 10 hours or a little less actual time.

I personally don't expect much from BF's singleplayer campaign, but that was amazing! Dice surely knows how to make good teasers. And surely double of COD's five hour campaign would be nice.

But the MP beta should come out now! My next 1.5 years might be dedicated to it!

Those of you wondering about how it would perform on various systems ..here are a few Aplha Benchmarks:

Our video cards were tested at a resolution of 1920×1080 and in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 at maximum quality settings (high), allowed a game. NVIDIA 3D Vision technology and AMD Eyefinity the resolution have not been tested. At the moment, Frostbite 2.0 does not support Cross Fire and SLI, that in the future, of course, will be fixed as of the game developers, as well as the newer drivers. The test was conducted not in the resource location. To test the selected server with zero people, as in this case, repeat the same type of test items revealed simply impossible.

And though in this case showed the presence of MSI Afterburner DirectX 11, but we do know that the hardware card data to support it can not. Therefore, in this case used as a common library for DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 for. Let’s say right away – the game is very picky about the video memory, so using the card with a minimum of 768 megabytes is impractical. With Full HD resolution will provide a minimum level of performance the Radeon HD 4870 or GeForce GTS 250, that very well. FPS limit of 25 frames can bypass the video card level Radeon HD 4890 or GeForce GTX 260 core 216 ..

The minimum level of performance in DirectX 11 video cards to ensure that the forces of the Radeon HD 5750 or GeForce GTS 450. FPS limit of 25 frames can bypass the video card level Radeon HD 5830 or GeForce GTX 460. While many graphics chips Frostbite 2.0 were so to speak “off screen”, the optimization process will be long grind, but graphics cards presented for tests, were able to prove himself worthy.

LINK

Thanks to Dice I learnt today that a PC is more powerful! :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BF3 Campaign Cam footage.Straight from TGS

Platform: PS3

P.S. The guy playing is GOD of Noobs..

BETA date announced - BF3 Blog -
We are happy to announce that the eagerly awaited Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Thursday, September 29th!

Running until October 10th, the Battlefield 3 Open Beta is your chance to play the game early, try out our free social platform Battlelog, and help us make the game even better by sending us your valuable feedback.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th. The full details on how you will be granted early acess is available on our new Beta section.

For Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the Open Beta will be visible on the consoles' digital marketplaces under Battlefield 3. For PC, you need to install Origin and download the Open Beta from within the Origin application.

For all your Open Beta questions and answers, head to our new Beta section at the official Battlefield 3 site. Enjoy the Beta, and let us know what you think!

-----------------------------------------

Apparently the BETA will be 1 map only - Operation Metro map in Rush mode.

BETA date announced - BF3 Blog -

We are happy to announce that the eagerly awaited Battlefield 3 Open Beta starts Thursday, September 29th!

Running until October 10th, the Battlefield 3 Open Beta is your chance to play the game early, try out our free social platform Battlelog, and help us make the game even better by sending us your valuable feedback.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th. The full details on how you will be granted early acess is available on our new Beta section.

For Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the Open Beta will be visible on the consoles' digital marketplaces under Battlefield 3. For PC, you need to install Origin and download the Open Beta from within the Origin application.

For all your Open Beta questions and answers, head to our new Beta section at the official Battlefield 3 site. Enjoy the Beta, and let us know what you think!

What territories are the beta available in?

THE BETA IS AVAILABLE in North America, South America, Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.

^^ No India !! Or any mention of Asia....

LINK

Since its the same map that was part of the Alpha it should be around the same size.

Alpha was about 6.8GB from what I read ages ago....

They also released the "official" system requirements -

Minimum System Requirements

PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)

MEMORY: 2 GB

HARD DRIVE: 20 GB

GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)

GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)

SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE

KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements

PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU

MEMORY: 4 GB

HARD DRIVE: 20 GB

GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)

SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE

KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

DVD ROM DRIVE

Really disappointed with them totally ignoring the Asian region for the BETA though. Also a 14 day BETA for BF3 seems very short considering BC2's BETA was approx 1 month.

As for the guys who bought MOH specifically for early BF3 access I personally feel they got a really poor deal considering anyone pre-ordering BF3 from Origin today gets the BETA on the same day they do....

I have intel e7400@2.8ghz and zotac Gt 240 1GB DDR5.

Will my graphic card be good enough.

I will play at 1024 *768.

Bad company 2 runs well for me at 1280*1024.

Will play FIFA 12 as the beta seems to be region locked in the meantime.

EA is getting worse ....first the Steam issue with this.

and now no BETA for Asians!!! ...seriously EA what are you guys planning?

India usually comes in Europe Region..Also the beta is open to everyone..its just that the servers will operate in those mentioned regions!

Back