Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Sad weekend :( tried Sniper shot but kept getting sniped in return or teams i was playing kept loosing the bases and I was soon over run by enemy troops. So gave up momentarily on sniper and took on the Buggy assignment.

So after HOURS of playing i finally was able to run down around 5-6 people and shoot another 4-5 from the gun mounted on the Buggy. However ZERO kills registered.

Thus very frustrating week over all.

Sad weekend :( tried Sniper shot but kept getting sniped in return or teams i was playing kept loosing the bases and I was soon over run by enemy troops. So gave up momentarily on sniper and took on the Buggy assignment.

So after HOURS of playing i finally was able to run down around 5-6 people and shoot another 4-5 from the gun mounted on the Buggy. However ZERO kills registered.

Thus very frustrating week over all.
I think you are using VDVs and growlers. you have to specifically use DPV buggy which are only in B2K maps and ideal map is gulf of oman RU side.
from your stats I can see you have used the DPV buggy for just 15 mins.

_

Here you go
India

Singapore

You can play decently with up to with 200 ms latency

Thanks a lot sir , is the " ms " thing latency right ? . I have attached the picture , please see , sorry am a noob , never played online before .
pings.jpg
Thanks for your time .

@fire
Thanks a lot ,
same question as below :) .
Yes, the ms thing is the latency. Looks like you have good enough latency. Good Luck!
Thanks a lot ,
What is the optimal latency or the best range that you can play flawlessly ? . Like in games we have 60 fps , in pings what is the range that allows the best performance ? .
Lower the better right , but what is the max limit ? .
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on what game you are playing. Old games like Counterstrike, Warcraft III, Quake III, Unreal Tournament became really unplayable with pings over 100. For them lowest was truly the best, with about 50-60 ms providing very much playable gameplay.

The newer games like Diablo III, Dota 2, Battlefield 3 are more flexible with pings. You can play BF3 decently with 150 ms pings, I can play fine even with 200 ms ping. Optimal range? Lower the better. 50-60 ms should give you very smooth gameplay.

Depends on what game you are playing. Old games like Counterstrike, Warcraft III, Quake III, Unreal Tournament became really unplayable with pings over 100. For them lowest was truly the best, with about 50-60 ms providing very much playable gameplay.

The newer games like Diablo III, Dota 2, Battlefield 3 are more flexible with pings. You can play BF3 decently with 150 ms pings, I can play fine even with 200 ms ping. Optimal range? Lower the better. 50-60 ms should give you very smooth gameplay.

Thanks a lot :)

Guys please help , does origin have a resume option ?
I heard that after installing the DVD , there is a 5-6 Gb patch to download .
There problem is my ISP cuts the connection for 2-3 mins after it crosses 2 Gb .
So is there any resume option or any work around ? .
Thanks

There problem is my ISP cuts the connection for 2-3 mins after it crosses 2 Gb .
Thanks

When I installed my patch of 4GB it started off from start again three times, but for the recent patch, as origin is updated, it resumes from where it left(at least in my case when there was a power cut)
Alternatively, if you know any BF3 player who you can contact, you can copy the whole game from him and it will work

Thanks

Yes origin have a resume option but still it does not works sometimes and start the whole download again.But still you can pause the download but don't log out from the origin after pausing the download.

When I installed my patch of 4GB it started off from start again three times, but for the recent patch, as origin is updated, it resumes from where it left(at least in my case when there was a power cut)
Alternatively, if you know any BF3 player who you can contact, you can copy the whole game from him and it will work

Thanks
If that is the case then I ll never be able to play BF3 because my ISP just cuts off after 2 Gb , no matter what you do :( .
I dont know anyone close who plays BF3 , a friend used to play total war series but he has shifted .
Another friend is there but he is a fanatical DOTA and League of Legends player .

Yes origin have a resume option but still it does not works sometimes and start the whole download again.But still you can pause the download but don't log out from the origin after pausing the download.

Thanks ,
I did not understand this ? . If I cannot log out after downloading then whats the use of pausing ? . Anyways in my case its automatic cut off after 2Gb :( .

You can resume. Just pause the download everytime you need to shut down the pc/the connection in cut.

Thanks ,
hope that is the case , different answers here .

Is it necessary to upgrade everything together ? .
Is it possible I can upgrade one patch everytime ? . Means some patches are in mbs , can update that , then another patch . Not directly all the patches that are out there ?

Its sad :( , if it can't resume , I ll not be able to play ! .

Thanks ,
I did not understand this ? . If I cannot log out after downloading then whats the use of pausing ? . Anyways in my case its automatic cut off after 2Gb :( .

Yes you can log out but that is unreliable because i have faced many restarts after logging in again,but not every single time.

Back