Beam cable Hyd 2mbps@999

^^ I'm on 2mbps only..and my speed tests to US servers (infact any servers outside india) have always been a mixed bag (I posted a lot of them few pages ago some time back when i got this connection).. They range from anywhere from 100 kbps to 1 mbps depending on the server chosen and time of the day..

Thanks Shnatanugoel for the input, this is what I have also noticed the speeds above 2Mbps go to only server based in India.

I use 90% of the time sites / servers based in the US and I have noticed that the speed fluctuates from .6 to 1.7 Mbps not more that (mostly just close to around 1 Mbps). I was on the 4 Mbps plan and I experienced the same hence I downgraded to 2 Mbps plan for now as it doesn't matter to me if you give even 10 Mbps speed but there will only work for India based servers.

If any other users has a high speed connection with beam please do post your speedtest results for some cities in the US.

^^ if you do p2p though, then higher speeds are beneficial.. Also sites using CDNs would be faster if they have any servers in/near india.. I also see youtube working very well for past few days giving almost 1.5-2mbps easily...

It would become better soon when p2p streaming for video comes into play like wikipedia is adopting..

Been a happy customer despite the little downtime but not now. Its been 18 day since I gave the request for shifting the connection just 1 miles away and still nothing..

Date: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Subject: Re: Ticket Registration

To: info@beamtele.com, ruchi.nodalofficer@beamtele.com,

sandeep.s@beamtele.com

Hi,

My request for shifting the connection was raised on 22nd Nov(original

ticket# 1342633). Today after 11 days, I still haven't got any response from

beamtele, even after calling everyday since last 4 days, everyday I'm

promised that My connection will be shifted within 24 hours and then nothing

happens. Is this the idea of playing Jokes? I'm Ok even if I get any a

single update from anyone. Also I would like to know, what compensation you

have for the extra days when I'm not able to access internet but still

paying the rentals.

Thanks,

Amit

Sun, Dec 5 2010 3:50pm

Hi,

Since my request is still not done, could you please take this request for

canceling the connection.

Regards

Amit

Fri, Dec 10 2010 10:20pm

Hi,

I would like to know what is happening? since 10 days I'm hearing like

waiting for BOX permission etc etc and No One even know where my address is,

today for the first time someone has seen my exact location. Why Am I being

lied so much from everyone? Are you taking the permission on the moon from

virtual customer?

A guys named Laxman (9912786851) came and told that he will do it today, and

just now when I called him he tells me that it will take another 3 days for

the BOX, also the their attitude doesn't seem like they even care a little.

4-5 days back the same person gave me another guys number and says that he

will do it, then the other person says the first guy will do it, Any hold of

your technicians? Are they in your control? or is it just because they are

like this because their officer are also the same type, who doesn't care a

little bit about the customer.

Also I would like to take care of the billing for this month as I will not

pay for a service which has never been received. Instead it gave more

headache and other losses which I had to bear because of false promise of

getting the internet connection when I needed.

Please Also note that, I will share this issue with everyone on internet

through various Online forums/ Community, like in past when I recommended

them for the Beam connection, this time it will be opposite.

Also Please send me a proper reply(not a stereo type one where you would say

that someone will do it in 24 Hours) as this communication might be

presented in Consumer Court if any dispute arises in future.*

Regards

Amit

Hey Amit I see your pain the problem with Beam is the support or I can say hardly any sort support.

The biggest problem I find with beam even with the 4 MBps connection the connection to US servers is very pathetic it is like I am on a 1 Mbps line that to if I am lucky apart from the same I am also fed up with beam silly issues coming up every few days, slow speed issues, upload issues downtimes or latency issues I have also decided to opt for another ISP as these silly issues every now and then are making the broadband experience miserable.

It's okay if the connection is like this for a casual use but I use my broadband for my business so it's a thumbs down.

funtoon said:
Hey Amit I see your pain the problem with Beam is the support or I can say hardly any sort support.

The biggest problem I find with beam even with the 4 MBps connection the connection to US servers is very pathetic it is like I am on a 1 Mbps line that to if I am lucky apart from the same I am also fed up with beam silly issues coming up every few days, slow speed issues, upload issues downtimes or latency issues I have also decided to opt for another ISP as these silly issues every now and then are making the broadband experience miserable.

It's okay if the connection is like this for a casual use but I use my broadband for my business so it's a thumbs down.
yeah dude actually support sucks came across the reviews at mouthshut and was shocked to see them!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

shantanugoel said:
^^ I'm on 2mbps only..and my speed tests to US servers (infact any servers outside india) have always been a mixed bag (I posted a lot of them few pages ago some time back when i got this connection).. They range from anywhere from 100 kbps to 1 mbps depending on the server chosen and time of the day..
Can u provide any tricks for beam telecom for increasing speeds?

I've got some insider information: Beam is contemplating increasing speeds for the same price.

Now, before you get excited, let me remind you, this could be false or misleading information, as my source isn't very trustworthy.

Target date seems to be set at 6th of Feb.

vikkymath said:
vikkymath said:
yeah Youtube buffering is bit slow.. but choosing a right Dns server solves the problem. I Have moved with Beam Telecom again. i had planned for other bb connection, but at present Beam Has nice value for money.

1500 bucks for 4mbps= (75Gb Fup+ rest 270Gb @ 1mbps) = Max 345GB (if i download atleast 300Gb Out of the possiblity it would cost Rs 3.5/GB) CHEAP AND BEST!!:hap2:

Got news that bandwidths are going to be upgraded. TRAI Says that there should atleast 512kbps speeds as minimum. when i called these beam guys they say that By end of jan my Package would be Doubled 8mbps or to 6mbps :D at the same price!!
Yups, that's exactly what I heard. Can't wait to get a speed of 8mbps ( atleast on torrents) . I also hope youtube stuttering reduces.

Can any one suggest me one good wifi router that is working on beam cable.

Usage - max 1 desktop,1 lappie,1 mobile

Range - 3 small rooms.

Its a bit urgent !!!

I got mine for 1,300 about a year and a half ago. Prices for N routers fell significantly, not sure about G routers. If you wanna go even cheaper, you should look for used ones.

Back