Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Rickyk

Skilled
Jan 18, 2007
Infected said:
how to get access to beta...? I

Like the others mentioned, you don't have to buy/pre-order anything for BETA access on the 29th.

If however you want EARLY BETA access ie. 27th Sep viz. 2 days earlier than the general public, then you will need to pre-order BF3 from Origin before the 25th (or you should have been part of the MOH-LE BF3 offer last year)..

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
Nvidia BF3 Beta Optimized beta driver is out! They say it boosts performance by a whooping 38%

A driver that boosts performance by 38%!! Something fishy from nVidia...

First reports that it needs a SLI 580Gtx to max settings and now this...

I just wanna know how much did nVidia pay EA .....

vivek.krishnan

BLR~ZRS-TX-1-MX
Skilled
Dec 18, 2009
Ghatkopar, Mumbai
plus.google.com

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
....SO who's started the Beta download?

Its 27th Sep at EA HQ by now...M at work so can't do anything...

Someone post some feedback or links ...

Any one got the : PC version, Origin preorder: Will receive an email with instructions and an access key.

More info:

Electronic Arts will be sending emails out with redeemable codes inside them, you will then go to this site and redeem the code in order to get access to the Early Access promotion.

Electronic Arts have already started sending out those emails, however most of you will start receiving your emails by midnight tonight(09/26/2011) in order for you to have them in your inbox by tomorrow morning (Tuesday 09/27/2011).

What are the requirements in order to receive Early Access?

In order to qualify for Early Access you must have played Medal of Honor Tier 1 or Limited Edition online and redeemed your Online Pass, or you must have pre-ordered Battlefield 3 via Origin before the 25th of September.

When will I get my email?

Sometime between Midnight tonight(most likely PST timezone) to the early hours of Tuesday morning.

What is in this email?

Information on how to redeem your key, the redemption key, and also a link to the redemption website. https://bf3beta.battlefield.com/dob/index.php?id=1

Which email is this being sent to?

The email will most likely be sent to your EA Master Account's email, if you have linked your gamer profiles to that email.

Misc..

Emails will be sent to individuals who participated in the Medal of Honor T1/Limited Edition (Xbox 360/PC) promotion with information on how to redeem.

Emails will also be sent to the Origin BF3 Preorder users via their email, with information regarding that.

You will also receive a email if you purchased Medal of Honor via Steam prior to the 25th of July. Your key will be within your Steam Library -- right click Medal of Honor and then click "CD Keys" your code will be listed within that.

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
^^ Thanks for the comfort...where is that email!!!

I hope its in my inbox by the time I get home...so eager to try it out....

When will I get my email?

Sometime between Midnight tonight(most likely PST timezone) to the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Its 3am at EA HQ....whats the hold up EA?

This is the link but I don't have the key yet!!!

https://bf3beta.battlefield.com/dob/index.php?id=1

Still waiting:

General Beta Info

Beta will not start at 00:00.

Between 2-3 gig beta client.

You can not UPDATE alpha client you need to re-download the new Beta Client.

Netcode is totally rewritten and new.

No level limit @ beta.

Cant join as a Squad if the Team is full so battlelog groups won’t get split.

Looks like I am answering my owndoubts andyway for everyones benifit:

Release times for the Beta:

The time breakdown to make things simple is as follows:

10pm Australian Eastern Std Time

12pm GMT

2pm Central European Summer Time

8am Eastern Daylight Time

7am Central Daylight Time

5am Pacific Daylight Time

5:30 PM Indian Standard Time

Thank you.

Rickyk

Skilled
Jan 18, 2007
IMO the BETA roll out could have been handled better by EA/Dice.

Allowing a pre-load have been a better idea for starters. If you read the EA forums there are a lot of annoyed people impatiently awaiting their emails - and not just from Asia but from countries like Australia and New Zealand as well where the BETA is already rolled out and underway....